Send Two FlyerTalk Members to Antarctica: Namely, Me!...and, Possibly YOU?!?

Subscribe
Hello, fellow FlyerTalk members —

Please assist me in realizing a dream of mine: to visit Antarctica, the only continent which I have not yet visited. I now have a chance to do just that, and it would take little effort on your part:

Click here to visit my weblog entry and simply vote for it. Registration is required before voting for my weblog.

The winner of this competition not only gets to travel to Antarctica with a companion, but also gets to write a weblog chronicling the experience. I also promise to take hundreds of photographs and perhaps even some video footage.

Campaigning for entries is allowed, as stated here:
Quote:
Remember that resourcefulness is a key trait of a polar adventurer, so once you’ve posted, be sure to campaign your friends – and your traveling companion’s friends – to vote for you.
I do not have an official traveling companion as of yet, so if you are interested in joining me, please post in this thread.

Here are the rules to the weblog competition. The end date for Competition entries is noon on September 30, 2009, Eastern Daylight Time. Travel dates are from February 20 to March 3, 2010. Whomever wants to be my travel companion must be available during that time period and, if my entry is the winner and I interpreted the rules correctly, must start the journey with me in Atlanta as that is the airport nearest to where I am based.

As of now, the leading entry has 720 votes. With the power of FlyerTalk, my entry could easily surpass that and then some...

Suggestions on how to improve my weblog entry are always welcome.

Thank you in advance!
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I already entered in this contest but I gave up and am just going to book a trip myself.

I'll change my vote to you!
You just got my vote Canarsie!
Voted... and I'll go! Was actually looking at trips to Antarctica or the North Pole last week.

Good luck.
Voted. Would love to join you.
Voted for you.
My vote has been cast. Good Luck!!

I'm actually hoping to be on the Prince Albert to Antarctica and South Georgia Island during that same time. I've done the Peninsula twice already, so I'll gladly support another Flyertalker being your traveling companion!
good luck! just voted for you as well. Antartica is on my list of future travels and would bite on any given opportunity. go FT!
Voted for you as well. Good luck and best wishes! I hope to get down there one of these days as well.
Vote cast. With mine, you're up to 18. With the power of FT, you can do much better than that.

Quote: I do not have an official traveling companion as of yet, so if you are interested in joining me, please post in this thread.
Visiting all the continents is on my bucket list. And being self-employed, I have the flexibility of taking time off when I want.

Quote: I also promise to take hundreds of photographs and perhaps even some video footage.
Oy...

Good luck!!!
You have my vote too! Good luck.
Excellent...

...I went from zero to 19 in a mere few hours! Thank you to those who voted for my weblog thus far. I appreciate it!
Quote: With the power of FT, you can do much better than that.
I would think so, and I am counting on it, but right now I have a loooooong way to go, as the weblog by the current front-runner from Portugal still has 722 votes, and there is still plenty of time until September 30 to vote...
Voted! ^

(P.S. - Since I'm probably one of the closest people to Antarctica out of those that have posted in this thread, I think it's only fair that I join you.... )
Delighted to add my vote, which brings the tally to 21....and with all the luck that comes with that number, I wish you well, Canarsie ^

I've planned to be somewhere warmer during that time
I am going to vote now...and PICK ME!!! I would love to go!