Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Originally Posted by Bidu
thanks for the suggestion. i called and chase them every single day , hopefully it will clear soon. i will update you again when it clears.
As a data point I did the same (called in everyday to check) and also reached out to SQ's US office via email- receiving what seemed to be a stock reply. I Class for mid-December Travel:

1. SQ11 LAX-NRT-SIN waitlist cleared T-16 after email to US office
2. SQ61 IAH-DME-SIN waitlist cleared T-10 after calling SQ office
3. SQ1 SFO-HKG-SIN waitlist cleared T-7

Persistence does pay off although it looks as though the 1 to 2 week period before departure is what's crucial.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Originally Posted by kohswisscheese
As a data point I did the same (called in everyday to check) and also reached out to SQ's US office via email- receiving what seemed to be a stock reply. I Class for mid-December Travel:

1. SQ11 LAX-NRT-SIN waitlist cleared T-16 after email to US office
2. SQ61 IAH-DME-SIN waitlist cleared T-10 after calling SQ office
3. SQ1 SFO-HKG-SIN waitlist cleared T-7

Persistence does pay off although it looks as though the 1 to 2 week period before departure is what's crucial.
True, my SQ11 LAX-SIN cleared T-23.
The rest cleared T-7 in F

Last edited by Bidu; Dec 18, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Originally Posted by Bidu
When you called sq office, did you call the krisflyer office?
I called the Krisflyer Membership Hotline and keyed in my Krisflyer number and pin. Keying in the Krisflyer number has always gotten me to a Singapore Office rather than the ICC (if it still exists)
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I have BKK-SIN and then onwards on waitlist. The BKK-SIN got confirmed the other day but I could not issue as the long haul was still waitlisted. Today the BKK-SIN got cancelled off the PNR. What can I do as it might take a while to get the long haul confirmed and if I add the BKK-SIN back in it will just auto cancel after a few days.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by kohswisscheese
I called the Krisflyer Membership Hotline and keyed in my Krisflyer number and pin. Keying in the Krisflyer number has always gotten me to a Singapore Office rather than the ICC (if it still exists)
Not true. Yesterday, even after keying in KF number, was re-routed to the ICC after a request to leave a number for call back was rejected by me.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I have BKK-SIN and then onwards on waitlist. The BKK-SIN got confirmed the other day but I could not issue as the long haul was still waitlisted. Today the BKK-SIN got cancelled off the PNR. What can I do as it might take a while to get the long haul confirmed and if I add the BKK-SIN back in it will just auto cancel after a few days.
Sometimes if you call KF customer service, they will give you an extended deadline for the waitlist. I have a situation now where for a 19 Dec flight, where one segment is waitlisted, one is confirmed, they have given me 18 Dec 6 pm as the ticketing deadline.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Sometimes if you call KF customer service, they will give you an extended deadline for the waitlist. I have a situation now where for a 19 Dec flight, where one segment is waitlisted, one is confirmed, they have given me 18 Dec 6 pm as the ticketing deadline.
Cool. Will try that.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:53 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
H-7 at 830am got the text message, all sector cleared in suite and F.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:03 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Hi all,

Would like to ask how do I go about redeeming a ticket in J while waitlisting another in F saver?

Do I need to have enough miles to do both or just enough miles for the F Saver?

E.G.
I redeem a ticket in J then proceed to waitlist F saver

Or do I waitlist in F saver first then proceed to redeem the J ticket?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:05 am

LAX-SIN on SQ11 cleared 14 hours before departureeeee for tomorrow flight!!!
I called a few times to number for US office a few times and made one last call to the Singapore office half an hour ago and they cleared it immediately!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Ok... so can I waitlist multiple flights?

I've got 57.5k and I want to fly FRA-JFK suites, but I'm flexible on date, so can I waitlist, for example, a Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday flight?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Ok... so can I waitlist multiple flights?

I've got 57.5k and I want to fly FRA-JFK suites, but I'm flexible on date, so can I waitlist, for example, a Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday flight?
Yes you can.

My wife has an award flight for LHR-SYD in May and I've waitlisted her for the same flights on two of the days before the confirmed flight she is holding.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
So after you waitlist for one flight, they won't remove your miles, and then you can use it to waitlist for multiple other flights? --and then even book an available flight? Then pay the $30 to cancel the booked flight to get one of the waitlisted flights?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RXSF
So after you waitlist for one flight, they won't remove your miles, and then you can use it to waitlist for multiple other flights? --and then even book an available flight? Then pay the $30 to cancel the booked flight to get one of the waitlisted flights?
Yes exactly, I often have several waitlist flights and only one actual booking. Well worth the fee if it suits timings more.

Just call SQ when the waitlist clears to move your flight from the booked one to the available waitlist - they'll charge the fee then.

I've tried to capture the Waitlist ins and outs here:

Waitlisting with KrisFlyer
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:47 am

my waitlist just cleared the morning!!! I'm so excited! Flying the suites fro LAX-NARITA! 2 weeks out from departure. I'm KF Silver! Had been checking the website everyday just in case as well. good luck to you all! Happy travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.