Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:41 am

Been wait list for return flight for sin to New York (trip coming up shortly). The sin to New York is cleared but New York to sin is still on wait list. Called a few times over a few duration of months and still wait list. Sigh. Tried the dummy booking and there were still seats available on return flight but no change in wait list status...
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:22 am

There is absolutely no correlation between available seats and your waitlist status, unless you hold high status. Even then, YMMV. There is no consistent logic applied.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:26 pm

2 pax waitlisted for a F but confirmed for I on a late March 2016 trip from LAX-NRT. Hoping this clears as well. I will try to give them a call and see if anything happens
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Thanks - I just checked and all seats are wide open... Thanks for the tip though.
How did you check?

I tried to do a dummy booking and never got to the point where I was able to select seats. I know there are at least 4 seats in F as my dummy booking was for 4 seats (it won't let me choose more than 4). I know that the flight (SQ2) is on the 737-300er with an 8 seat first class.....
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Checked on Expertflyer, and I'm guessing you mean a 777-300, Or that could get interesting...
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Checked on Expertflyer, and I'm guessing you mean a 777-300, Or that could get interesting...

Sorry. I don't follow. The SQ website says the flight is on a 777-300er. I have confirmation from Singapore Airlines that the F cabin has 8 seats. What exactly makes that interesting?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 6:44 pm

Your typo. "737".
Old Sep 7, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
Your typo. "737".
Oh. That......
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
My party of 4 currently has 2 award seats booked in F and 2 in J for IAH-DME tomorrow. The 2 in J are waitlisted for F. I see 4 (4+?) F seats unsold on ExpertFlyer, and on the seat map only our two award seats are occupied (two more are blocked, whatever that means), while 4 are available. There are only 1 or 2 seats in J available (fare buckets C and Z both have 1 available), so I figured that might help. I've called 4 times in the past week, including last night and tonight, and they've said they'd send an inquiry to "the airport" each time. Still no clearance of the waitlist. Any advice? What are chances at this point (T-21 hours)?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:12 am

Noob redemption user

Apologies for this seemingly clueless post. I've accumulated more than 450K KF miles and had made business class bookings for SIN-LAX in December this year for a family holiday before my son enlists for his national service but have been waitlisted for months. Now reading this forum on this realised than I should have called, etc. Wondering if its too late. Also, had booked the 2 tickets for my son & I together. Now trying to book 1 more for daughter whose leave just got approved but showing Not Available for the same flights or the 2 or 3 days before or after. Any advice?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Originally Posted by homeangelz
Apologies for this seemingly clueless post. I've accumulated more than 450K KF miles and had made business class bookings for SIN-LAX in December this year for a family holiday before my son enlists for his national service but have been waitlisted for months. Now reading this forum on this realised than I should have called, etc. Wondering if its too late. Also, had booked the 2 tickets for my son & I together. Now trying to book 1 more for daughter whose leave just got approved but showing Not Available for the same flights or the 2 or 3 days before or after. Any advice?
If it says not available it means they closed the waiting list for whatever reason (waiting list >= 5 pax?). In this case, getting to the waiting list is harder compare to get waiting list cleared. Just check randomly every couple of days.
J waitinglist most likely will get cleared 1-2 weeks before Departure. No need to call until 2 weeks before.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dukerau
My party of 4 currently has 2 award seats booked in F and 2 in J for IAH-DME tomorrow. The 2 in J are waitlisted for F. I see 4 (4+?) F seats unsold on ExpertFlyer, and on the seat map only our two award seats are occupied (two more are blocked, whatever that means), while 4 are available. There are only 1 or 2 seats in J available (fare buckets C and Z both have 1 available), so I figured that might help. I've called 4 times in the past week, including last night and tonight, and they've said they'd send an inquiry to "the airport" each time. Still no clearance of the waitlist. Any advice? What are chances at this point (T-21 hours)?
Never cleared the waitlist. Two of us were in F, all alone with 6 empty seats. In the end, we all enjoyed our flight, as of course SQ J is still very nice. It sure seems like waitlisting is pointless without status to me since they were willing to fly 6 empty seats rather than clearing 2 people off the waitlist. I did specifically ask at the gate and was told something about how they "tried to get approval to clear our travel companions off the waitlist but didn't get a response."
Old Sep 13, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Quite ridiculous I agree and frustrating if no one else was booked in F. Alas such is the perogative of revenue management. It was a long weekend in SIN and who knows whether the actual people who could have made the decision were even around. The computer obviously said "No".
Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS Club, BA Silver, Marriott Gold
Wait list experience...booking 2 SQ Suites 11 months out

Hi all,

Just posted on my blog - my experience wait listing and clearing 11 months out..check it out

https://firstclassadventures.wordpre...ick-resolution
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
I'm scared.

I want to do JFK-FRA (Stop-Over) FRA-SIN in F with my Fiancee in August or September of 2016 but I'm scared to go ahead and transfer the miles. There is saver available on FRA-SIN but not JFK-FRA. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and book J and then F and hope the later clear to F.

What would the experts in the forum do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.