How many flights will you book if Delta rolls out a 2X MQM Bonus right now?

Subscribe
There's been some discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-nw-match.html

Lot's of speculation about the chances of seeing a 2X MQM Bonus this Spring.

Here are my questions for FT:
  1. If Delta rolled out a 2X MQM Bonus today, how many more flights would you book?
  2. If the Bonus was 3X MQM's how many flights?

It should be interesting to see what the numbers look like and even more interesting to see if Delta pays attention.
Quote:
  1. if delta rolled out a 2x mqm bonus today, how many more flights would you book?
  2. if the bonus was 3x mqm's how many flights?
1. 2 - 3
2. 3 - 5
1. 4 segments
2. 6 to 8 segments.
Quote: There's been some discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-nw-match.html

Lot's of speculation about the chances of seeing a 2X MQM Bonus this Spring.

Here are my questions for FT:
  1. If Delta rolled out a 2X MQM Bonus today, how many more flights would you book?
  2. If the Bonus was 3X MQM's how many flights?

It should be interesting to see what the numbers look like and even more interesting to see if Delta pays attention.
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
1. 5 flights
2. 8 flights

I have the routes selected, and am waiting to buy if they offer the 2X special. Without the 2X special, we will reduce our flying this year and drop back to FO status in 2010.
Quote:
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
I have similar plans. I would qualify for at least GM, and most likely PM without the promotion, but it sure would be nice not to have to do any last minute MR's this year.
I probably won't hold off any bookings in anticipation of a promo, but I may concentrate some travel during the promo period that would occur in the month or two afterwards anyway.
Well, since I have a flight booked for a couple of weeks from now to Japan and another to Spain in May...I will throw a fit.
Quote: Well, since I have a flight booked for a couple of weeks from now to Japan and another to Spain in May...I will throw a fit.
I would throw a fit too.
Nobody will think less of you.
Quote: I would throw a fit too.
Nobody will think less of you.
I'd be joining this pity party because I have three trips booked in the next two months.
Quote: I'd be joining this pity party because I have three trips booked in the next two months.
Just a thought here...

What if Delta offered the Bonus as a challenge?
Do the old "click here to sign up"
Allow existing itins inclusion in the promo.
Then if you log X thousand MQM's during the promo period to hit the threshold you earn the 2X MQM's?

Any thoughts?
I have no idea what the threshold should be, but maybe that would be a way to make more FF's happy?

Granted it would kind of suck if you had 3 trips planned and you were just short of the magic BIS line, but who knows?
Maybe it would be OK?
2X MQM Bonus - 2 flights
3X MQM Bonus - 4 flights
I would actually end up with less flights with DL. Say I normally need 6 more flights to get to 75,000 MQMs for the year. With a 2X promotion I would only need 3 flights. With no real benefit to go above 75,000 MQM, I'd move my flights to another carrier sooner than I usually do.
None. I would not change the current travel pattern...
If they do this soon enough, I'll change an award flight to a paid flight. Will also think about adding a discretionary trip.