Search

Rights with Schedule Change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3G
Rights with Schedule Change

Hello,

i have the following question: I am having an itinerary with SQ next summer and got schedule changes (adjustment of departure times, only minor impact) on both legs. I wanted to know, what my rights are in regards of rebooking, cancelling legs or changing departure airports. An airline i am often using has the policy of allowing a new departure airport within 200NM if there has been a schedule change. Does SQ have something similar? The new times are not a problem but i anyway still need to book a flight to get to my initial departure airport. Therefore i was wondering about the options available.

Thank you for your answers,

kind regards
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:23 am

You can cancel for refund. Or change date. But don’t think you can change the departure airport. SQ don’t have such 200 or 300 miles rules.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:21 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
FWIW, a small sched change on SQ21 (EWR-SIN) enabled a change fee waiver for a +-7 day, and, JFK/EWR flexibility. Told ‘subject to availability in your fareclass’, but had no issues in picking the needed flight (despite expertflyer not showing availaibility in the original fareclass).
Old Feb 10, 2024, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3G
thanks for the replies. I guess i try and ask if i can change, even if the distance is considerable (BIO instead if FRA).

Additionally regarding the cancelation: Is it also possible to just cancel the leg, which got moved? The whole leg is SIN-ZRH-MUC and the MUC leg got a change. So could i cancel the MUC leg or only reschedule it?

Thanks for the help!

Regards
Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:53 am

Does anyone know what rights apply to a small change to the scheduled time of landing?

I just received an automated 'Changes to your flight' email from SQ with an accept button owing to a change to the scheduled landing time (landing 25 minutes earlier) and wondering whether this would allow me to obtain a refund of my miles as the flights are an award booking (booked during the 30% off global sale in October last year) and so are usually strictly non refundable and non changeable.

I don't see the option to request a refund or change the dates in the app so grateful for any thoughts before I call SQ and make my request.

The email states:
Dear Sir/Madam,We regret to inform you that there have been changes to your flight SQxxx, departing on xx xx 2024. If you would like to opt for other flights, you may contact Singapore Airlines.To accept our proposed changes, please click on the 'Accept' button below. The acceptance will apply to all the passengers in your booking.

There is an accept button within the email.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Originally Posted by AncientSquash
Does anyone know what rights apply to a small change to the scheduled time of landing?

I just received an automated 'Changes to your flight' email from SQ with an accept button owing to a change to the scheduled landing time (landing 25 minutes earlier) and wondering whether this would allow me to obtain a refund of my miles as the flights are an award booking (booked during the 30% off global sale in October last year) and so are usually strictly non refundable and non changeable.

I don't see the option to request a refund or change the dates in the app so grateful for any thoughts before I call SQ and make my request.

The email states:
Dear Sir/Madam,We regret to inform you that there have been changes to your flight SQxxx, departing on xx xx 2024. If you would like to opt for other flights, you may contact Singapore Airlines.To accept our proposed changes, please click on the 'Accept' button below. The acceptance will apply to all the passengers in your booking.

There is an accept button within the email.
Have you logged into the SQ website and used the manage bookings function? You might find the options there below the accept button. Otherwise you would likely have to call. I received the same email a month ago and went to the website a couple of days ago to make the changes after doing some research into the options provided.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:59 am

Thanks cyborg - I didn't see the options on the manage my booking section of the SQ website so decided to try my luck with an agent.

I just finished speaking to an agent using the SQ chat function and they confirmed that I would be eligible for a one time change (+/- 7 days from original scheduled departure date) or a full refund of the miles to my account and fees and taxes to the original mode of payment. The agent initially tried steering me to accept the changes as the only change would be an earlier arrival time but after I asked what my other options were (given this was a formal schedule change that I received an email notification about that directed me to call customer service if I wanted to discuss alternate options) he confirmed I was entitled to exercise a one off date change or cancellation and refund (which again would otherwise not be allowed for this type of award booking).
demue and cyborg like this.

Last edited by AncientSquash; Apr 1, 2024 at 8:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.