F Book The Cook: Kyo Kaiseki

Old Apr 20, 2010, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
F Book The Cook: Kyo Kaiseki

If one booked the Kyo Kaiseki from Book the Cook in F, does it come with japanese dessert on a non-Japan route from SIN?

Would it be ok if I have a normal F starter, then Kyo Kaiseki starter (first tray), then Kyo Kaiseki second tray, then Kyo Kaiseki Japanese dessert (if any), then normal F dessert?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
If you're in F, you can do whatever you want.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If you're in F, you can do whatever you want.
Absolutely right.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:36 pm

I had the western dessert with my KK. I actually didn't like the KK much - I don't think it is anything to do with the meal, but it seemed to be extremely authentic Japanese. I only ate about half of it.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:33 pm

It should come with the Japanese sweet.

You should ask for whatever you want, and there should be no problem.
That said, I did LAX-NRT-SIN and back a few months ago and got the "I'll have to see if it is possible" and "I'll see if I can do that" excuses when I asked for caviar and the western dessert, having ordered the Japanese meals on all sectors.
In the end, I got whatever I asked for. But a few of the FAs did not seem, well, pleased with the request.
They have to throw away any food that's "left over", just remember that and don't feel too bad about telling them what you want.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:51 pm

I too have ordered the Japanese meal in F on LAX-NRT-SIN and back.

I've always asked for caviar and the western dessert with no problem.

They usually even go to the trouble of setting the table with everything for the western meal and then remove it before presenting the tray with the Japanese meal.

The only times I've ever had an issue with them having to wait and see what is available is if I order the caviar and then ask for the other starter as my main course.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
In the end, I got whatever I asked for. But a few of the FAs did not seem, well, pleased with the request.
From my experience, this is more the exception than the rule. SQ wanted to bend over backwards to make me happy.

On 3 segments this month, 1 in C, 2 in F, I asked for my BTC selection to be served as breakfast. The only caveat - if there was enough of my main selection for others first during the main meal.

They never got back to me, ever - they just served my main as usual, and BTC for breakfast. That is how service should always be. A passenger asks for it once, and it is never mentioned again. Classy and always with a smile.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:11 am

It seems there is only BTC Kyo Kaiseki ex-SIN, i.e. not even ex-NRT.

From other stations, if we choose the Special Meal Japanese Meal option, would it be the same as the famed Kyo Kaiseki?

I also saw a few menus on a few routes (e.g. SQ11/12, SQ 637/8) that also has Kyo Kaiseki as part of the main menu.

Are all these Kyo Kaisekis the same?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:16 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by bluepanda
It seems there is only BTC Kyo Kaiseki ex-SIN, i.e. not even ex-NRT.

From other stations, if we choose the Special Meal Japanese Meal option, would it be the same as the famed Kyo Kaiseki?

I also saw a few menus on a few routes (e.g. SQ11/12, SQ 637/8) that also has Kyo Kaiseki as part of the main menu.

Are all these Kyo Kaisekis the same?
The meal is similar but tailored for the time of day, so differs for SIN-NRT and NRT-SIN.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, CX MPO DM
Originally Posted by rownada
If one booked the Kyo Kaiseki from Book the Cook in F, does it come with japanese dessert on a non-Japan route from SIN?

Would it be ok if I have a normal F starter, then Kyo Kaiseki starter (first tray), then Kyo Kaiseki second tray, then Kyo Kaiseki Japanese dessert (if any), then normal F dessert?
Rownada, I have done it slightly differently. Booked BTC Kyo Kaiseki and asked if I could have the normal mains on top of the KK. They seem to have "enough".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.