Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Ho ho ho! Additional hotelclub member voucher - use by 10 December (get $80 total)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ho ho ho! Additional hotelclub member voucher - use by 10 December (get $80 total)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G

[EDIT: NO LONGER ALLOWED AS PIGGYBACK PROMO. Had worked prior to posting as I had upgraded an account and used it the day I posted]

Apologies for misleading you.

My local source for deals had this one a few days ago.
Use the link in the $50 hotelclub registration (hotelclub.com.au/virgin or other airline bonus for signup) offer, plus this Christmas $30 voucher

All in USD$, for use worldwide.

(Just remember to get the $50 first when signing up, then the $30 bonus).
Expand your idea of a Christmas getaway!
Find Christmas where you least expect it…

Let HotelClub.com lead you somewhere unexpected this festive season with a complimentary $30* Member Dollars voucher which you can use towards your next hotel booking.

Last edited by BiziBB; Nov 18, 2008 at 4:35 pm
Old Nov 18, 2008, 2:50 am

Programs: FB Platinum; BD*Gold; SPG Platinum, PriorityClub Platinum, HHonors Gold...
hi there thanks for posting it. however, it says 'cannot be used inconjunction' with other offers'? how did you manage to get through this? cheers and thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 2:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Except the T&Cs state:

*30 Member Dollars is equivalent to $USD 30. As this is a special offer, there is a maximum 30 Member Dollars per person that will expire on 10 December 2008 and is not to be used in conjunction with any other HotelClub promotion running. Otherwise all standard terms and conditions apply.
Having had the $50 sign-up bonus, it won't allow me to get the $30 additional voucher.

Any work around?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by youfly
hi there thanks for posting it. however, it says 'cannot be used inconjunction' with other offers'? how did you manage to get through this? cheers and thanks!
Same thing happened to me.

Signed up for hotelclub yesterday and used the $50 and today tried the $30 coupon and got "Sorry, this promotion may not be used in conjunction with any other HotelClub promotion"
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by smk48
Same thing happened to me.

Signed up for hotelclub yesterday and used the $50 and today tried the $30 coupon and got "Sorry, this promotion may not be used in conjunction with any other HotelClub promotion"
I saw the thread title and my heart sank because I just booked yesterday and was going to kick myself for pulling the trigger too soon. My hotel would have cost $1.50.

I don't feel so bad now
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
You can't combine the latest two promotions unlike the $49 and $10 promo from July. I already posted that you could not in the $50 HotelClub thread days ago. There was no need for this thread to be started.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CalItalian
There was no need for this thread to be started.
Well...other than the fact that this is a completely different promo; and a pretty significant one at $30/night.

I would recommend a thread title change, though.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by tkey75
Well...other than the fact that this is a completely different promo; and a pretty significant one at $30/night.

I would recommend a thread title change, though.
The link to the $30 promo was already posted in the $50 thread. So, as we say, it's a REPOST.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Technically, yes, but sometimes a new thread is worthy. If even one person who didn't search all 8 pages of the previous thread looking for a deal they didn't even know existed saves $30 by seeing this thread, don't you think it was worth it?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by tkey75
Technically, yes, but sometimes a new thread is worthy. If even one person who didn't search all 8 pages of the previous thread looking for a deal they didn't even know existed saves $30 by seeing this thread, don't you think it was worth it?
No. There is another $49 promo that is better than this one and expires 12/31.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I only posted this one in case it helped someone looking to use it.
Elsewhere the offer has been posted as an $80USD promo (as a combination).

On the first link you will note there are several FFP options eg Virgin, Cathay etc.
Plus others e.g. Optus. Some combos may not work (Virgin, Cathay w. this extra offer) but people who received the $50 a while ago may have luck.

I just put it out in case it helps someone. after all, it's a 60% bonus on top of the original, if you can get it to work with an earlier $50 promo.

I've asked that this thread be killed, to satisfy those of you who were frustrated by the changed offer.

I apologise and will not post any hotel deals again.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by BiziBB

I apologise and will not post any hotel deals again.
Better to have shared with best intentions, than not shared at all. Personally I'd rather you kept sharing. As you say, perhaps some folks with older accounts may find it useful at least. ^
Old Nov 18, 2008, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by BiziBB
EDIT: NO LONGER ALLOWED AS PIGGYBACK PROMO. Had worked prior to posting as I had upgraded an account and used it the day I posted
I think someone appears to be stretching the truth. According to this, they were able to be stacked shorly before the 2:30 AM post time. But, CalItalian and myself both can attest that this is not the case. These offers were never combinable - I repeatedly checked every which combination mid last week, and they always were unstackable.

The OP is either covering up his mistake with a fib, or was successful due to some fluke computer error. My bets are on the former. That said, owning up with an "oops, I was wrong" is more respectable than "they changed it on us!".
Old Nov 18, 2008, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roadtripman
I think someone appears to be stretching the truth. According to this, they were able to be stacked shorly before the 2:30 AM post time. But, CalItalian and myself both can attest that this is not the case. These offers were never combinable - I repeatedly checked every which combination mid last week, and they always were unstackable.

The OP is either covering up his mistake with a fib, or was successful due to some fluke computer error. My bets are on the former. That said, owning up with an "oops, I was wrong" is more respectable than "they changed it on us!".
You seem to be right - I checked my join dates for the $50 promo (Oct 14) so the $50 in our accounts was an expired promo.

Would you like me to post a screenshot or the invoice showing the cost of the hotel less my $80 member dollars?

Sorry I wasted your time, but I can attest that on the day (not the exact hour) of my post I had added the $30 onto my existing $50 member cash and I didn't have the problem of the $50 being an active promo.

I can clear this up a little. Both my own and Mrs' account were Australian-based and created with the $50 credit on October 14[/B].
Thus we may have benefited through our $50 being an expired promo.

Seeing as I have been accused of being a liar, I'm not going to bother with such information here, except to those who I trust will not doubt my intentions and honesty.

Why would I bother lying? I made an error in not checking the exact date of my own $50 credit. Other sites had mentioned the stackability, since chenged to not allow piggybacking.

I only posted because a new FTer recently posted a great hotel deal and a friend benefited. In future you can rely on others to post hotel voucher promos such as this one.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by youfly
As I mentioned above, the $50 in our accounts was from an Oct 14 promotion, so that offer may have expired or some loophole allowed such 'old' $50 promos to be stacked.

I wasn't sure which account was created when, until I searched my mail for the two accounts.

ozbargain.com.au was my source, which until a few days ago, was touting it as an $80 promo. Recently there wasa disclaimer put up that the offer was not stackable, but it did work on my accounts set up with the $50 on Oct, 14.

It is my error in not checking what date the accounts with $50 were set up, but now that you have this information, I hope that I am not branded a liar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.