30,000 BA Miles for Hilton NY timeshare presentation

Subscribe
Got a stuffer with my snailmail BA AmEx statement promoting Hilton NY timeshare.

Enjoy 4 nights in a New York Hotel for $859 per couple and earn 30,000 BA Miles

Accommodation is either a standard room at the Hilton New York or a studio room at the Hilton Club at the same address, with CB at the Club. The offer includes 2 x NYC Explorer passes and (if booked before 30.4.09) a $200 AmEx gift card.

Obligation is to attend a 2-hour timeshare presentation. I've been to Hilton timeshare presentations before and there's no especially hard sell. The one in Honolulu was worth 30,000 Hilton points. 30,000 BA Miles is more attractive.

I thought that $859 was a little expensive for four nights. The offer says that standard retail value is 'up to $449' per night. I made dummy reservations for September and got Hilton rooms at $329 and Club rooms at $431. No doubt rates will reduce before then.

That's probably beyond my limit, but the package may be interesting, especially as early booking effectively reduces the price to $659.

More at http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/baamex/dop.html
Saw this last night as well. It's not a bad deal if you're headed to NY - given the 30,000 miles, the hotel rate isn't too out of whack with NY hotel prices.
If you read the small print, it asks you to have a household income of Ł95,000+, and will charge you the full rate for the rooms, etc, if you don't.

Quite how they'd find out I have no idea! Otherwise seems like quite a good deal to me.
This looks like a pretty good deal but what is "a $200 AmEx gift card" (the main driver for booking before 30 April)?
It'll be a prepaid Amex card, loaded with $200 -can be spent anywhere Amex is accepted, up to the value of $200.
Quote: It'll be a prepaid Amex card, loaded with $200 -can be spent anywhere Amex is accepted, up to the value of $200.
Thanks S-B.
I stayed in this hotel last Sunday night and they have a permanent station in the lobby with a guy trying to attract residents to attend the presentation. IIRC he was offering approx 20,000 Hilton HHonors points (plus "luxury breakfast"), which wasn't enough to attract us to give up a couple of hours of our only morning in New York. For 30,000 BA Miles though, I'd definitely have done it.
Quote: Thanks S-B.
No problem It is definitely a sweetener as you can use it in lieu of cash in NY for restaurant bills and the like.
Quote: If you read the small print, it asks you to have a household income of Ł95,000+, and will charge you the full rate for the rooms, etc, if you don't.

Quite how they'd find out I have no idea! Otherwise seems like quite a good deal to me.
I too received this yesterday - I initially gave it some thought but after a similar experience with a Marriott one a couple of years ago I don't think it's worth the bother - it took up one whole morning ISTR and they really went in for the hard sell.

With regards to the income I assumed it was targeted although the Marriott one never quizzed me about it even though it was a similar condition. I wonder if you'd also get HHonors points for the stay?!
All I'm saying is be careful as it is one high high pressure sell that goes on. You are taken through various rooms of presentations and shown the "Luxury" you could stay in, despite being a strong minded individual (stroppy even at times!) had I had a lapse of more than 2 seconds I dread to think what I might have signed up too.
Well it worked for Faust!

Oh wait...
Quote: I stayed in this hotel last Sunday night and they have a permanent station in the lobby with a guy trying to attract residents to attend the presentation. IIRC he was offering approx 20,000 Hilton HHonors points (plus "luxury breakfast"), which wasn't enough to attract us to give up a couple of hours of our only morning in New York. For 30,000 BA Miles though, I'd definitely have done it.
Interesting. I might wander by one slow weekend and pick up some Hilton Points.
Quote: Interesting. I might wander by one slow weekend and pick up some Hilton Points.
The station is on the right hand side, just before the elevator banks. IIRC though, they ask for your room number.