Christmas Travel through MDW

Subscribe
Anyone hear of possible delays at MDW over the coming days? It looks like several inches of snow and some ice have been predicted.

I'll be going through MDW on 12/23 and 12/25.. getting a little concerned that WX may cause my short trip to be even shorter.
Predictions for 12/23 are for light snow with low winds for the entire day. That type of weather will usually result in not more than 15-30 minute delays at MDW.
I'm flying through MDW on the 24th. Weather.com says -> heavy snow on 23rd, followed by rain the night an morning of the 23rd, turning to sleet and back to snow. Being from NYC, this weather report is reminiscent of the Valentines Day Massacre like weather at JFK.

Ice and Sleet are 10x worse than either rain or snow.
Expect delays and very heavy volume. They're having major major issues at MDW right now.
Go with bearsfan - he's there. FAA says currently 15 minute delays : http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp . I still am not hearing any weather predictions that would indicate to me long delays.
Quote: Go with bearsfan - he's there. FAA says currently 15 minute delays : http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/usmap.jsp . I still am not hearing any weather predictions that would indicate to me long delays.

Well assuming they're having the same issues they've been having over the past couple of days, there's going to be substantial delays. I'll say that it has nothing to do with weather delaying arrivals or the ability to fly the planes, the delays are a result of major issues in ground ops. The people are doing the best they can and it isn't their fault.
My sister's at MDW right now, on her way from BDL to visit our brother in DEN. Her originating flight arrived on time and her connecting flight is boarding on time, as we speak...
I dont leave until 6:20pm, but the BNA-MDW flights so far today are looking progressively ominous:

#3032- Landed Ontime, 7:39am
#3128- Landed Ontime, 9:00am
#3021- En route, 195 minutes late
#2441- Delayed 85 minutes
#2632- Delayed 120 minutes
Quote: I dont leave until 6:20pm, but the BNA-MDW flights so far today are looking progressively ominous:

#3032- Landed Ontime, 7:39am
#3128- Landed Ontime, 9:00am
#3021- En route, 195 minutes late
#2441- Delayed 85 minutes
#2632- Delayed 120 minutes
Well, where is your plane? There are delays but they might have nothing to do with your own route.

Edit: Is it the 6:20 to St Louis?
Okie dokie, completely msiread your post and just looked up the 6:20 time out of Midway. Oops. I shall look up the BNA planes

Edit: I found your plane!

It is going from St Louis to Houston and it's just now going over Louisiana. It left a minute early and should arrive on time if not early. It's gonna hop back to New Orleans then pick you up in Nashville.
I live in Chicago, and the weather is snowy and windy. WN is allowing you to change flights, with no penalty, any flight into/out of MDW. I just changed my mom's flight into MDW for later this afternoon that is already showing an hour delay. A 9:30 AM flight out of Detroit, bound for MDW, was diverted to CMH.
Quote: It is going from St Louis to Houston and it's just now going over Louisiana. It left a minute early and should arrive on time if not early. It's gonna hop back to New Orleans then pick you up in Nashville.
I'm ticketed for 3008/3176 (with an A01 BP at that), though I'm gonna try to go with some previously delayed flights.. maybe 2842/2287 or 2632/2287 in case 3008 is delayed from the ground delay program.
Persistent snow - good luck to all passing through MDW
================
Due to WEATHER/SNOW-ICE, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Chicago Midway Airport, Chicago, IL (MDW). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 2 hours and 40 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".
==============
any updates regarding tomorrow?

I might try to get on a flight through BWI tomorrow if they let me change.

Should I try, will I have a case?

Tomorrow = December 24
Quote: any updates regarding tomorrow?

I might try to get on a flight through BWI tomorrow if they let me change.

Should I try, will I have a case?

Tomorrow = December 24
I would try to go through BWI if at all possible. I am still at MDW, I got on 2632 and left BNA on the 1:05pm flight which was delayed until 6:55pm.

We got here, and there were no gates available. Looking out my window, there was freezing rain, and 21 SWA jets sitting at the gates and in the taxiways waiting for a gate. We were #7 in line to get a gate, which we got an hour later.

My connecting flight, 3176, is scheduled to arrive at PIT at 4:20am. This has been a rough, rough night for the MDW folks.

num1bearsfan, I can't wait to hear your perspective.