747 Club kitchen

Subscribe
Hello, can anyone tell me where the self-serve club world kitchens are on a high and mid-J 747-400? If I sit on the upper section do you have to go down the stairs to help yourself to something and are the the kitchens pretty much emptied out during most flights ?

Cheers
Same place on both - by 2L at the bottom of the stairs. Yes, you have to go downstairs...but the best UD crews often put out a selection of items at the top of the stairs too ^ Obviously not the chilled items like ice cream - but again, the very best crews come through the cabin and pro-actively offer that too ^
Hi cellpex,

The club kitchen will be by door 2L ( at the bottom of the stairs).
There will usually be some crisps, fruit, biscuiits laid out by the crew on the upper deck ( by the magazines)

The fruit salad, wraps etc will be downstairs.

Probably the earlier during the flight you go the more stuff will be left. Spome posters have mentioned that the stocks have gone down very quickly but on my flights there is still a good selection at 4-5 hours to go ( ie midway to SFO/LAX from LHR)

Regards

TBS
Club Kitchen is normally at Door 2L; i.e. at the bottom of the stairs.

Personally, on the few occasion I have been peckish during the flight, I have been able to find something I want. Never really seen a really depleted Club Kitchen. Crew normally leave a basket of chocolates, crips (chips in US-speak), biscuits on the wide shelve in behind 64C along with drinks. However, the plastic containers of pasta is in the Club Kitchen fridge downstairs.

The only time I use it is on the really long flights like LHR-SIN/LAX since I usually eat the first meal served on board.
Sometimes there's more on offer than may be displayed in the kitchen, such as ice cream. Worth asking for on the chance that they have it on-board.
On my flight from LHR to JFK last week the Club Kitchen was positively full to the brim.
For the Soup (Normally Conv. Garden varieties ex LHR) it is sometimes also placed in the fridge in the Club Kitchen at Door 2L. However you do need to ask the crew to heat it up at the Microwave at Door 2R. They normally poor it in a paper cup for u.

Also for the hot snacks (Chix tikka rice and other ready meals, these are not in the Club Kitchen fridge but are in a galley and u have to ask the crew.

The key is to always ask as they don't mention anything about these additional items on the menu card.
I rather like the journey down the stairs to get a snack and like being able to see the choices. My favorite are actually the pre-takeoff cashews and macademia nuts.
There are also reports that the kitchen may be raided by wt+ on the mid-J. This because of the close proximity
Quote: Hello, can anyone tell me where the self-serve club world kitchens are on a high and mid-J 747-400? If I sit on the upper section do you have to go down the stairs to help yourself to something and are the the kitchens pretty much emptied out during most flights ?
Quote: Same place on both - by 2L at the bottom of the stairs. Yes, you have to go downstairs...
Quote: Hi cellpex,
The club kitchen will be by door 2L ( at the bottom of the stairs)....
Regards
TBS
Quote: Club Kitchen is normally at Door 2L; i.e. at the bottom of the stairs...
Quote: For the Soup (Normally Conv. Garden varieties ex LHR) it is sometimes also placed in the fridge in the Club Kitchen at Door 2L. ...

Are the Club Kitchen items extra tasty passing over Echo Valley?
I have never noticed anyone coming around offering anything from the kitchen during a BA CW long haul. But that's fine. It would remind me too much of our last trips LAX-BOS-LAX on United. Their $5 meals-the hummus one is really quite good-were hawked through the cabin as though at a baseball game. Actually, it is very nice that the domestics still provide something, even is there's a charge. Otherwise, it being difficult to carry food through security, you could starve up there!
I was so full after lunch on the UD of BA49 on Sat. (managed to snag 64K, so it was extra special and private!) that I lay like a beached whale until they turned the lights on again to serve arvo tea. I could barely eat the sarnie in the sack!

I found the crew to be obliging w/any requests. Truly, after flying FIRST last year on the 777 SEA - LHR return, and CW this year same trip, the new CW makes FIRST look dismal...
Quote: I have never noticed anyone coming around offering anything from the kitchen during a BA CW long haul.
You go to the Club Kitchen. The Club Kitchen does not come to you.
Quote: I have never noticed anyone coming around offering anything from the kitchen during a BA CW long haul.
I have noticed, several times last on LHR-DXB last week. And I don't even fly BA that often. I actually found myself being a little annoyed when they didn't do it a few days ago LHR-MEX, spoiled I guess... They did have some of the offerings on upper deck though, but its hard to move from a window seat on BA so u get lazy...[/B]
Actually what is on offer for the DXB run. In particular the nights flights going there and back. Especially for the returing flight as it is a sleeper service flight with no hot meal available.
Just to clarify where the club kitchen is and how things are served.
On the 747 it is at door 2 left only and there should be no food on display on the upper deck.
I know some crew think that they are being proactive and leave a fruit basket and sometime some chocolates but this is not correct and is causing confusion
If a passenger wants something to eat they should come to the kitchen and find everything in one place.
The only food to be offered proactively to each passenger is ice cream on flights where they are loaded.
However if when patrolling with drinks and asking a passenger if they need anything and the passenger says they are hungry and not get something for themselves the crew member can get something on there behalf.
It seems that because some crew have been going around with snacks that other crew are being seen as lazy, this is no true the club kitchen is there for you to help yourself.
CIHY