help setting up slingbox (so multiple people can use it)

Subscribe
I've been impressed with slingbox ever since a kind FTer let me use theirs for some Patriots game viewing . So, I bought my folks one since my dad travels a lot and I figure it would be a cool gift. He really likes it. ^

The thing is, he wants me to be able to use it as well. I know that only one person can be on at once, so I'm wondering what the best way to manage this is? What happens if two people try to access the slingbox at once? Is there a way to give one user priority so that the other can only use it when it is not being used and will be kicked off if the "main" user tries to access it?

Thanks for your help!
Master Password will outrank anybody else everytime. Just have him not check in the box (or you depending who is to have lower priority) that says "Log in as Administrator" under properties after clicking "Edit" under Slingbox Directory after highlighting your Slingbox. After that if the person with the Master Password wants to log on they boot the other person off when entering the Master Password.

Quote: I've been impressed with slingbox ever since a kind FTer let me use theirs for some Patriots game viewing . So, I bought my folks one since my dad travels a lot and I figure it would be a cool gift. He really likes it. ^

The thing is, he wants me to be able to use it as well. I know that only one person can be on at once, so I'm wondering what the best way to manage this is? What happens if two people try to access the slingbox at once? Is there a way to give one user priority so that the other can only use it when it is not being used and will be kicked off if the "main" user tries to access it?

Thanks for your help!
You will need to have the SlingPlayer software installed, and know the Slingbox ID and password.
Or, you could just use the new sling.com service, with a user name and password. It does NOT have to be the device user name and password. From there, you father or anyone could just acces the box from a WEB BROWSER IE AND FIREFOX only, and then they don't have to install any software, setup account ID's, etc.

Multiple users on a single slingbox, DOES violate the T&C's, but I just had to say that. :-(

Of course, it HAS been done.

You could also get your folks a slingcatcher, that they simply hookup to their TV and watch everything from the SB or sling.com directly on the TV.

ADMIN password will trump user password, "viewer" password and log people out.
Thanks guys! I didn't even know about the sling.com service. Very interesting. Thank you!
Also, if you log in and someone else is watching it doesn't just automatically kick the other person off and leave them scratching their head. You have to enter the password and knowingly kick the other viewer off.