Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive

Subscribe
Dl-8 atl-dxb
Hello,

Flying DL-8 Atlanta to Dubai on May 13 in EC and wondering what to expect for food service.
Quote: Hello,

Flying DL-8 Atlanta to Dubai on May 13 in EC and wondering what to expect for food service.
I took this flight not too long ago in EC. You can expect a beverage service about 30 minutes into the flight. After that, dinner (choise of chicken or pasta) will be served. About midway through the flight, the flight attendants will be offering a snack sonsisting of a small sandwhich, bannana, and I think a granola bar. Then, about 1.5 hours prior to landing, they serve a hot pizza with salad. Also, there is a sanck cart set up with water, fresh fruit and yogurt and granola bars and it is self service. Also, the FA's were through the cabin about every 45 minutes with trays of water. Remember, you are in EC so all beer, wine and alcohol is complimentary.
Thanks!
Haven't been on TATL with DL for over a year, but heading out MSP-AMS return in BE in 2 weeks (other connecting flights, but inconsequential). Anyone reviews on the BE meals these days? How about the wine selection?
Quote: To be honest though, this is one of those mainline DL flights under 900 miles that DL actually has real meals, so I applaud them for this. What are the others in the network? I think JFK-ORD is one other one I can think of.
I flew ATL-JFK-ORD earlier this year. I had breakfast on the 738 ATL-JFK, and (would have) had lunch on the CR9 JFK-ORD. A diverted flight and then mechanical issue delayed the flight until after the late afternoon departure, which I took instead. It had no meal service.

I took this routing due to IROP on original ATL-BNA-ORD routing, but I checked the ATL-JFK-ORD fares for several weeks after seeing the great service. I discovered that this routing is at least 2x as much as the next-most-expensive routing. Coach fares, direct or connecting through BNA/DTW, were all $500-$600, but going through JFK (coach) was at least $1,150 or more for all the dates I checked.

This wasn't even a Y/B/M fare, so as GM I would probably not even get the UG for that price. FC was more expensive than coach too (though it would be cheaper to buy FC on any other routing than coach through JFK). Definitely not a great option unless a stop in JFK is absolutely necessary!
Quote: Haven't been on TATL with DL for over a year, but heading out MSP-AMS return in BE in 2 weeks (other connecting flights, but inconsequential). Anyone reviews on the BE meals these days? How about the wine selection?
BE meals are really quite good these days. Personally, I love the soup and appetizer. Usually skip the salad, which is quite large and uninteresting, nothing to write home about. Main courses offer a lot of choices, but I generally choose either the fish or pasta option. Steak is usually well-done and tough, and the chicken can be dryed out from freezing and then over-heating on the plane. Can't help you much with the wines, I forego them for a Heineken. Dessert is always very good, no matter which one you choose.

Pre-arrival "snack" last week was choice of a chicken and pesto hot sandwich or a salmon and potato salad cold plate. Either one is very tasty, it depends on my mood which one I choose for myself.

In between the two meal services, there is usually a hot chocolate chip cookie offered and there is always the snack cart for additional munchies if you get hungry. On my MXP-JFK flight last week, there were so many desserts left over that those were the only things on the snack cart. Lots of fruit and cheese choices plus Italian cannoli with strawberries. No packaged cookies, no chips in sight. The hot chocolate chip cookies ended up being added to the tray for the pre-arrival snack instead of being offered mid-flight. It was no big deal, no one went hungry and we actually arrived about 35 minutes early so there was not enough time to eat all of the food that was available!

If you want to preview the main menu for your flight, go to delta.com and you will find it under Travel Information/In-Flight Services/Business Elite. Have a good flight!
Hi!

I will be flying Business Elite from AMS - ATL on DL175 in august. I typically fly KLM on TATL flights, and have always been served dinner after departure. When I logged in to my booking, the meal shows "Breakfast" Would I be served breakfast after departure, and then a dinner/lunch prior to arrival?
Quote: Hi!

I will be flying Business Elite from AMS - ATL on DL175 in august. I typically fly KLM on TATL flights, and have always been served dinner after departure. When I logged in to my booking, the meal shows "Breakfast" Would I be served breakfast after departure, and then a dinner/lunch prior to arrival?
You should see a similar timeline as the post above (thanks for that, by the way). There will be time of day adjustments to dictate the meal (breakfast in morning, etc). You won't go hungry!
Quote: Haven't been on TATL with DL for over a year, but heading out MSP-AMS return in BE in 2 weeks (other connecting flights, but inconsequential). Anyone reviews on the BE meals these days? How about the wine selection?
Eastbound to Europe this month (May), I would choose either the Beef Short Ribs or the Fish (Cod) for the main entree - both are quite good actually.

Quote: will be flying Business Elite from AMS - ATL on DL175 in august. I typically fly KLM on TATL flights, and have always been served dinner after departure. When I logged in to my booking, the meal shows "Breakfast" Would I be served breakfast after departure, and then a dinner/lunch prior to arrival?
Because DL175 leaves AMS early (9am), the main meal will be a Brunch - the entree choices will be some typical lunch or breakfast items (e.g., one option would be steak and eggs, another would be pancakes/waffles, while another would be the ubiquitous chicken dish). The appetizers are nice too - a fruit/yogurt plate, as well as a smoked salmon dish.

Before landing, you will get the typical snack (choice of a hot sandwich or a salad) which could qualify as a light lunch.
has anyone had the diabetic special meal (dinner)? curious as to what I can expect on JFK-DEN
Food from SIN-NRT-DTW?
Hello Flyers,

I am heading from SIN - NRT on a morning flight then from NRT to DTW in the afternoon, arriving at 4:30pm. Any insight into meals served?

After the flight from NRT to SIN earlier this week, and having an almost inedible dinner (and I am not as picky as some), I am considering taking the vegetarian (dairy allowed), as I can't imagine it being worse.

Thanks!
Quote: I am heading from SIN - NRT on a morning flight then from NRT to DTW in the afternoon, arriving at 4:30pm. Any insight into meals served?

After the flight from NRT to SIN earlier this week, and having an almost inedible dinner (and I am not as picky as some), I am considering taking the vegetarian (dairy allowed), as I can't imagine it being worse.
Assuming you're in Y, I always order Asian Vegetarian (AVML). From Asia, it's usually a noodle dish, including for breakfast. The only downside is that the mid-flight snack on the TPAC can be pretty random. (Once I get a banana with a special meal sticker on it, another time a bag of grapes and a bag of carrots.)

The SIN flight is breakfast, IIRC, so the usual choices of egg something or other and some vaguely Asian inspired dish.

Of course, there are also plenty of good food options at both SIN and NRT
ATL-UIO-ATL
Booking ATL-UIO-ATL in Business. Any idea of what to expect for meal service? I'm assuming more like domestic F than international J, but curious.
Thanks!!
AMS-BOS Economy Comfort.
Cold Chicken Salad lunch was surprisingly good. Snack of a hot Pizza roll and ice cream Ice cream good. Pizza roll was disgusting.
16  56  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  76  116  166