Sleeperettes

Subscribe
Hi,

Looking at the Emirates website on what seating to expect (http://www.emirates.com/ca/English/f...ce_finder.aspx) for LGW to DXB, I got:

EK012 Boeing 777-200 Flat bed luxury with integrated passenger seat control in First Class, deeply reclining comfort in Business Class,

EK016 Boeing 777-300ER The Ultra Long Range 777-300ER features flat beds in First Class, lie-flat seats in Business Class

EK010 Airbus A330-200 Luxurious sleeper seats in First Class, spacious sleeperettes in Business Class

Which of these three is best in Biz? And what's a sleeperette?

thanks
Quote: Hi,

Looking at the Emirates website on what seating to expect (http://www.emirates.com/ca/English/f...ce_finder.aspx) for LGW to DXB, I got:

EK012 Boeing 777-200 Flat bed luxury with integrated passenger seat control in First Class, deeply reclining comfort in Business Class,

EK016 Boeing 777-300ER The Ultra Long Range 777-300ER features flat beds in First Class, lie-flat seats in Business Class

EK010 Airbus A330-200 Luxurious sleeper seats in First Class, spacious sleeperettes in Business Class

Which of these three is best in Biz? And what's a sleeperette?

thanks

EK016 Boeing 777-300ER lie-flat seats in Business Class are the best
Flat bed luxury in F (I would assume Skycruiser seats) they beat everything else you've mentioned. If the difference in fare is reasonable go for F, always
Sleeperettes are just a cute name for Economy++
The lie-flat seats in J on the 777-300ER are the best business class seats of the ones you mention.

The A330-200 'sleeperettes' are OK, but a little narrow, and are now very dated compared to other business class products. Great pitch though.

Cheers,
Rick
Thanks folks...
Sleeperettes
I flew J from Joburg to Dubai and back in November 08 and experienced the lie-flat seats on the 777-300ER. Great seats but on the flight going north I found the lie flat position to be very bumpy. As a result, I got little or no sleep. Coming back, I was offered a thin mattress by the flight attendant, which I accepted. This made a world of difference! Suddenly all the bumps were gone and it was an absolute pleasure-I slept like a log. So, make sure you ask for the thin mattress when using this seat in the sleeping position.

One other point--these seats have this strange little device for controlling the ICE. It's a tacky little mock wood thingy that's exceptionally irritating to use. Rather stick with the conventional remote, which is also provided.

The massage feature on the seats is also very good.
Emirates "sleeperettes" are no Business Class
The Emirates "Sleeperettes" are basically an improved Economy Class...
Don't get fooled by the name, you will not be able to sleep at all on these things. Thank god they will phase out the planes that still have those, but only until 2015.

Has nothing to do with an up-to-date Business Class. Do not book any flights with Emirates that offers these seats! - You will be totally frustrated, even if you don't have to pay for the flight yourself!

Skywards Gold Member
Thread Re-Direction
Folks

The information in this thread is 2+ years old. You will find an up to date list of seating type by aircraft over here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...-emirates.html

As a result - I am closing this thread.

Regards

SIMON
(eightblack)
Moderator-EK Forum