Emirates 203- DXB to JFK (Economy Class)

Subscribe
Boarding process: a bit scattered. Because the Business and First cabins were not yet prepared, the plane started loading by zone from the back. But after the cabins were completed, First and Business Passengers were called up (during economy boarding), but only some cut the long line of economy passengers that formed- and semi-mass confusion and unnecessary standing around ensued.

Cabin (777 Plane): Nice, pleasant. The flight attendants were decked out in what I consider traditional flight attendant uniforms. The space was light, and adjusted throughout the flight to match the time outside the plane (e.g., star lighting at nighttime). The rows were fine, not particularly spacious, but they are not aggressively tight either for Economy Class. The seats adjusted back and forward easily and comfortably.

Amenity pack: airplane socks, eye mask, and toothbrush/toothpaste.

Food: First meal served shortly after 2:00 am departure, with a choice of a lamb or chicken (unless you had signed up for vegetarian, seafood, etc. in advance of flight). A later light service included Chicken Tika or Veggie wraps and candy bars. Finally, just before arrival, a hot breakfast was served with choice of Cherry Crepe or Fritatta, along with fruit, yogurt, croissant, tea, coffee and orange juice. A cut above most plane food, for sure.

Bathrooms: A bit messy throughout the flight in my section- not sure exactly what was going on here- one was sufficiently wet on the floor over the length of the flight, and another had loads of paper towels on the ground.

Entertainment: extensive, powered by individual entertainment centers. Movies available included Hollywood new releases, Bollywood films, a collection of over 10 Disney Films, TV series such as 30 Rock, the Office, etc. Music also available.

More details and a pic attached:

http://thepurplepassport.blogspot.co...ai-to-jfk.html
Nice and concise report, great pics glad you enjoyed it
Great report. I flew NYC-DXB with EK in Y last March and it was overall a great flight, but marred slightly by a couple of young yahoos seated in the row in front of me. They drank consistently for about ten hours, at one point standing up and dancing together in their center row (sharing a pair of headphones attached to one iPod). To my amazement the crew was quite happy to ply them with drink and never once told them to calm it down.
Quote: Boarding process: a bit scattered. Because the Business and First cabins were not yet prepared, the plane started loading by zone from the back. But after the cabins were completed, First and Business Passengers were called up (during economy boarding), but only some cut the long line of economy passengers that formed- and semi-mass confusion and unnecessary standing around ensued.
I've always found the boarding process to be fairly regimented at JFK - to the extent that if people start crowding the gate area, the boarding process is stopped until people comply with the GA requests to clear off.

Quote: Bathrooms: A bit messy throughout the flight in my section- not sure exactly what was going on here- one was sufficiently wet on the floor over the length of the flight, and another had loads of paper towels on the ground.
Those of us that know what's going on here are LOL'ing
The boarding process issue was actually out of Dubai- the problem here was that they called the First Class/Business Class cabins literally half way through boarding coach when there was a long line in place to board based on the rows that they had already called. But they never explained that the 1st/Bus should come to the front of the line, so we all (whole plane of passengers) just stood around while the flight attendants were mystified as to why no one was boarding first/business class. Finally, after discussing among themselves for awhile, they made a secondary announcement for them to come forward and it worked it self out. Not a big deal at all in the scheme of the flight, just felt disorganized compared with most other flights I've taken. Unclear as to why they would call so many people up to board and create such a long line, if it was just to stand around and wait for the 1st/Bus class to board. Again, really not a big deal at all (don't want to whine about small details, it was a total 15 min delay)- just wanted to clarify the claim in the post.
Follow-up: Took the A380 JFK to DXB
Quick follow-up report because I took the A380 (vs. 777 of last trip) to Dubai this week and had a great flight.

A great trip. Quite an elegant plane- felt new, nice, secure.

Configuration: It appeared that First and Business was on the second level, with Economy Class seated below.

Food: Just ok, I would say- choices for dinner included a lamb or Chicken Stroganoff dish. There was also any anytime snack (chicken, I believe) and a breakfast option of scrambled eggs or Chicken Marsala. I couldn’t eat much of it.

Entertainment/travel pack (toothbrush, etc): As above, great- tons of wonderful options on the entertainment.

I had an excellent seat (81K)- next to the window, but with empty space in front of my feet that allowed me to get up at will. An excellent job by www.seatguru.com that recommended it! I even had an outlet at my seat for my laptop (not all seats in coach have this feature- I believe it is a few per row).
Thanks for an informative trip report.
Thanks for the concise report. Your trip report didn't entirely convince me to fly Emirates but I have to try the airline one day.