Emirates.com - how to find out what class of booking?

Subscribe
Hello: I could not find this answer searching thro FT emirates forum.

when I book a ticket (e.g., JFK-DXB-XXX) on emirates.com, how do I find out what class the ticket books into?
Once I finish choosing my flights, the website goes to a page with all the chosen flights plus the dollar amount. But, the fare rules / restrictions tab does not tell what booking class is the fare. (I am looking at economy fares).

Please educate.
Sorry if this subject has been talked about before.

Edited to add: I did call customer service in the US. They were mostly unhelpful. They kept saying it books in "economy class". I dont think they understood what I was trying to figure out.
Good question. I was wondering that the other day.

From the eticket receipt there's no telling if you're booked in Q, Y, B, H or any of the other classes collectively known as Y.
Yes. No help from Emirates CS.
Hope someone replies on this board.
Hi there

It's on the E-ticket reciept, the first letter of the bold bit is the fare class.

MEL EK X/DXB EK LON505.05WEFTPAU4EK X/DXB EK MEL505.05WEFTPAU4 NUC1010.10 XT AUD26.10WY AU89.00GB AUD43.90UB END ROE1.424648

Cheers
vflyer
Option 2:

Find the same fare at http://matrix.itasoftware.com

Find the same fare and ITA will show you the fare class. However, this will not work for fares exclusively on the Emirates website.

Cheers,
Thanks vflyer and sadiqhassan.
Thanks guys
Quote: Hi there

It's on the E-ticket reciept, the first letter of the bold bit is the fare class.

MEL EK X/DXB EK LON505.05WEFTPAU4EK X/DXB EK MEL505.05WEFTPAU4 NUC1010.10 XT AUD26.10WY AU89.00GB AUD43.90UB END ROE1.424648

Cheers
vflyer
HOU EK X/DXB Q165.00 EK BOM863.04YHW6MUS4/-BLR EK X /DXB EK HOU Q165.00 889.92YHX6MUS4 NUC2082.96 IAH3E ND ROE1.00

Does it mean the above is a Y fare on both the inbound and outbound legs?
Quote: Does it mean the above is a Y fare on both the inbound and outbound legs?
Yes, I believe it does.
Quote: HOU EK X/DXB Q165.00 EK BOM863.04YHW6MUS4/-BLR EK X /DXB EK HOU Q165.00 889.92YHX6MUS4 NUC2082.96 IAH3E ND ROE1.00

Does it mean the above is a Y fare on both the inbound and outbound legs?
Sure seems like it. So, this must be a pretty flexible if not fully flexible fare.
DO you have your fare rules by chance?.
Quote: Sure seems like it. So, this must be a pretty flexible if not fully flexible fare.
DO you have your fare rules by chance?.
I do have the fare rules. Anything in particular I should be looking at? Also when I go to manage my booking on emirates.com I get "Use your Skywards Miles to upgrade to a higher class''. However I am not a Skywards member....I know sigh.... Also it asks me Please enter the advance passenger details before upgrading the booking.

I have been previously told the CO Silver will not help here...so not sure what to do.
Quote: I do have the fare rules. Anything in particular I should be looking at? Also when I go to manage my booking on emirates.com I get "Use your Skywards Miles to upgrade to a higher class''. However I am not a Skywards member....I know sigh.... Also it asks me Please enter the advance passenger details before upgrading the booking.

I have been previously told the CO Silver will not help here...so not sure what to do.
Join Skywards. Even more so if you think you'll use Emirates again. This trip will earn you 19,500 miles which would be enough to upgrade one of the shorter legs on this itinerary. Even if this is a one off with Emirates you could get a nice trinket from The Emirates High Street with the miles, or you could enter them in their monthly raffle for a pair of Business Class tickets.
Quote: I do have the fare rules. Anything in particular I should be looking at? Also when I go to manage my booking on emirates.com I get "Use your Skywards Miles to upgrade to a higher class''. However I am not a Skywards member....I know sigh.... Also it asks me Please enter the advance passenger details before upgrading the booking.

Agree with ft101 but wanted to point out this isn't like some other programs where you can only upgrade from a fully flex Y fare. You can upgrade from any fare using Skywards miles.
Quote: Join Skywards. Even more so if you think you'll use Emirates again. This trip will earn you 19,500 miles which would be enough to upgrade one of the shorter legs on this itinerary. Even if this is a one off with Emirates you could get a nice trinket from The Emirates High Street with the miles, or you could enter them in their monthly raffle for a pair of Business Class tickets.
Very good advice.
Thank you Gurus for your inputs!

I had a question about the following comment.

Quote: This trip will earn you 19,500 miles which would be enough to upgrade one of the shorter legs on this itinerary.
I am using the mileage calculator on

http://www.skywards.com/Mileage_Calculator.aspx#blue

and I am getting 16800 miles.

IAH-DXB-BOM
BLR-DXB-IAH

(BOM-BLR will not be on emirates)

am I missing something?