Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

SAV / Savannah Passport Club - Admirals Club members admitted (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2008, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite

Hi All,

I flew out of SAV yesterday and, about 2/3 of the way down the concourse on the left (as you walk away from security), there is a private club open to AC members (and members of other airline clubs). It is nothing special -- just a few chairs and couches and a nice TV (water and hot beverages only), but if you're passing through SAV, you might as well use it. All you do is show your card to the representative at the desk and sign in. I doubt they offer any type of travel assistance.

It's called the Palmetto Club, I think.

Just thought you'd like to know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

The SAV Passport Club is open to all airline club members, including Admirals Club members:

http://www.savannahairport.com/visit...nger_services/

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Dec 13, 2009 at 11:58 pm
Old Dec 16, 2008, 12:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Thanks for sharing the info. I wonder why AA doesn't advertise partnerships like this; presumably they pay something for AC members to be able to use this lounge...
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by njvandy
Thanks for sharing the info. I wonder why AA doesn't advertise partnerships like this; presumably they pay something for AC members to be able to use this lounge...
What's the point in having a benefit and not telling anyone?
Old Dec 16, 2008, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
If it's anyting like DAY, it's something provided by the airport or some local organization. They prefer that you show an airline club membership card but it's actually open to all (self-identified) business travelers and is quite nice as a place to freshen up, change your clothes and grab a cup of coffee. They even have free Internet access.

http://www.daytonairport.com/pages/airport_btc.htm

I was very surprised to come across this in DAY, out of all places.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
In the 1990s one of the North Carolina airports (I think it was GSO, my memory is unclear) had a 'hidden' club room that members of the CO Presidents club could use. The room was not staffed - the door was controlled by a numeric keypad, the combination to which you would obtain from the GA.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 12:33 pm

LEX (KY) has something similar but more elaborate than the description for SAV. It's nicer than some AC's and RCC's.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: Auto shop by CHO Frequent Oil Changer; Kayak Incognito Mode Platinum
Originally Posted by robbeck1
LEX (KY) has something similar but more elaborate than the description for SAV. It's nicer than some AC's and RCC's.
LEX == horse country. They almost certainly make an exceptional amount of money off GA landings during racing season, and for the people in that industry flying commercial, I expect it's worth providing an upscale environment to discourage them from driving to CVG or SDF.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I got the name wrong, it's actually called the Passport Club.

Here is some info:

http://www.savannahairport.com/services.php

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.