Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Guide: BOS (Boston Logan) – Connections, MCT, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
BOS / Boston Logan International Airport

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Ticket counters
Terminal B - Gates B4 - B22 (Legacy US Airways aircraft / flights)
This location does not accept cash
Daily: 3:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Curbside check-in available

Admirals Club:
By Gate B4 link to thread

Animal relief area: From Terminal B, lower level, exit through the terminal door B114 and turn right. The animal relief area is near the last curbside flower bed, walking toward Terminal C, just beyond the Silver Line bus stop.

Link to AA page on BOS

NOTE: “...the newly renovated Admirals Club, which re-opens in early 2019 (mid to late January) after an ongoing colocation project is completed. This will move all American flights to the same terminal with one ticket counter and one baggage claim, and with all gates in the same area, for a seamless customer experience in Terminal B.”

See post #149 for further information about the BOS Admirals Club
For general information, see:Interactive Logan Airport Map

All gates at Terminals B, C, and E at Logan are all connected airside, though it can be quite a long walk from the low gates in B to the end of E. When connecting to/from an international flight out of Terminal E, consider walking through the parking garage and re-clearing security.

Connections to AA Partners

Terminal B
  • Alaska Airlines uses the high gates in Terminal B, about a 10 minute walk airside from the AA gates.

Terminal C
  • Aer Lingus
  • Cape Air
  • JetBlue

Terminal E
  • British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Etihad
  • Iberia
  • Japan Airlines
  • Level
  • Qatar Airways
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2009, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum

I'm looking at booking DCA-BOS-LHR to take the daytime flight from Boston to London. The 7AM departure out of DCA would get me into BOS only 40 minutes before the LHR departure. Is that enough time to connect? Having never connected in BOS before, I'm not sure if I would need to change terminals or not.

Also, on the return, which airport offers the fastest/easiest international to domestic connections: JFK, RDU or ORD?

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 4, 2015 at 7:53 am Reason: Restore post after adding wiki
Old May 31, 2009, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The rules in the Wiki say yes, but that's not enough time at BOS for me.

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...ting_Times_(AA)
Old May 31, 2009, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
In BOS, a 40 minute connection is no problem whatsoever. If the DCA flight arrives late, then you'll have problems.

As for the return: JFK. ORD requires a terminal change and RDU can be a nightmare to get through.
Old May 31, 2009, 7:16 am

Programs: AA PLT
40 mins will be ok if ontime. If you miss your LHR flight, it's a long wait till the overnite flight. Did you look at the DCA-JFK-LHR flight? You have 1:20 connection time at JFK for that one which is alot more comfortable. Or, come to BOS the night before and have some lobster
Old May 31, 2009, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
You should have enough time assuming on time arrival of DCA-BOS. You stay in the same terminal. Remember, though, that the Eagle gates at BOS are the farthest in one direction, and the LHR departure gate is at the farthest end of the AA terminal in the other direction. Don't dawdle!!!

The other potential problem I see is that I find AA boarding flights earlier than previously, and not just at BOS. Several of my recent flights have had doors closed five minutes before scheduled departure time.

P.S. Don't count on your checked bags making the connection, though. I would bet that a 40 minute Eagle to AA connection won't be sufficient.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; May 31, 2009 at 7:31 am Reason: Add P.S. about baggage.
Old May 31, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Also, on the return, which airport offers the fastest/easiest international to domestic connections: JFK, RDU or ORD?
I've done T5 (international) to T3 (AA) at ORD in less than 30 minutes from exiting the plane (arrival ~12:30p) to going through T3 security several times.
Old May 31, 2009, 8:32 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH

P.S. Don't count on your checked bags making the connection, though. I would bet that a 40 minute Eagle to AA connection won't be sufficient.
I'm not sure about the basis for this comment. If they list 40 minutes as within the valid MCT, then this means that they can transfer the bags in that amount of time. Otherwise, why would they list this if the bags consistently don't make it? Of course, if things are late, as noted, there could well be problems.

Cheers.
Old May 31, 2009, 9:49 am

One more factor to consider: The DCA-BOS leg on Eagle requires gate-checking of anything but briefcase-sized carry-ons. My experience is that retrieving gate-checked luggage can easily add 10min to your deplaning.
Old May 31, 2009, 9:53 am

I suggest the New York connection too. Then you will be able to ride on a 777 to London.
Old May 31, 2009, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Originally Posted by AAce
I suggest the New York connection too. Then you will be able to ride on a 777 to London.
Is the 777 a significantly better ride than the 763, even in coach? I've read through the countless debates on here extensively and last night ended up booking dca-bos-lhr as an award in coach. Is JFK a better choice? There was a much longer connection, so my thought process is that I didn't want to be sitting around in an airport for hours.
Old May 31, 2009, 3:25 pm

Not sure about the AE flights DCA-BOS, but the AE flights to JFK are frequently (at least IME) delayed. Usually not too long, but somethin to consider. I've got a 35 minute connection DCA-JFK-SFO next week and started realizing there is a good chance I misconnect.
Old May 31, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
If the flight is on time you will be fine.

Not asked but if returning through BOS I would allow at least 90 minutes for change of terminal.
Old May 31, 2009, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by blondeterp
Is the 777 a significantly better ride than the 763, even in coach? I've read through the countless debates on here extensively and last night ended up booking dca-bos-lhr as an award in coach. Is JFK a better choice? There was a much longer connection, so my thought process is that I didn't want to be sitting around in an airport for hours.
IIRC the coach seats on the 777 have seat back video screens with a choice of movies, but the 763 still uses the main screens to show movies. Plus the 777 is a newer airplane.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Remember, though, that the Eagle gates at BOS are the farthest in one direction, and the LHR departure gate is at the farthest end of the AA terminal in the other direction. Don't dawdle!!!
If the DCA-BOS flight arrives on time, the OP has time to dawdle. Walking very slowly, the connection might take all of 10 minutes. For someone walking at normal speed, it's a 5-minute connection.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 1:36 pm

Connection time in BOS

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but can anyone answer the question or direct me to the correct location? Is it likely that 1hr 10 min would be sufficient for a domestic connection from an American Eagle flight from ORD-BOS to an American flight BOS-DCA? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.