Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2015, 3:02 pm

interesting thread.
i'd love to know how to clear the waitlist so i could actually get into that a380 first class.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:53 pm

it can be clear anytime from the time you book to the date of departure. no one knows; you could only call krisflyer to expedite the clearing. My (one way) sin - jfk suites clear within 10 days of booking.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA UA BA LH Hyatt SPG
Datapoint:
Just cleared FRA-JFK in Suites for 1 pax in early July. Waitlisted in January, cleared a few hours ago. No status. I did call SQ about it last week, but I don't think that did anything.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Do wait lists clear more often for one pax than for two?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wripro
Do wait lists clear more often for one pax than for two?
One is always going to be easier.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:21 pm

I'm still in a state of shock.
Our waitlisted SQ62 SIN-IAH F saver has just come through and it is for 4 Pax.
2 adults and 2 kids
Travelling in 2 weeks time.
Woo Hoo!
Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:52 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SgtSweetchuck
I'm still in a state of shock.
Our waitlisted SQ62 SIN-IAH F saver has just come through and it is for 4 Pax.
2 adults and 2 kids
Travelling in 2 weeks time.
Woo Hoo!
Congrats. Probably zero revenue or award pax booked yet so seats were released based on your waitlist. As long as there are still 4 available for sale that could cover potential revenue bookings.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: KF
SIN to LHR 1 x Pax in suites waitlisted cleared today for 29th July - six weeks out!, in addition to two other existing suites redemption bookings for that flight, so three of us on the same flight in Suites on a redemption booking.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PipB1973
SIN to LHR 1 x Pax in suites waitlisted cleared today for 29th July - six weeks out!, in addition to two other existing suites redemption bookings for that flight, so three of us on the same flight in Suites on a redemption booking.
That's excellent. A couple of months back I had two confirmed and one wait listed till a few days out which didn't get confirmed so had to cancel all three.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:06 pm

So, I have 0 KF miles at the moment, but I can transfer them from Chase Ultimate Rewards. Need your help!

I can transfer 42,500 points and get waitlisted for the outbound leg (5-Aug) of my flight (but confirmed for the return leg 12-Aug...weird. What happens if I never clear for the outbound??). But there's also the option to mix miles and cash and pay that way (which would result in a confirmed flight). However, because I have 0 miles in my account at the moment, the website won't even show me how much it would cost if I did use some miles. Does anyone know approximately the valuation of 1 KF mile in this kind of situation? I would hate to transfer over a bunch of miles to the KF account, only to find that it isn't at all worth it. Then I basically just wasted a bunch of Ultimate Rewards points.

Or, could someone who does have KF miles in their account help me out and do a search for my flights and tell me what kind of ratio it is of miles/cash? (can arrange via PM)

Of course, I could just accept the waitlist at this point, but I'm really hesitant to do that that. I'd prefer to travel on that specific flight.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Hey Strygun,

Mixing cash and miles the KF miles are worth exactly SGD 1 cent per mile or roughyl 0.8 USD cents per mile.

This can be better value than some economy redemptions and you'll pickup miles for the cash portion. Check out this post for details:

Singapore Airlines Pay with KrisFlyer Miles Option – Is it Worth It?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:03 am

Thanks, AddictedTraveller. Looks like doing the cash+miles option isn't financially logical, since my UltimateRewards points would transfer over at a USD1c/mi rate and then drop again when used in KrisFlyer to USD.8c/mi. Losing too much value there.

I guess I'll just be purchasing the ticket outright. I don't have enough flexibility to end up on a waitlist and then never be confirmed...
Old Jun 20, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
interesting thread.
i'd love to know how to clear the waitlist so i could actually get into that a380 first class.
From my experience, easier to clear a wait list clear on Mon-Wed than Thurs-Sun flights. Less popular slots to fly
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Was waiting for a suites redemption to clear later in the year for LA-Sin. After I went down to the SQ office in Ion to enquire on the availability, they sent a chaser and it cleared in less than an hour! Both suites savers and suites standard redemption are on wait list So calling krisflyer to check on availability and having them send a chaser may work too depending on how full the flight is and how likely the award is likely to clear in the first place
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Has anyone cleared the waitlist on a saver first award on a flight operated by a 777-300ER in the new 4 F configuration?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.