Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by wco81
So you are talking a separate flight from HKG to SIN to connect?
The original plans were SFO-HKG, then HKG- TPE, returning TPE-SFO (transiting through HKG). Since HKG-SFO was waitlisted, I ended up booking TPE-SIN on SQ J (3 day stop) then back home on SQ J SIN-SFO.

Hotels/flights are all confirmed for the entire SFO-HKG-TPE-SFO trip but I'm curious to see if the HKG-SFO will ever clear. This is for 3 pax all legs.

Last edited by Troopers; Apr 20, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I've booked redemptions twice for Singapore airlines. Once JFK/Frankfurt and once LAX/NRT. I'm thinking about trying to book a saver flight Jfk/Sin with a layover in FRA on the way back. How has waitlist clearing been since the deval? I'm not even seeing the ability to waitlist any saver awards for suites and I am not sure I want to dump all those miles into krisflyer and then be told I don't have a chance in hell at redeeming them all. I was hoping to do something short notice like end of june and only need one seat. Will more saver seats open up close in or if they don't show the option to waitlist a month or two out you are pretty much dead in the water?
Old May 9, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: BA, SQ KF, UA MP, SPG
Hi,

I have last-minute plans to travel SIN- AMS/FRA/MUC (2 seats) between 10/6 and 12/6. Could anyone advise my chances of waitlisting being cleared if I were to book now? I called KF and the CSO advised that there is no immediate available space even on partner airlines (United shows availability).

I have not transferred my miles over and don't want to be in a scenario where the waitlist doesnt clear and my miles are stuck if KF.

Thanks
Old May 9, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by seahyile
Hi,

I have last-minute plans to travel SIN- AMS/FRA/MUC (2 seats) between 10/6 and 12/6. Could anyone advise my chances of waitlisting being cleared if I were to book now? I called KF and the CSO advised that there is no immediate available space even on partner airlines (United shows availability).

I have not transferred my miles over and don't want to be in a scenario where the waitlist doesnt clear and my miles are stuck if KF.

Thanks
You can never know.

Recent experiences tell me waitlist clears 1-5 days before the flight as Long as its not full. You need to pick less popular flights to increase chances.
Old May 10, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: BA, SQ KF, UA MP, SPG
Originally Posted by SQueeze
You can never know.

Recent experiences tell me waitlist clears 1-5 days before the flight as Long as its not full. You need to pick less popular flights to increase chances.
Thanks for your advice. I'm worried chances are slim taking into account the June school holiday period. I'm also considering to make a redemption through CX AM for the same flights via HKG.

Could you advise if KF CSOs hold bookings for awards made on partner carriers eg TK so that I can transfer the miles over?

​​​​​​​Thanks
Old May 10, 2017, 6:25 am

Booked SIN - HND - SIN for 2 seats in J, departing next week. 1 seat being pure redemption, 1 seat is being upgrade. SIN - HND both cleared last week, HND - SIN had 1 seat available, with 2nd seat clearing last week. So about 2 weeks out. Chaser sent for second seat (with 1st seat confirmed as reason).
Old May 10, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze
You can never know.

Originally Posted by fone
Booked SIN - HND - SIN for 2 seats in J, departing next week. 1 seat being pure redemption, 1 seat is being upgrade. SIN - HND both cleared last week, HND - SIN had 1 seat available, with 2nd seat clearing last week. So about 2 weeks out. Chaser sent for second seat (with 1st seat confirmed as reason).
Thanks - Is there any way to put in chaser if you dont call? Asking this because planning to put in a chaser for a waitlisted SQ flight, but will be on-the-go about 10-14 days out of the desired flight date (as in, traveling across foreign countries with no reliable phone connection)
Old May 10, 2017, 11:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
What is a chaser?
Old May 10, 2017, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
Thanks - Is there any way to put in chaser if you dont call?
No.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by seahyile
Thanks for your advice. I'm worried chances are slim taking into account the June school holiday period. I'm also considering to make a redemption through CX AM for the same flights via HKG.

Could you advise if KF CSOs hold bookings for awards made on partner carriers eg TK so that I can transfer the miles over?

​​​​​​​Thanks
They cannot hold onto partner airline booking.
They can make the booking but the partner may take back the booking any time. There is no clear rule about this. I have seen bookings stick for weeks but also have seen some others drop after 24-72 hours.

I am afraid to say you can't have everything.

You can transfer miles. Book and issue on TK as guarantee while waiting for your waitlist which I think will only release within days of your flight. You know priority is based on seat availability on the flight, passenger priority status, and length of waitlist.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
Thanks - Is there any way to put in chaser if you dont call? Asking this because planning to put in a chaser for a waitlisted SQ flight, but will be on-the-go about 10-14 days out of the desired flight date (as in, traveling across foreign countries with no reliable phone connection)
No, can only send a chaser by calling or going down to their office. I'd say some "chasers" are useful, others are not. I've actually sent in the some chasers a week ago, but they did not clear. The clearance came within the same day of the chaser request. Could also be due to other factors, like time to flight, as well as me mentioning that I do have other party booked on the same flight for that same class of service.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by fone
No, can only send a chaser by calling or going down to their office. I'd say some "chasers" are useful, others are not. I've actually sent in the some chasers a week ago, but they did not clear. The clearance came within the same day of the chaser request. Could also be due to other factors, like time to flight, as well as me mentioning that I do have other party booked on the same flight for that same class of service.
Wait, just so I understand. Do you mean you will know the outcome of chaser within 24 hrs, after putting in the chaser request? So if you dont hear anything positive within the 24 hrs, then it's basically no-go?

I also put in a chaser a few weeks ago but nothing came out of it. I was thinking abt trying again 30 days before the flight, and then maybe 10-14 days before ... Not sure what strategy to employ here, just shooting in the dark

Thanks.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
In my experience its just luck of the draw and there seems to me no rhyme or reason to why some 'chasers' are successful and some others are not. I've gone (with kids in tow) to the SQ office in Ion, got a very friendly and helpful agent who managed to clear waitlist (Suites!) for me.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:12 am

Interesting, I may try that in person approach then since I will be in SEA .
Old May 11, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold
Waitlisted 2 tickets in business for SFO-HKG yesterday for an early June flight. Really need this flight to clear. I see J4 on Expertflyer.

What are my chances, and should I call for a chaser? I'm Star Gold.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.