Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:58 pm

Just visited ION last Wednesday and while settling something else with SQ, I requested for them to send a chaser for my November flight. Just received confirmation today for my J class.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by SQ319
Question 1 - Should I waitlist the 2 seats, or just confirm the single seat, and waitlist the 2nd seat? If the latter, does it make a difference if the 2nd seat waitlist is on the same KF account or a different one? Both hubby and I have enough miles to make the redemption. I haven't got a backup plan for the 2nd passenger, yet. Might look at redeeming J on ANA.
I believe if you waitlist all 2 seats, then you should have reserved that 1 confirmed seat, without having to pay for it first.

Question 2 - Should my J waitlist materialise, I will need to cancel the PE/Y booking in order to ticket my J waitlist. IIRC, I will need to call KF membership services to cancel my booking and redeposit the miles back into the account straightaway so that I can ticket my J bookings. Is that still the same procedure?
For no status, cancellation and redeposit of miles will be US$30, plus some time for redeposit. I believe they can just do change of class of service (offline) for US$20.

Question 3 - To make things a little more complicated, I will be travelling with my LO who will need an infant ticket. Since I will confirm a Y/PE Saver ticket, I will purchase my infant ticket first to confirm my bassinet. However, if the J waitlist materialises, how will that work with the infant ticket? Do u reckon my chances of my J waitlist materialising is even lower if I already have a confirmed Y/PE booking with infant ticket?
I'm on a similar boat, my solution is not to book infant ticket first (hopefully, bassinet stays available).
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by fone
For no status, cancellation and redeposit of miles will be US$30, plus some time for redeposit. I believe they can just do change of class of service (offline) for US$20.
Thanks for your input. I recall if you call KF membership services they will do an immediate redeposit, so there is no wait and u can ticket your confirmed waitlist straightaway.

Not sure if this is still the case?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:55 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have a confirmed flight from HND-SIN on the 29th Nov, at the same time i am on waitlist for the flight from HND-SIN on 30th Nov, my preferred date.

If the waitlist clear, can i just change the date on my confirmed flight to the 30th with no charges?
The call centre person was saying that i will have to incurr a US$30 fee for cancelling the confirmed flight and rebook on my waitlisted flight due to different booking reference number. Is this true?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by shevboyz
I have a confirmed flight from HND-SIN on the 29th Nov, at the same time i am on waitlist for the flight from HND-SIN on 30th Nov, my preferred date.

If the waitlist clear, can i just change the date on my confirmed flight to the 30th with no charges?
The call centre person was saying that i will have to incurr a US$30 fee for cancelling the confirmed flight and rebook on my waitlisted flight due to different booking reference number. Is this true?
I have done it before, call in for a date change (confirmed to a previously waitlisted one), which is free, but that was like at least 5 years ago.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:29 am

I have done it before, call in for a date change (confirmed to a previously waitlisted one), which is free, but that was like at least 5 years ago.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s.../service-fees/

Shouldn't be charged, as it's considered a change of date.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 2:46 am

Did it last November, no charge even though there may be 2 separate booking references. I understand the agent needs to "associate" the booking though, and some may not know how to.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by samunique
Did it last November, no charge even though there may be 2 separate booking references. I understand the agent needs to "associate" the booking though, and some may not know how to.
I would think it should be the case as well since it's just a change of date.
Guess i will need to get the 'right agent' to do this if my waitlist clear.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Data point. I transferred points from citi and spg in order wait list for suites. Citi points transferred in a day, spg took almost a week.

Wait listed a few days ago for nrt-lax on September 9. Also wait listed for the 8th and 10th.

Got the email today that September 9 cleared. Confirmed it online. Was pleased that fees are only 6140 yen, I thought it would be more.

Is there a consensus "best seat" I should try to get?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:52 am

i received an email from SQ "your SIA itenerary--XX APR for Doe, John"

I dont have enough miles in my account but i have a pending sq flight that i will change to make miles available.

My question is, is this a confirmation of being pulled off the waitlist?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
i received an email from SQ "your SIA itenerary--XX APR for Doe, John"

I dont have enough miles in my account but i have a pending sq flight that i will change to make miles available.

My question is, is this a confirmation of being pulled off the waitlist?
The email will state if the waitlisted ticket is now available for ticketing. If so, u can actually call Krisflyer to cancel your pending SQ flight so that miles will be immediately available and u can ticket the confirmed flight.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:15 pm

I believe if you waitlist all 2 seats, then you should have reserved that 1 confirmed seat, without having to pay for it first.
I thought so too, but actually no. I waitlisted for 2 seats together for one flight under 1 PNR, however, am still able to confirm a 1 seat redemption on the same flight under a separate search.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:31 am

My JFK-SYD for November waitlist got cleared. I don't know just yet if that's the convenient date to travel. Should I confirm this ticket now and look out for a better departure date closer to my travel date?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by little bunny
My JFK-SYD for November waitlist got cleared. I don't know just yet if that's the convenient date to travel. Should I confirm this ticket now and look out for a better departure date closer to my travel date?
Confirm it. If there is another date which u want to travel on later on, u can make the change FOC.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:28 am

Confirm it. If there is another date which u want to travel on later on, u can make the change FOC.
Thanks! I'll do that.

I went online and it says available for confirmation but confirm flights option is grated out.... Why?

Oh it's because I have another waitlisted flights!

Last edited by little bunny; Jun 30, 2016 at 5:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.