Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Krisflyer New Award Redemption Charts for *A and Partners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ws/news_14.jsp

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...trip_Dec09.pdf
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:26 am

Oh NOOOOO! They did it!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aurigakb
Oh NOOOOO! They did it!
Did what? Increase in mileage? Which part you are looking at?

One-way redemption for *A would be a good thing. It is only half the required mileage in the chart. It gives a lot more flexibility.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by edison
Did what? Increase in mileage? Which part you are looking at?

One-way redemption for *A would be a good thing. It is only half the required mileage in the chart. It gives a lot more flexibility.
Yes, but no o/w bookings on CO. I wonder why? Think that its just an omission?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Yes, but no o/w bookings on CO. I wonder why? Think that its just an omission?
I believe CO is not allowing one way awards. CO allows its own members to book One way, but they charge you roundtrip mileage anyways.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:47 pm

So the one-way awards on AI as well as SQ/MI itself were, in fact, a foretaste of changes to come.......

It's a good move -- OneWorld carriers such as AA have been ahead of this curve.

And still are in some respects: a one way award in F, from Europe to, say, India is 40,000 AAdvantage Miles against 70,000 KF miles. On Jet Airways or BA, too, as against LH or AI.

Still: no complaints from me. I like it.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by rolov
I believe CO is not allowing one way awards. CO allows its own members to book One way, but they charge you roundtrip mileage anyways.
So no O/W's when booking through BD either?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: VS Gold
The small print says no *A awards allowed in J or F on any of the good long haul routes, basically. (77W, 345, 380 routes)
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by maxmin
The small print says no *A awards allowed in J or F on any of the good long haul routes, basically. (77W, 345, 380 routes)
We were all hoping that SQ would finally come down to planet earth and change that policy but so far, no luck. Seems like KrisFlyer is headed down the same path that Flying Blue took earlier this year!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:39 pm

Well, this change doesn't even deal with the way SQ allows redemptions from other *A programs on its metal: it only changes a KF member's ability to use KF miles for one-way awards on the other guys' metal. So the restrictions against other program's access to new SQ J and new SQ F aren't in play here.

What this means is you'll now be able to redeem KF miles one-way on, say, LH or LX, to bridge a Europe-to-Middle East gap in one of those SQ-only RTW tickets.

IIRC, BD already allows one-way awards from within its own program...just like SQ does. No?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

For whatever reason, the *A chart have most of the North and South Pacific Islands missing (ie. Norfolk Island, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Fiji, Niue, Tonga, Samoa, Cook Islands, French Polynesia, Northern Miranas, Palau, Micronesia, Marshall Islands). The only one available is Guam and Hawaii. Please don't tell me that these are no longer redeemable.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
When will they lower the Redemption Points for KF members flying SQ Metal?? I can only wait...or Move...
Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
For whatever reason, the *A chart have most of the North and South Pacific Islands missing (ie. Norfolk Island, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Fiji, Niue, Tonga, Samoa, Cook Islands, French Polynesia, Northern Miranas, Palau, Micronesia, Marshall Islands). The only one available is Guam and Hawaii. Please don't tell me that these are no longer redeemable.
Perhaps they are free?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 6:13 pm

I'll betcha it's an omission. They rolled the old SW Pacific 1 and SW Pacific 2 together, included New Zealand, and then forgot to put in the other locations that used to show next to NZ in SW Pacific 2.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Let's wait and see if they allow saver awards in J on the 77W or A380.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.