Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Cincinnati / Blue Ash - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:24 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

Just had a weekend stay at this property.

Just off of I-275, easy on/off. I probably wouldn't stay here if I had business downtown, but if business anywhere else in Ohio near Cinci, I'd stay here again.

6 floor property, bed was a king bed but had "ruts" on either side where people sleep, certainly not the best Hyatt bed I've had.

Outdoor pool, a picnic table chair.

no hot items at breakfast

all usual chains nearby such as Starbucks, Caribou Coffee, Panera. Less than two miles away is Aspara, a very good, upscale Asian & Sushi place, directions/details: http://www.apsaraasiancuisine.com/

Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Blue Ash
11435 Reed Hartman Highway
Cincinnati, OH 45241
Phone: 513 489 3666
Fax: 513 489 4187
Old Oct 23, 2008, 7:04 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Oops - I just realized that I forgot to write a "review" about this property. I had a stay here about a month ago when I lost power for 3 days at home. Typical Hyatt Place but it was the most "worn" Hyatt Place I've been in which was surprising to me since its the latest Hyatt Place to "open" in the Cincinnati area. In one of the elevator cabs the doors are badly scratched and the handrail missing. Overall property certainly did not feel like it just had a renovation.

If you plan on staying at this property and don't know exactly where it is, drive by fairly slowly since the building is set back a little ways from the road (Reed Harman) and only the sign is easily visible on the road itself. Right next door is a Residence Inn with more visibility if you're looking for the Hyatt Place.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
I'm writing this from the hotel, as I'm about to check out. This was the Saturday night of a Cincinnati BWB run, with Friday night downtown at the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati.

Location: This 6 story Hyatt Place, a converted Amerisuites, is in a suburban office park. There's a big sign, but the hotel is back from the street. It uses the same turnoff as the Residence Inn. The Hyatt Place has a big American flag, but the Residence Inn's flag is bigger.
Almost everything nearby needs a car, like most of suburbia. However, there's a Chipotle , coffee shop, and Ruby Tuesday about a 10 minute walk to the south.

Check-in: The gentleman checking me in asked about the 500 point Diamond Amenity. I asked about the G2 bonus listed on goldpassport.com. He said that they had stopped offering it at the end of February, that Hyatt's website was wrong, and that I should call Gold Passport.
The man said that there were youth sports teams staying there, so he was sure to place me on the top floor. It was a different experience than gijoe24jp in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...att-place.html

Common Areas: The sitting area is clean and nice, though hall carpets are somewhat worn. All the handrails are in the elevators, though there are some nicks. I don't think this is a problem, given that I don't spend time hanging out in the halls. The fitness area is small, but guests can go to the nearby Bally's for free, according to the clerk.

Rooms: I like the Hyatt Place king bed layout, which includes a second sink and small refrigerator. With a slightly larger kitchen and more closets, this would be a wonderful basis for studio apartments. Unfortunately, the desk doesn't have a view of the TV - I like the Hyatt Lisle layout a little better. Overall, though, I like this room much more than the older Hyatt Regency Cincinnati.
The bed was a little saggy, showing a couple years of use, but not a big problem. Also, the A/C had the "burnt heat" smell for a couple minutes when turned on. This property is showing a few years of age, but it's still acceptable.

Food: To get above $100 and fully use a 2nd Costco certificate, I ordered some food. The chicken wings were pretty good, but pricey at $6 for 6 wings. The cookie was quite nice. While down there, I saw the night staff handling a bus full of senior citizens who were also staying overnight. (With the youth sports teams, it's a weird contrast.) They did a pretty good job.
As with other Hyatt Places, breakfast is toast, bagels, fruit, cereal, and juice. Hot items are not free. Breakfast ends precisely at 10 AM, 7-10 AM on weekends.

Overall, this is a quality hotel, better for staying than the older hotel downtown. If I had business in the area, I would have no problem staying here. For tourism, I'm not sure; I might prefer the downtown location, given that on weekends they're about the same price.
For BWB weekend runs - building nights for Seoul and Shanghai - if it had kept the G2 the extra $30 worth of points would often push Cincinnati above Indianapolis or Nashville on a price/benefit ratio. (My hometown of Louisville is expensive on many weekends, and Lexington is almost never cheap.) Without it, it will be best less often.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hyatt's website still lists the G2 promotion for this hotel. I will probably call GP after the stay has posted to argue about this. After all, this is the reason why I picked this HP over HR Cincinnati in downtown, since with my corporate rate, both hotels turned out to be the same rate, and HR Cincinnati offers breakfast buffet where as HP breakfast....I am not even going to go into that.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
Hyatt's website still lists the G2 promotion for this hotel. I will probably call GP after the stay has posted to argue about this. After all, this is the reason why I picked this HP over HR Cincinnati in downtown, since with my corporate rate, both hotels turned out to be the same rate, and HR Cincinnati offers breakfast buffet where as HP breakfast....I am not even going to go into that.
The guy I had at check-in suggested that I call, which I'm going to do once the stay posts. He's gotten this question before. It seems that the property thinks it's GP's issue.

EDIT: I got the G2 bonus today, April 1, without calling. I did have it in my online reservation. (It seems like a G2 will stick online with a AAA rate now. Thank you, Gold Passport!)

Last edited by ramolnar; Apr 1, 2010 at 3:18 pm Reason: Recieved G2
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Skymiles Silver
Less than stellar

This property is very worn (ie. stained carpeting, chipped paint, stained tub, old desk, very scratched and dirty elevator & uneven mattress). It is clean, but needs some new furniture & trim. This particular Hyatt place (unlike some newer ones I have recently stayed at) has no upgraded rooms, all are about the same size.

The front desk did not recognize diamond status, but this was quickly rectified by calling the customer service rep on the Hyatt line. Other hotels in the area would leave you better served at a comparable or even slightly cheaper price-point.

Stay - December 9, 2010 - AAA Rate $107+taxes

Update after checking the Hyatt.com rate a few hours after check-in (all rates are quoted for Dec. 9,2010)

The rack room rate quoted on Hyatt.com $89
The AAA room rate quoted on Hyatt.com $80
The AAA room rate when I called the hotel directly $107 (the website was under maintenance when I tried to book online)

Th biggest fool - me!

Last edited by ansonkemp; Dec 9, 2010 at 9:24 pm
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: US. HH Diamond but chasing Hyatt
This property must have been renovated since the last post; the first floor is a little more disjointed than most Hyatt Place hotels that I've seen, but my room is a super typical Hyatt Place room (quasi-suite, kind of clean, bad view, etc) with no signs of wear, really at all.

At check in I was offered a room type I didn't book or a room next to the elevator with a King. I took the elevator room.

Breakfast was technically in compliance with Hyatt Place standards (a few sandwich type hot items) but was in no way above/beyond. Coffee was Seattles Best and was fine. Booze available in the evenings.

The area around the property hasn't changed much since OP. Little chance you'll care if your car is locked, more hotels than places to eat nearby, almost nowhere you'd actually want to eat. Really easy access to I-275, so I scooted a few exits over to grab a meal.

As a previous poster suggested, look for the Residence Inn, the sign for the Hyatt Place is comically large, but still somehow hard to see.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
We do a staycations for mattress runs in the Cinci area. Out of the 4 (HP Mason, HP Florence, HP Blue Ash, HR Cinci), this is probably our least favorite. Pool is outdoor, which precludes the cooler months, and it is in a more industrial area without much around it. We seem to be treated a lot better at the Florence and Mason areas as well. Seen this property as low as $72-76 a night however.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: US. HH Diamond but chasing Hyatt
Just completed a stay at the Hyatt Place Northeast, only a few miles northeast of the Blue Ash location, and there's no comparing the two. I'd much rather drive an extra five minutes to stay at the cleaner, friendlier, newer Northeast property than to stay here again. There's plenty of dinner options at the other property as well, even walkable ones, here there's nothing.

I'd have probably stayed here again in the future if I hadn't stayed there last night, now HP Blue Ash isn't in the running anymore.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:45 am

Anyone stay here recently? Have a stay this weekend but considering a move to the Hyatt Regency downtown
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:38 pm

Just stayed here recently. Terrible place.....

(1) shower faucet was loose from the wall,
(2) there was only 1 shower towel in the room,
(3) bath tub didnt drain,
(4) extra bedding for the sofa bed was absent,
(5) Breakfast offered at 08:00 was eggs, potatoes, leftover pool of yoghurt and whatever leftover bread

At that quality, I guess I could have stayed at econolodge
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Thanks for the update. Have a reservation here next month and might move it now.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:42 am

delete

Last edited by clublevel15; Jun 30, 2022 at 11:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.