Wiki Posts
Search

Paid single-sector upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold, Aegean *G, QF, SQ...etc
Paid single-sector upgrade

Looking at work booking a trip for me MEL-FRA in Y (H, specifically) rendering my paid fare ineligible for points upgrade. Can anyone confirm or deny that SQ allows paid single-sector upgrades? I'll be flying on a 744.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Nope, most certainly not. To upgrade on SQ it will be the cost of upgrading your entire ticket from the the current booking class to the cheapest Business class ticket available
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:38 am
Original Poster

And they require the upgrade to apply from origin to destination? Ie if I am flying MEL-FRA via SIN I won't be able to upgrade just the SIN-FRA leg?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Placebogirl
And they require the upgrade to apply from origin to destination? Ie if I am flying MEL-FRA via SIN I won't be able to upgrade just the SIN-FRA leg?
Yes, you can. However, split fares are often very expensive. You will end up paying H fare for MEL-SIN and D fare SIN-FRA. The combined fare will be close to MEL-FRA in C.@:-)

I picked a random date in Aug as example. MEL-SIN-FRA-SIN-MEL in H is $1573+; MEL-SIN-FRA-SIN-MEL in J is $7174+. MEL-SIN-MEL in H is $835+; SIN-FRA-SIN in D is $4913+; the combined fare is $5748+. In sum, you need to pay around $4175 to upgrade SIN-FRA-SIN only, yet ou get to upgrade MEL-SIN-MEL as well for only around $1426 more.

Last edited by TerryK; Jun 30, 2011 at 3:39 am
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks TerryK! At least now I know what I'm in for if I do decide to go for upgrades. The reason for doing single sector upgrades rather than just paying full fare is that work will pay for me to travel Y MEL-FRA, and I'm looking to (personally) make that a bit more comfortable. Anyone know whether SQ do discounted at-airport upgrades?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Placebogirl
....Anyone know whether SQ do discounted at-airport upgrades?
I thought that was your original question. Any way, the answer is the same. The only way to upgrade on SQ, over the phone or at airport, is to pay fare difference as quoted. You need at least one extra hour at the airport for upgrade as your ticket needs to be re-issued.@:-)
Old Jul 8, 2011, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Ah, sorry, I was considering whether or not to do the u/gs in advance. This may all be moot if I end up going to Alaska on holiday....
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: AC*E35
Originally Posted by TerryK
I thought that was your original question. Any way, the answer is the same. The only way to upgrade on SQ, over the phone or at airport, is to pay fare difference as quoted. You need at least one extra hour at the airport for upgrade as your ticket needs to be re-issued.@:-)
So I am an Aeroplan member, but do Kris flyer members get upgrades on SQ or nothing of the sort?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.