Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SJU / San Juan, Puerto Rico, Admirals Club CLOSE 30 DEC 2015 (master thread)

Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SJU / San Juan, Puerto Rico, Luís Muñoz Marín International Airport
Terminal D Gate D12 Admirals Club
CLOSED EFFECTIVE 30 Dec 2015

NOTE: AA flight check-in, security and gates relocated to Terminal C

Link to SJU airport information on aa.com

Link to SJU website (English)

Link to FT page on the Avianca operated by Global Lounge (SJU4) at SJU (Priority Pass, etc. terminal B-D.) Link to lounge page.

Link to SJU airport guide at sleepingatairports.net

"The Admirals Club® lounge at San Juan Luis Muñoz Marin International (SJU) will permanently close toward the end of 2015. With more than 50 Admirals Club lounges around the world, we know the Admirals Club experience makes American unique, and we're constantly looking at which lounges best serve our customers based on attendance, frequency of flights and customer demand."
E-mail sent o/a 16 Oct 2015
American Airlines Admirals Club

SPECIAL NOTICE: AA flight check-in, security and gates now in Terminal C. Please leave sufficient time for the inter-terminal walk. Security checkpoints close at 7:15 p.m. For evening flights, please allow extra time when arriving at the airport.

LOCATION: CLOSES 30 DEC 2015 EOB - Terminal D, American Airlines Concourse, after Security, across from Gate 12. Note AA now departs Terminal C.

HOURS: please see here for current hours.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet Access
  • Food for Purchase
Older posts can be found at: ARCHIVE: SJU / San Juan, Puerto Rico Admirals Club (master thread)

Alternative lounge:

Avianca by Global Lounge Network / Priority Pass: https://www.loungeclub.com/en/our-lo...ge-detail/SJU4

Complimentary access: Priority Pass and Diners Club cardholders; Star Alliance Gold members; for first-class passengers on Avianca, Copa and United Airlines. $27.00 access fee for others.

Opening hours: 30 - 19:00 Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday. 04:30 - 21:00 Tuesday. 04:30 - 20:00 Thursday & Sunday.

Location: Airside - the lounge is located at the entrance of Terminal C. Pass through Security Check Point B-C and walk towards Terminal C until the ''Sala Avianca / VIP" sign can be seen, take lift to third floor.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Computers and printer
  • Television room
  • Testing room (seven recliner chaises, low light, power outlets
  • Children's area
  • Quiet area
  • Complimentary soft and alcoholic beverages
  • Complimentary Puerto Rican snacks, pastries
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

SJU / San Juan, Puerto Rico, Luís Muñoz Marín International Airport
Terminal D Gate D12 Admirals Club

CLOSED EFFECTIVE 30 Dec 2015

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 25, 2015 at 9:46 am Reason: Update
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:27 am

Just a quick question. If you are flying out of Terminal B can you access the AC in Terminal C?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Just a quick question. If you are flying out of Terminal B can you access the AC in Terminal C?
Yes, all the concourses are connected airside.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Yes, all the concourses are connected airside.
Thats great many thanks for the quick reply. ^
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:11 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DELLAS
yes, but don't expect too much from the AC. Disappointing as I recall on my visit there last summer. I spent more time in the duty free with their very good prices on Vodka
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by mikelat
yes, but don't expect too much from the AC. Disappointing as I recall on my visit there last summer. I spent more time in the duty free with their very good prices on Vodka
The only thing I don't like about the SJU is the lack of showers. Other destinations such as MIA, GIG, LAX I can check out of my hotel in the morning, spend a few hours on the beach, then head to the airport and shower and change at the AC for my PM flight home. With SJU, I need to either pay for another unneeded night at a hotel, fly home in the morning and lose a day on the beach or fly home with that nasty beach and sandy feeling.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:04 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have to say that I quite like the SJU AC for the light airy space and it never seems to be too crowded. The only thing was that they had not a clue about drink vouchers (my husband BA Exec Gold) and the miserable individual at the bar would not let us have the splits of Veuve Cliquot as they were"premium drinks". I did not know the rules so was not prepared to argue.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 2:29 pm

Well Im coming off a cruise ship at 9am and flight not til around 4pm so if they have free soft drinks and a comfy chair and wifi then Im happy I just hope I can check my bags that many hours before departure.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: their are many of them
Does this airport now look like a ghost town after being dehubbed?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Recent Reports?

Any recent reports on this club? I may have to travel there (San Juan) next month...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Small, nothing special, but better than waiting at the gates.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:16 pm

As of 1 March, upstairs quiet zone seems to be permanently closed, for some time (dusty sign on the elevator). Bar sells a few nice meal boxes, with the drinks.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus(ick)
I was here in Dec '12 during a 6hr wait for my flight home for the hollydayz.
Got some good shut-eye, tea n cookies for breakfast.
Nice location and atmosphere but the furniture/chairs were dirty/stained and very worn.
At minimum they need to take a shampoo machine to the chairs.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by GaryD
As of 1 March, upstairs quiet zone seems to be permanently closed, for some time (dusty sign on the elevator). Bar sells a few nice meal boxes, with the drinks.
The upstairs part has been closed for more than a year. I travel to SJU monthly. They have an excellent staff there.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by arollins
The upstairs part has been closed for more than a year. I travel to SJU monthly. They have an excellent staff there.
Seconded, great AC staff and nice views. Almost always quiet too

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.