Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by LadyBell
Thank you, that was extremly helpful!
Im a side sleeper who sleeps on My right side and Also right handed.
Will Probably nice sides to K side.

Rows 14/15 still a Good choice?
One other consideration in choosing a side: do you have a preferred view of the city? When flying into LHR I like to be on the right of the plane because sometimes the flight path runs just south of the Thames and you can see Houses of Parliament, London Eye, Royal Albert Hall etc. Got a wonderful view last time I flew this route!

Also remember that you might be a few seconds earlier off the plane from the left, if that makes a difference.
Old May 7, 2017, 8:16 pm

Booking ahead for a trip JFK - FRA - SIN with Mr.jbeans next year, 11 D/F is blocked off, but 18 D/F and 91 D/F are open. I presume bulkheads are better due to more leg space, and these 2 sets of seats are pretty similar, but just wanted to check if anyone has any insight/preference?
Old May 20, 2017, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by jbeans
Booking ahead for a trip JFK - FRA - SIN with Mr.jbeans next year, 11 D/F is blocked off, but 18 D/F and 91 D/F are open. I presume bulkheads are better due to more leg space, and these 2 sets of seats are pretty similar, but just wanted to check if anyone has any insight/preference?
I just sat in 17k on a 13 hour flight and the constant noise from the gallery was annoying.

I would call SQ and try and get them to unblock 11 or take 96 if that's available. 96 feels like a nice mini cabin at the back of the craft.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Mlee888
I just sat in 17k on a 13 hour flight and the constant noise from the gallery was annoying.

I would call SQ and try and get them to unblock 11 or take 96 if that's available. 96 feels like a nice mini cabin at the back of the craft.
I have sat in row 96 on two occasions and you can look for my video report on YouTube (user name HighFlyer)

Row 96 would be absolutely perfect the only issue with it is that the seat is narrower than others like rows 11 and 12.

I'm going to test row 91 on my upcoming flight. Let's see how it turns out, it seems like a good compromise between row 96 and row 17.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone know if Seat 22 or 20's views are obstructed?
Old May 24, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Originally Posted by markcwj
Does anyone know if Seat 22 or 20's views are obstructed?
If you're talking about windowless seats, then no, the whole of the large cabin should have windows.

If you're talking about being obstructed by the aircraft wing, then yes I believe practically the whole of the second cabin will be looking at the wing. The A380 wing is just huge!!

However, being on the upper deck you will be able to look further out. Also, take note that as there are side bins, and the side walls are very thick, it is in general difficult to look out of an A380 upper deck window.
Old May 24, 2017, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by pokfur
If you're talking about windowless seats, then no, the whole of the large cabin should have windows.

If you're talking about being obstructed by the aircraft wing, then yes I believe practically the whole of the second cabin will be looking at the wing. The A380 wing is just huge!!

However, being on the upper deck you will be able to look further out. Also, take note that as there are side bins, and the side walls are very thick, it is in general difficult to look out of an A380 upper deck window.
While I agree the wall is thicker on the upper deck I wouldnt call it difficult. Especially compared to other products like the herringbone seat or the staggered seating where your window seat really is an aisle seat. If you're sitting in rows 12-16 or 91-96 A or K, outside viewing will be pretty easy.
​​​​
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: SQ Gold; QR Silver
Flying in 18A soon, does anyone have any advice regarding this seat? Is there significant noise from the galley?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by mileagerun99
Flying in 18A soon, does anyone have any advice regarding this seat? Is there significant noise from the galley?
I sat 17k which is on opposite side recently on LHR-SIN route and the galley was quite busy throughout the 13.5 hours. I don't think I'll take this seat again in the future.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
18DF are great seats, but for the solo ones by the window I'd go for at least 19A/K and behind. Or the front cabin.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:17 pm

Rear cabin all the way for me. 91/96 A/K are my preferred seats
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:28 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Going to have to give 96K a try on a future flight !
Old Nov 9, 2017, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Rear cabin all the way for me. 91/96 A/K are my preferred seats
Does 91 D/F have the bulkhead larger seats without the footcubby?

I'm travelling with you gf, would you recommend these seats?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by aster
Does anyone who has flown both the SQ and QF A380 share the above poster's opinion of the QF hard product being better?
No way. QF J seats droop and don't provide direct aisle access for everyone.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 12:49 pm

Recently flew LHR > SYD in row 96. I had the whole row to myself on both legs, which was great, but it's worth noting that there is a lot of traffic to the toilet, which you will hear flushing every time. There is also a bit of galley noise.

I asked for ear plugs which totally solved the problem, but light sleepers might find 96 too much of a stretch, despite its benefits.

The staff evidently know of the issue as I was given the option to move on the SIN > SYD leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.