Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines Suites: Mileage Required for Redemption

Singapore Airlines Suites: Mileage Required for Redemption

Old Sep 10, 2010, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Post Singapore Airlines Suites: Mileage Required for Redemption

London -> Singapore

Round trip: 2,000,000 miles
One way: 1,000,000 miles

Round trip upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 1,200,000 miles
One way upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 600,000 miles

------------------------

Singapore -> Sydney

Round trip: 1,100,000 miles
One way: 550,000 miles

Round trip upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 650,000 miles
One way upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 325,000 miles.

------------------------

If the passenger requires a London to Sydney redemption in Singapore Airlines Suites, the passenger will have to be booked on two separate tickets (e.g.: a one way trip would cost 1,550,000 miles).

Bookings can only be made via KrisFlyer Membership Services. Passengers are not eligible for the 15% online booking mileage discount.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 5:05 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
As posted on SqT, they have to be kidding, right??
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
That's bad, truly bad...

I'll take a one-way redemption in First Class between SIN and FRA for 70,000 miles pls. Bargain of the century if you ask me.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
So let me get this straight.

For 2mm Amex MR, I can get a $20,000 credit towards a SYD-LHR roundtrip in R, have a few k left over for the hotel in London, earn PPS status, and lots of miles...or I can get an award ticket?

Moronic.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:27 pm

Wow!

Over 3 million miles for SYD-LHR rtn!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:32 pm

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
While is is positive that they have opened the Suites for redemption availability, these types of redemption levels actually make it is disincentive to bank miles with Krisflyer.....my wife and I are never going to redeem 6,200,000 Krisflyer points for a trip from LHR-MEL, our home town.

Points redemption are great for frequent flyers, as they allow you to access an airlines top products for leisure trips where you are not willing or able to paid thousands for a leisure fare.

Unfortunately these types of redemption levels do not inspire you to fly with Star and save points for a Suites redemption - I'd rather fly with Oneworld and bank miles to use on CX F which is a wonderful product for a fraction of these redemption levels.

Does anyone know if these Suites redemptions are "anytime" awards subject to availablity or will be subject to capacity controls for award availability (my apologies for not using the correct KF terminology, but I get mixed up with all the Frequent flyer programs I am in. I hpe I have made clear what I am asking)!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I don't mind collecting KrisFlyer miles, but that's only because I have a credit card that delivers most of my points. They will have to rework things though once the 744's are gone, as without saver awards even I will jump ship to a different FFP...

As for redeeming for a Suite, it's out of the question. As mentioned, 70,000 miles for a one-way ticket between SIN-FRA in F is one of the finer deals out there, whereas what they're asking for a Suite is basically a major turn-off...
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
London -> Singapore

Round trip: 2,000,000 miles
One way: 1,000,000 miles

Round trip upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 1,200,000 miles
One way upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 600,000 miles

------------------------

Singapore -> Sydney

Round trip: 1,100,000 miles
One way: 550,000 miles

Round trip upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 650,000 miles
One way upgrade from paid J (A380 only) -> R: 325,000 miles.

------------------------
What a joke! Can I get 3 award tickets on LHR-SYD-LHR on the same flight?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:07 pm

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by aster

As for redeeming for a Suite, it's out of the question. As mentioned, 70,000 miles for a one-way ticket between SIN-FRA in F is one of the finer deals out there, whereas what they're asking for a Suite is basically a major turn-off...

Very well put.

Krisflyer is already a program with low earn levels from flying and high burn levels for redemption.

I agree the saver deals are very good. But these are becoming more and more scarce.

Yes, these redemption levels for a Suite are a turn-off.

Do other people feel that way?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:15 pm

If saver awards go then so will I. The problem is, I currently live in Singapore and with everything from housing to daily expenses being charged to my card, I'm sort of stuck with KF, though I think some of the banks here could give me miles in CX's FFP.

The only problem is that looking at One World's FFPs I get the feeling I would probably never get status with them. I just barely fly out the 50k miles required to maintain *G...
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
When my SQ Amex gold expires I think I would cancel rather than renew. No point paying annual fees just for a few thousand point which I might never use since I credit all *a flights to my OZ acct.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 5:43 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
sorry to say but this is more a joke than serious...but may be they can use it for marketing ' You can upgrade to Suites now' . I spoke to an inflight supervisor the other day and he commented that the suites are not full at all. most of the time 2 max 3 passengers on SYD-SIN and SIN-LHR. I think SQ has to do something ..happy miles burning
Old Sep 11, 2010, 6:02 am

Are these the most expensive awards in the airline industry? I think they are, by a wide margin. I mean, other airlines run "million mile giveaways" as promotions and prizes because it's such a valuable prize. SQ, they'll just take a million miles for one award, thank you very much. The nerve, the arrogance!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by aster
..I'm sort of stuck with KF, though I think some of the banks here could give me miles in CX's FFP...
That is indeed quite true.

To make it worse: CX doesn't have an FFP ... at least not a tangible one, you still are much better off with SQ.

My hope is still that the abysmal 747 will disappear and that we will finally be able to upgrade on the 77W and the A380 for the normal tariffs.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 7:52 am

This really makes me appreciate Aeroplan for having redeemed 24 F flights on SQ until they stopped allowing premium redemptions through *A.

For 100,000 SPG points (which I had millions of) I would get 120,000 Aeroplan miles, and this was good for a R/T F ticket from N.A. to Asia - over both oceans with two stopovers in addition to the final destination. And with up to 10 flight segments - basically a RTW in F.

Now that SQ F is not an option, I fly LAX-ZRH-BKK-ZRH-LAX on LX in F.

FWIW, I think LX is every bit as good as SQ in F.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.