Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Website issues on 'new' SQ website (From May 2011-July 6 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website issues on 'new' SQ website (From May 2011-July 6 2012)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2011, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Angry Website issues on 'new' SQ website (From May 2011-July 6 2012)

Pretty slow. I would give it another 2 months before all the teething problems get fixed!
Old May 22, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
As per the T&C's on the new website, it doesnt seem that anything is changing:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/p...eemMiles_SQMI/
Old May 22, 2011, 6:50 am

Programs: SQ KF
New A380 Seat Map

Has anyone checked out the A380 Seat Map?

Think its a glitch, and only the new config aircraft layout is shown for the upper deck.

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/seatmaps/airbus380.pdf

Row 96 is a real mini J cabin - only 1 row.

Rows 11 and 91 have no windows.
Old May 22, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Here are my complaints.

1. Why the big header taking up more than 1/3 of my lap top screen (15 inches). Other relevant information could not be properly displayed as a result.

2. Aster's Warsaw problem is still not resolved...

3. Addition the header complaint above, the booking result has another big header showing the price and itinerary taking up more than 1/2 the screen. As such, one does not have a good overview of the selection results (i.e. which flight to take).

4. One is not possible to select the booking class one wants to purchase. Problem for me as SQ's booking class W for instance cannot accrue 100% mileage with ROP program.

5. Can they not fit the entire page into one screen so that I do not have to scroll down to read, like they have the last time around?

6. Calender on the booking page? Can they not hide it or make it smaller? Such a waste of space. I cannot enter number of adults and classed without scrolling down.

7. There is no calender available for multi-detination booking.

8. Maybe I am bias as I am not KF member. But must the member log-on be so big? In my view, it is not that important to warrant so much space. Not everyone is a member. Those who are member will have to log in once and not be bother with it anymore.

9. Click on the offer and you will see only one offer without scrolling down.

10. Seat maps. Do they not have a clearer pdf document? Must I still see the header again without seats and SQ logo - I want to know the seat arrangements? Must the document be set at default 228%? http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/seatmaps/airbus380.pdf

11. Click on SQ corporate. It brings you to another screen for you to click on another link to get there. How user friendly that can it be.

12. It is really slow isn't it?

I find that they have merely changed the form but not the substance. And I really do not like the new form.

Last edited by anaidross; May 22, 2011 at 3:25 pm
Old May 22, 2011, 3:12 pm

"The flight is not found in any of the specified categories."
Anyone faced this error yet?
Old May 22, 2011, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird84
It definitely is a nicely done update to the site.
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
I was overwhelmed by the new website!

Seems like everything is now thrown up front and lots of info..

I'll give it some thumbs up!
are you guys sure? have you ever touch the new site before comment?

i must say its a terrible job for SQ ^
Old May 22, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by letsflythere

I checked it out, yes. I think of it as a beta version of what is to be the real website. I had worked into several things and there were glitches in it.

I gave it some thumbs up on some aspects of it, certainly not all of it.
Old May 22, 2011, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, QF Silver, AA Platinum
Hmmm... I'm in two minds. I agree that the old site definitely needed a facelift as it was looking very dated. That said, I wish they'd spent more time on testing the site before launching.

One that really confuses me is that for my travel-agent reservation, when I go to Manage Booking, my reservation is shown, but when I click on it, the site then prompts me to enter more information to retrieve the booking even though it's just listed it. Why? The old site just let me see the reservation details without having to start entering more information (for the same reservation a couple of days ago). Frustrating!

It also seems to think all 7 segments on that reservation are in J class, when infact 2 of them are in Y class.
Old May 22, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by letsflythere

Got to agree, it's a poor implementation and it's obvious that little testing was done
Old May 23, 2011, 2:08 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Hmm, it's a small improvement, however:

• Using the carousel at the bottom scrolls the page back to the top
  • You still cannot type the IATA 3-letter code and tab in the form without choosing the long form airport name
  • The currency drop down is not wide enough, and should list the abbreviation first
  • The "only a few seats left message" is even displayed for wide open suites
  • Lightbox used for fare doesn't have a close icon
  • Book now panel on the home page is pointless and just displays a how to pay panel
  • Video quality very poor and grainy, certainly of the Suites
  • No link to Book the Cook from food sections in R/F/J
  • MAN rather than LHR listed on the map when zoomed out

Not great.

BC
Old May 23, 2011, 2:13 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
I get error messages when trying to change an award redemption online. Had to call it in.
Old May 23, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Terrible update - didn't they test it first??

What is even more frustrating is the lack of contact numbers for me to try and contact a booking office. I am looking to purchase a mulitistop business fare and they are basically turning my money away !
Old May 23, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by newshound
Terrible update - didn't they test it first??

What is even more frustrating is the lack of contact numbers for me to try and contact a booking office. I am looking to purchase a mulitistop business fare and they are basically turning my money away !
Oh, that part of the new web site seems to work thankfully! At the bottom of the page on the right hand side look for "contact us" link. You'll then need to put in your location and it will bring up all the contact numbers.

I had to do this today to call up and check my flights for what appeared to be missing information according to the web site.

If you end up talking to an agent just make sure you give them your opinion on the new web site I think the word is going to be filtering back from the telephone agents about the complaints coming in about the web site.
Old May 23, 2011, 4:45 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Redemption booking on old site allowed for a mixed booking (Flight 1 in First, Flight 2 in Business [due to Two class configuration - J&Y]) - new site returns "No available seats in selected cabin class".

I will have to make a call.
Old May 23, 2011, 8:15 am

500 error not fixed yet & selected meal cannot change to standard meal again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.