High J - Mid J? LHR-DEL & BOM-LHR

Subscribe
Just 2 weeks away now from a touring holiday to India.

W out J return. Thinking about seating, the configuration of the cabin affects our decision on which seats to 'attempt' to bag during online check in.

Can anyone confirm the config for

Outbound Sat Mar 20th LHR - DEL (BA143) 11.50 dep

and

Inbound Sat Apr 4th BOM - LHR (BA198) 13.15 dep

Thanks
VI Rotate - According to ExpertFlyer:

Sat Mar 20th LHR - DEL (BA143) 11.50 dep - operated by Mid J 747

Sat Apr 4th BOM - LHR (BA198) 13.15 dep - operated by 777
You might want to consider the 138 back from BOM. It's normally a hi-J 747 and is a much more enjoyable experience than a boring 9 hour day flight on a less than wonderful 777. On the 138, get on, got to sleep, wake up in London. Of course if you want the full Club experience then the day flight is better, but as the BOM regulars will testify the catering has to be some of the worst on the network.
Quote: but as the BOM regulars will testify the catering has to be some of the worst on the network.
I have been underwhelmed on a number of occasions over the years with catering ex-India (including CCU - soon to go and DEL).
Quote: I have been underwhelmed on a number of occasions over the years with catering ex-India (including CCU - soon to go and DEL).
I am always underwhelmed with catering ex-India which is remarkable really, given the superb quality and choice of food you can have whilst in the country. I now make sure I always eat just before leaving the hotel so I don't have to bother on the flight. If I get peckish I can always have some cheese and biscuits, which are normally edible, or some chocolates with my champagne ^