Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MXP / Milan Malpensa oneworld Lounges (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: superscot
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

MXP / Milan Malpensa International Airport
3rd Party SEA ViaMilano AA and oneworld use Lounges

Link to MXP information on aa.com

Link to MXP airport website

Note: SEA ViaMilano lounges are also accessible via membership 1,000 € annual) or pay (~ 35€). See here.

Terminal 1 Area B (non-Schengen) - SEA ViaMilano Sala Montale Lounge

Note: Must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an AA or US marketed and operated flight* and one of the following:
  • First Class or Business Class ticket (on same flight)
  • oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire card
  • Admirals Club or US Airways Club membership card
  • Also serves departing qualified passengers on British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways, TAM
Hours: 06:00 - 22:00. Open to non-Schengen longhaul flights.

Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi
  • Soft and alcoholic drinks
  • Self serve buffet
  • (Showers - but these are at additional cost - €16?)

Terminal 1 Area B (non-Schengen) SEA ViaMilano Pergolesi Lounge

Note: Third party lounge. Qualified passengers must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on an RJ / Royal Jordanian[/LIST][/INDENT]
Hours: 06:00 - 22:00. Open to qualified passengers non-Schengen longhaul RJ flights.

Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi
  • Self serve buffet
  • No Showers
  • Smoking room

Terminal 1 Area A (Schengen) SEA ViaMilano Monteverdi Lounge

Note: Third party lounge. Qualified passengers must present a boarding pass for same day departing travel on a an AY / Finnair or IB / Iberia flight.[/LIST][/INDENT]
Hours: 06:00 - 21:00. Open to qualified passengers departing on AY and IB Schengen flights.

Amenities:
  • Courtesy WiFi
  • Self serve buffet
  • Showers
For further lounge information, see oneworld Lounge Access page here

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 3:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

MXP / Milan Malpensa International Airport SEA ViaMilano 3rd Party Lounges

Last edited by JDiver; May 17, 2015 at 11:34 pm Reason: Update
Old Aug 30, 2007, 9:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Under construction

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 25, 2015 at 9:20 am
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:44 am

I'll be flying from MXP->JFK and have Platinum status. there isn't a Admirals Lounge there, but I was wondering if I'd be allowed in any of the partner lounges? Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.7M and counting slowly
Yes, there is a BA Lounge you have access to. Be sure to have your card.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Dia HH
If you are flying Business class as well, you get lounge access. No need to be an AC card holder. The lounge is after you pass the duty free stores and food court. Before you head down the tunnel to the gate, the lounge will be up an escalator on your left.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
If you haven't boarded there before, you might be (unpleasantly) surprised by the boarding etiquette. Be prepared for a free-for-all. "Forewarned is forearmed." "If you can't lick 'em, join 'em." Etc.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Ah yes, the BA Terraces lounge, where you can imbibe some last few real Italian espressos, the better to maximise your wakefulness for the wonderfull coach in-seat entertainment system, and delicious Flagship lunch to follow.

Leaving Italy, especially in steerage, can be a pain....
Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by SJUflyer
Yes, there is a BA Lounge you have access to. Be sure to have your card.
I got renewed for Platinum, but haven't gotten my card yet. Is it necessary, or will be boarding pass be enough?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA: Former CK (LT PLT), MB: PE (LT Gold)
I went through sans EXP card a 2 months ago. It'll all depend on who's at the desk. Worst case, bring your old one. The 2 halves might make a whole.

dia1 is spot on. The boarding process reminds me of a UN evacuation. Get there a little early and start the 'hovering' process. The station manager at MXP (she'll be running the check-in process as well) is really nice. On my first flight ex-MXP, I was waitlisted for an eVIP. When she said no dice at the gate, she allowed me to bypass the boarding process.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
To confirm I am reading everything properly, there is no club access available for arriving passengers at MXP? It looks like the only option is still the BA lounge, which is past security. We are flying there in a few weeks, and I had hoped to get cleaned up upon arrival before a day of sightseeing.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by edlin303
To confirm I am reading everything properly, there is no club access available for arriving passengers at MXP? It looks like the only option is still the BA lounge, which is past security. We are flying there in a few weeks, and I had hoped to get cleaned up upon arrival before a day of sightseeing.
I don't recall ever seeing a shower in the BA lounge at MXP, so you'd be stuck using a sink to freshen up no matter if it was in the lounge or outside a lounge.

It is possible to get to the BA lounge on arrival by acting as a transit passenger (which requires a security screening but not necessarily an examination of an onward boarding pass), but that doesn't mean BA is going to let you in unless entitled to lounge access somehow (for example, as a BA Gold).
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I don't recall ever seeing a shower in the BA lounge at MXP, so you'd be stuck using a sink to freshen up no matter if it was in the lounge or outside a lounge.

It is possible to get to the BA lounge on arrival by acting as a transit passenger (which requires a security screening but not necessarily an examination of an onward boarding pass), but that doesn't mean BA is going to let you in unless entitled to lounge access somehow (for example, as a BA Gold).
Thanks for the info. A lack of showers kills it either way. I will plan to bring a washcloth or something and find some public restrooms.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Their website says that you can shower at the Portofino Beauty Farm Intégrée at the arrival level (outside security) between exits 1 and 2. A 2002 article on Corriere della Sera says they're open from 7 to 21, and at that time a shower was €15.

http://www.sea-aeroportimilano.it/it...sx_infoviaggia

Last edited by hillrider; Sep 24, 2009 at 2:17 pm
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by ktakahashi
dia1 is spot on. The boarding process reminds me of a UN evacuation. Get there a little early and start the 'hovering' process.
Dear God this was far worse than I expected. It was like the Titanic to get on AND off the flight. No mercy for women, children, or the infirmed.

Just flew J and not only hard a hard time boarding, but Y passengers trying to push past (door still closed) to get out of the plane. Now I know why the Italians are such good racers I guess.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by dnova
Dear God this was far worse than I expected. It was like the Titanic to get on AND off the flight. No mercy for women, children, or the infirmed.

Just flew J and not only hard a hard time boarding, but Y passengers trying to push past (door still closed) to get out of the plane. Now I know why the Italians are such good racers I guess.
Doesnt sound pleasant. Ill keep in mind next time I wanna go in and out of Italy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.