Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Please bring back the SQ call centre in Singapore!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please bring back the SQ call centre in Singapore!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 8:47 pm

SGD75.00 is too much and if it is a Public holday or sunday. Definately not able to get hold of travel agents. since they are working why can't they do it to help passenger instead of asking us to go back to travel agents if we do not want to pay. this is not the way to do things
Old Dec 9, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
This week was the first time I called and got Indian calling center. It is pretty shocking. Other airlines have outsourced their center too, but SQ call center was by far the worst I have experienced. I called to BTC. First they have problem understanding my confirmation #(!). Then the person doesn't quite know what BTC is. And doesn't know SQ25 flies thru FRA (hence 2 meals). And took forever to put the order in.

Indians or not, the quality is just not acceptable, esp for business tickets. Give them some training....
Old Dec 9, 2009, 4:21 pm

The points about the quality of the call center are all valid.

However, it seems to be a new SQ policy to charge a "service fee" for changing reservations even when the change is supposed to be free and no reissue is involved. Have heard this multiple times recently from folks who tried to change their reservations.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Send the call center to USA ^
Old Dec 9, 2009, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by montush
The points about the quality of the call center are all valid.

However, it seems to be a new SQ policy to charge a "service fee" for changing reservations even when the change is supposed to be free and no reissue is involved. Have heard this multiple times recently from folks who tried to change their reservations.
Re-read my post above. SQ ticket office said that the call centre should not be charging to change anything if the ticket allows changes.

For people who have experienced problems ... please fill in a comment on the SQ website. SQ apparently is monitoring the situation.

I've written 2 complaints so far.. and SQ should take note that people sometimes do need to call when problems arise. And that the call centre should be better trained in dealing with the premium passengers... or risk losing the sale.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Over the past few months my call centre experience has hit the bottom of the barrel. It feels like I'm calling a 3rd tier airline..

Previously I called, phone was answered right away and usually my query or booking was resolved within 5 mins max. The CSOs understanding of the English language was 100% perfect, and they knew what I needed without me going into too much detail (they foresaw what the pax needed), resulting in quick, professional, and efficient service. Perfect and typical 1st tier SIA service.

Now.. wow. It feels like they have hired a bunch of monkeys to be frank. My experience yesterday is a prime example of what I've been experiencing the last few times. Armed with ITA booking information I called and wanted to book a long 30 hour layover in SIN (mentioned multi sector), as the website didn't show sales for anything over 20 hours on this particular route. The CSO kept saying there was only "Y" class booking available, when I could clearly see "M" class fares available. Their explanation this was due to married segments, and one of the segments was "Y" therefore the whole segment was "Y". Knowing the issue was the layover I asked for a "direct" booking, and you wouldn't have guess it, "M" class was suddenly available on what the CSO before said was "Y" only. So then I proceeded to ask for a "direct" booking with a long 30 hour layover, and what! Suddenly "Y" is only available class. The CSO is reading the screen and not thinking at all, and it has not dawned that 30 secs before they were looking at "M" fares. Even when I quized this they mumbled something about it not being available anymore . Even when I asked they tried for a "direct" booking what was coming up on their screen, nothing was good for the CSO. This went on for 30mins. I decided to quit and call again.

Only 1+ hour later on the 3rd CSO, I decided to ask for a "direct" booking and played stupid on the exact timings until the very end when the CSO confirmed directs (short layover) were available for "M", then I quizzed "what about extending the layover in SIN for 30 hours". "Yes sir here are your "m" class tixs".

2 months ago I called for a multi sector booking. The CSO could not comprehend which city was my departure city, and kept confusing my departure for the arrival city. I then got soo annoyed after 1 hour I said "please listen carefully, the sectors are..." and then "sir do you have a notepad please write this down so you are not confused.. sector 1 XXX-XXX, sector 2 XXX-XXX".. the reply was "sorry we don't have note pads here"! I gave up.

What is going on? Wishing I had my own TA booking software..
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by davidj1
Over the past few months my call centre experience has hit the bottom of the barrel. It feels like I'm calling a 3rd tier airline..

Previously I called, phone was answered right away and usually my query or booking was resolved within 5 mins max. The CSOs understanding of the English language was 100% perfect, and they knew what I needed without me going into too much detail (they foresaw what the pax needed), resulting in quick, professional, and efficient service. Perfect and typical 1st tier SIA service.

Now.. wow. It feels like they have hired a bunch of monkeys to be frank. My experience yesterday is a prime example of what I've been experiencing the last few times. Armed with ITA booking information I called and wanted to book a long 30 hour layover in SIN (mentioned multi sector), as the website didn't show sales for anything over 20 hours on this particular route. The CSO kept saying there was only "Y" class booking available, when I could clearly see "M" class fares available. Their explanation this was due to married segments, and one of the segments was "Y" therefore the whole segment was "Y". Knowing the issue was the layover I asked for a "direct" booking, and you wouldn't have guess it, "M" class was suddenly available on what the CSO before said was "Y" only. So then I proceeded to ask for a "direct" booking with a long 30 hour layover, and what! Suddenly "Y" is only available class. The CSO is reading the screen and not thinking at all, and it has not dawned that 30 secs before they were looking at "M" fares. Even when I quized this they mumbled something about it not being available anymore . Even when I asked they tried for a "direct" booking what was coming up on their screen, nothing was good for the CSO. This went on for 30mins. I decided to quit and call again.

Only 1+ hour later on the 3rd CSO, I decided to ask for a "direct" booking and played stupid on the exact timings until the very end when the CSO confirmed directs (short layover) were available for "M", then I quizzed "what about extending the layover in SIN for 30 hours". "Yes sir here are your "m" class tixs".

2 months ago I called for a multi sector booking. The CSO could not comprehend which city was my departure city, and kept confusing my departure for the arrival city. I then got soo annoyed after 1 hour I said "please listen carefully, the sectors are..." and then "sir do you have a notepad please write this down so you are not confused.. sector 1 XXX-XXX, sector 2 XXX-XXX".. the reply was "sorry we don't have note pads here"! I gave up.

What is going on? Wishing I had my own TA booking software..
Get used to it, it's not the fault of the monkeys its the fault of the "monkey" airline! You should be going through a TA to get this done and to save you the horror as you describe it.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jun 25, 2017 at 9:19 am
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by davidj1
It feels like I'm calling a 3rd tier airline..
That's because anywhere other than in the air, you are. Inveterate incompetence and inexplicable logic are key components of SQ's ground operations.

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
You should be going through a TA to get this done
Any full service carrier will be able to manage this just fine, and indeed every other airline I deal with, with the exception of Etihad (frighteningly similar shortcomings at these two airlines - are they sharing consultants?), manages to. That people think the default should be to use a third party speaks volumes about the perception of the ability of the airline's ground staff, or lack thereof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.