Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by SQ319
My hubby will return with me on the same date. He is ticketed on SQ15, but he is flying out a week earlier and I am only joining him for the weekend. Will letting KF membership services know this information help with my chances of clearing both waitlist? I am redeeming miles from my own KF account.
I have found that telling the SQ CSR that your hubby already has a paid J class ticket on the same flight helps. They can link the PNRs and put in a comment about how the two of you would like to be on the same flight.
Helps clearing the waitlist faster
Do you have status with SQ?
Have you looked at Lifemiles redemption as an alternative?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
I have found that telling the SQ CSR that your hubby already has a paid J class ticket on the same flight helps. They can link the PNRs and put in a comment about how the two of you would like to be on the same flight.
Helps clearing the waitlist faster
Do you have status with SQ?
Have you looked at Lifemiles redemption as an alternative?
I have not been flying SQ (and *A) for a while now, so I no longer have any status with them. What is Lifemiles?

Incidentally, my waitlist for SQ600 and SQ15 just cleared yesterday night, but I am still on waitlist for my preferred SIN-ICN (SQ608) flight.

Can I ticket SQ600 and SQ15 first and still hold the waitlist for SQ608?

Apologies for the newbie questions...
Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:00 am

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Sorry for bumping up an old thread but I'm looking to redeem SIN-ICN-SIN in end-January to join my hubby who is on a business trip.

Currently both legs are waitlisted. I can select an earlier flight and waitlist on SQ15 for ICN-SIN, but all the SIN-ICN sectors are showing waitlist only.

What's the likelihood of both waitlists clearing? My hubby will return with me on the same date. He is ticketed on SQ15, but he is flying out a week earlier and I am only joining him for the weekend. Will letting KF membership services know this information help with my chances of clearing both waitlist? I am redeeming miles from my own KF account.
I can confirm that it helps to have your travel companion on a confirmed seat for that flight as the KF team will link your bookings together and then send a request to the relevant department who will review this and in my instance the seat cleared for my friend as I was already confirmed (HKG-SIN in Business). It took around 10 days or so to confirm the waiting list and this was around 1.5 months before traveling. As we wanted to be on the A380 to get the flat seats we decided to waitlist for my friend as we only found out after I booked that there was only 1 seat in Biz Savers which I already took. However as the flight was quite empty I guess this has helped.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..What is Lifemiles?...
Avianca's FFP.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 6:14 pm

Does anyone know what the logic of waitlisting is when there's availability on the segment itself?

Currently I have SQ861/SQ221 HKG-SIN-SYD booked in Suites giving me a rushed 1h connection in SIN. I saw SQ865 as being available the day before I leave, giving me a 22h connection in SIN (enough for a family lunch and TPR usage), but I was placed on the waitlist despite the fact the segment is available by itself.

What's the likelihood of that waitlisted segment clearing? It seems very odd, but the representative explained it to me as having to go to revenue management as I want to keep my SIN-SYD flight as is, and that the availability I see on the site is only for fresh bookings.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Closer to date it should clear, if that flight stays open - this is because of married segment - so basically since HKG-SIN-SYD vs SIN-SYD is the same miles, they aren't opening that seat for you... If it doesn't fill up they will open it
Old Apr 1, 2014, 7:11 am

Is it the same case for SQ25? I am waitlisted on economy saver for JFK-SIN but I see availability for JFK-FRA and FRA-SIN separately.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by avm2806
Closer to date it should clear, if that flight stays open - this is because of married segment - so basically since HKG-SIN-SYD vs SIN-SYD is the same miles, they aren't opening that seat for you... If it doesn't fill up they will open it
Yeah, that's the response I've gotten from a few SQ reps. Basically, quotas are allocated by origin/destination. Therefore, the flight I chose is only available for HKG-SIN redemptions but not a HKG-SIN-SYD itinerary. The rep still sent a ticket to inventory management/seat controllers to see if they could expedite clearance despite not having status, which was a nice gesture.

My flight is just under 2 weeks from now. According to the seat map, there are now 5 passengers (only 2 up until this past Saturday when seats were made available), but still availability on the particular segment I'm waitlisted for. Hopefully it clears, but if not, it means I'll just have to deal with a tight connection in SIN and no use of TPR.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:11 pm

Unfortunately it seems availability on my waitlisted flight went from R7 to R4 overnight. Not optimistic for it to clear.

I'm considering giving up R on the HKG-SIN segment and just taking the morning flight on the 77W which is currently empty in F. SQ861 has been so consistently late that I think there's a high chance I will misconnect with SQ221.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:09 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by tng11
..I'm considering giving up R on the HKG-SIN segment and just taking the morning flight on the 77W which is currently empty in F. SQ861 has been so consistently late that I think there's a high chance I will misconnect with SQ221.
But then you won't get a free hotel ...
Old Apr 6, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by guear
Is it the same case for SQ25? I am waitlisted on economy saver for JFK-SIN but I see availability for JFK-FRA and FRA-SIN separately.
Yes, SQ 25 has that problem of married segment not being available even when individual sectors are available for saver redemption. Sometimes the system tries to force you into SQ 325 connection from FRA to SIN
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:29 am

T-4 and my waitlist still hasn't cleared.

There's availability on HKG-SIN by itself (3 Savers available, in fact.) But if I call and ask, they just say "please wait."

Should I just give up hope of the WL clearing?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 11:26 pm

T-2 I called again and pushed them on clearing my waitlist for SQ865.

5 mins later, I got an email confirming the waitlist. According to the seat map, I am the 11th person to pick a seat. First time I've seen such a full Suites cabin.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:22 am

grats! Mine is still a month away...
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
As a data point, I recently booked SQ15 ICN-SIN in F for January 2015. At booking, saver was WL, while standard and up were available. I cleared about a week later. Seatmap showed 3/8, now 4/8 (of course never reliable).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.