Thai Airlines LHR-BKK for £0! (Take #2!)

Subscribe
Thai Airlines LHR-BKK for £0! (Take #2!)

OK, I have seen enough corrupted threads in my time here to recognise one starting to occur.

I could not edit my last was the clue! Just just a blank field. So I went and re-built the original thread below. My experience is when FT updates its files the original thread will just vanish completely and ordinarily can't be recovered by FT staff. That could occur any tick of the clock. Page #5 was not displaying at all. In fact it was going haywire as I tried to paste it all together.

So what we have below in not so easy or attractive to read BUT it is pretty well all there with every post as of a few minutes ago posts. Matthew's original thread had generated about 160 posts in a couple hours so it was motoring along like crazy.

Thanks again to Matthew Clement for posting this neat tip. And if John or Michael from Webflyer fix the original somehow, Moderators please close this one down by all means.

Normal replies can continue on from this lonnnng post.

Glen

=====================

MatthewClement

From: London, UK: UA 1K, KLM Royalwing, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
posted 04-23-2003 08:58 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.thaiair.com is booking C and F class tickets for £0 + £55.20 tax frpm LHR-BKK. Looks like they've mis-loaded the 2-for-1 fare, not requiring the first ticket purchase before allowing the second ticket purchase.

I've just booked two tickets in F to BKK, but since there are no e-tickets on this route I'll need to go to a CTO to collect them. I already hold printed confirmation of the fare and reservation.

I tried to locate the fare in other Amadeus engines, but couldn't find it.

Get going, lads!
[This message has been edited by MatthewClement (edited 04-23-2003).]

IP: Logged

bysa003

posted 04-23-2003 09:17 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is not avail.
Which dates did you try?

ozstamps

From: Sydney OZ. KLM Platinum. UA 1K. SPG & HH Gold. From seat 15B on a 747 near you!
posted 04-23-2003 09:17 AM

Were you booking this direct on Thai website?

MatthewClement

posted 04-23-2003 09:25 AM
Still working for me -- dates in April and May seem to work.
Here's the direct link to the booking site:

https://res.amadeus.net/pl/thaiairwa...avail_only.htm

Try LHR-BKK-LHR, departing 1 May returning 8 May. I get a price of £0.00 + £55.20 tax regardless of whether I choose Y, C or F cabin. So I selected F cabin.

B747-437B

posted 04-23-2003 09:32 AM
Holy Sh!t! Works for me too!

MatthewClement

posted 04-23-2003 09:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by B747-437B:
Holy Sh!t! Works for me too!

Can anyone find a way to get this ticketed without visiting a real human?

callmethecat

posted 04-23-2003 09:44 AM
Has anyone found US departures??

JohnnyP

posted 04-23-2003 09:48 AM
I just booked these on www.thaiairways.com for the end of July -- but look a these conditions:

quote:
Tickets must be collected from THAI city office only, and that office must be in the country where the journey commences.

Does that mean I cannot pick them up?? No luck getting an e-ticket.

[This message has been edited by JohnnyP (edited 04-23-2003).]

ozstamps

From: Sydney OZ. KLM Platinum. UA 1K. SPG & HH Gold. From seat 15B on a 747 near you!
posted 04-23-2003 09:48 AM
TRIP PLAN - thaitobkk
Please print or make a note of the confirmation code(s). You will also receive your reservation by e-mail.For Electronic Ticketing, it will be issued after payment through your credit card is subsequently approved. You are kindly requested to check our E-ticket confirmation message sent to your email

For Glen Stephens
PNR XXXXXX

Total fare for all flights : 55.70 Pounds Sterling

Thursday, 1 May 2003

Thai Airways Intl TG 911
First Status: Confirmed
London /Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom 12:30 Stops: Non-stop
Aircraft: 747
Bangkok /Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand 06:05
+ 1 day(s)

Thursday, 8 May 2003

Thai Airways Intl TG 910
Bangkok /Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand 01:10 Stops: N

christep

posted 04-23-2003 11:29 AM
Great deal! I was wondering how to ticket my return from Europe in July. Now I know (I hope).
If any super generous person in London is going down to the office to collect please could they add me to the list of people who would make it very much worth their while.

Thanks Matthew!

bysa003

posted 04-23-2003 11:32 AM
Unf, I can't go to London myself
Not being US citizen ( just a green card), I need a visa. Anyone can help me out? I can compensate for the inconvinience ( or provide with NYC tour in exchange)

YYCOllie

From: AC-Basic, SPG-Basic, HH-Basic, Fairmont-Basic, Wyndham-basic, AA-Basic, CO-Basic, NW-Basic, AS-Basic, WS-Platinum, UA-Basic, DC-MLC (lounge lizard)
Anyone finding any dates working between Sept 2 and 16?
O

ryan754

posted 04-23-2003 11:33 AM
Can someone shoot me!!! I Gotta be in Europe in June!!! I need to give everyone my personal phone number and credit card!!!

SMessier

From: Get your dweeb on. WAFF Enthusiast. I'm not wrong, I'm out of context!
posted 04-23-2003 11:35 AM
Still working, F, July 23-30.

notsosmart

posted 04-23-2003 11:38 AM
Well, as long as the ID thing is not an issue, I would be extremely grateful if someone could pick up my tickets as well.
My email's in the profile.

LondonElite

The TG CTO is about 5 minutes from my office. I plan on going tomorrow morning to pick up my tickets (and to check if it works!)
I'll let you all know if this is going anywhere or not.

galaba

posted 04-23-2003 11:39 AM
keep trying, they pulled some dates but not all. ust booked August 1-23.

House

posted 04-23-2003 11:40 AM
It seems to have stopped working - just got quoted GBP6200 for F for dates in September and October.

terenz

From: YVR US loyal-but-liquidating cockroach AAPLT going to GLD KLPE HHGVIP
posted 04-23-2003 11:41 AM
Just helpted my sister buy 2 tix for mid-July. She'll try to collect them tomorrow.

YYCOllie

From: AC-Basic, SPG-Basic, HH-Basic, Fairmont-Basic, Wyndham-basic, AA-Basic, CO-Basic, NW-Basic, AS-Basic, WS-Platinum, UA-Basic, DC-MLC (lounge lizard)
posted 04-23-2003 11:42 AM
Booked as follows:
Friday, 12 September 2003

Thai Airways Intl TG 917
London /Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom 21:25 Stops: Non-stop
Bangkok /Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand 15:00
+ 1 day(s)

Monday, 15 September 2003

Thai Airways Intl TG 910
Bangkok /Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand 01:10 Stops: Non-stop
London /Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom 07:15

Thank you FT!!!

Vunder31

Anyone willing to pick up my ticket?
E-mail in profile (nope, don't to publish it in this message. I get enough spam already...).
Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Vunder31 (edited 04-23-2003).]

JSD

From: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Starwood Plat, Amex Plat
posted 04-23-2003 11:45 AM

Anybody know if TG flies to Bora Bora?

flytoeat

posted 04-23-2003 11:46 AM
Got ours! October 3-6, 2 first class seats for 111.40 pounds. Now, how do I explain this to my wife? This should be fun.

lorribarnes

We had better confirm if they need the passport. It states under the rules for this fare as follows: Birth certificates or passports of both infant and child must be shown when you contact THAI office in Thailand to purchase their tickets for travelling on the domestic sector.
Is the domestic sector LHR?

notsosmart

posted 04-23-2003 11:48 AM
Is anyone else seeing a corrupted thread? 4 pages down to 1...

Sparks_flying

posted 04-23-2003 11:49 AM
I just called the UK CTO Reservation number and got a message that their hours that they are open from 8:30-6 pm M-F and Sat 9-1
I then called CTO Administrative/Ticketing and the answering message said that they are open 9- 5:30 M-F

I may make it for Saturday, but probably not Friday. Can anyone confirm that we may be able to purchase tickets on Saturday?

Anyone think LHR might also be a remote possibility?

olafman

From: Toluca Lake, CA - AA2MM PLT,CO Silver, UA 1P, Hilton Gold
This is an interesting one. I've booked a reservation but I really don't think it's going to work.
BOTTOM LINE: Right now we are all holding reservations. We have not entered into any contract with Thai Airways YET! Every time you reserve a ticket, they always say that the fare might change before ticketing.

Tomorrow morning my friend Robin in London will be at the Thai ticket office to give it a college try. But if I were TG, I wouldn't honor any of these reservations.

If they had charged our credit cards, it would be an entirely different thing. I would expect travel.

Needless to say, I got excited this morning and I was reminded how much I enjoy this board!

Danski

posted 04-23-2003 11:51 AM
Of course, one of the big questions that we're wondering about in my office - Will this earn miles?
Danski

DisgruntledGoat

posted 04-23-2003 11:53 AM
What happens if we don't pick up our tickets? Do we effectively forfeit rights? Do we lose our money (if it's not pulled?)?
Can we still check in if we present our PNR?

justforfun

Absolutely unbelievable! Was able to book LHR-BKK for end of May in F.
But am in NYC. Has anyone devised a plan for actually picking-up the tickets in London? If any of our UK friends would be so kind as to help us out, I'm sure you would be nicely compensated(by me at least).

Thanks.

gleff

From: Arlington, VA, - UA 1P, DL Gold, MX Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Ok, let's see if we can get the local London TV news to cover the glitch. Might help get Thai to honor it...

wbflyer

posted 04-23-2003 11:54 AM
Hello! Wow!
I just booked a trip for September.
Is there anybody in London who would be able to pick up my tickets?

I put my credit card in but am not sure if it went through as the payment since it is not offering e-tickets.

Anybody have an idea?

ryan754

Well I booked July 1 - 5. We will see what happens now I need to get back to LON!!!

JAX Flier

From: San Diego (recent transplant), UA Prem Ex, AA Plat, US Chairman's, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Holiday Inn Gold
Still working on some dates. I booked twice, and cancelled one, with a confirmation of TG911 on 3 July to BKK and return on TG910 on 10 July to London.
A call to the 800 number got a rep that said I was the seventh person to call and the US office was checking with BKK to find out how to handle the matter.

I will wait and see, along with everyone else.

------------------
"A Mile here is an Upgrade there!"

Bkniaz

posted 04-23-2003 11:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by notsosmart:

Yes, I am seeing the same thing.

gregseattle

posted 04-23-2003 10:32 AM
excellent find!

gleff

posted 04-23-2003 10:35 AM
I just got 35.70 for June 5-9...
edited -- whoops that was for coach.

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited 04-23-2003).]

Arcolaio99

posted 04-23-2003 10:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gregseattle:
excellent find!

Talked to Thia and they say that ticket has to be paid for and picked up at LHR. The ticket can be picked up by anyone.

YYZC2

posted 04-23-2003 10:37 AM
I can't get through...

SMessier

posted 04-23-2003 10:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Arcolaio99:
Talked to Thia and they say that ticket has to be paid for and picked up at LHR. The ticket can be picked up by anyone.

Paging anyone please!

work2fly

posted 04-23-2003 10:38 AM
OK...here's the scoop from Thai Air:
The ticket must be picked up in London but it may be picked up by a third party. We need to do this within 72 hours.

I would like to try to make it worth someone's effort to pick these tix up for me in London before I book a last minute trip to get them myself...please inbox me if interested.

gleff

How long will the res hold if we have to pay for it in person?

GRM

I'm booked in First - out 23/5, back 6 hours later. Hey, when it's your first mileage run, do it in style
I'm due in London this Friday anyway so I'm going to go along to their CTO - if anyone want's me to pick up tickets for them and mail them, drop me a line.

(Not that I expect Thai to honour them, but stranger things have happened. Not many, but still....)

yevlesh2

posted 04-23-2003 10:39 AM
Just booked 2 tickets for mid-july. Now the question is how the heck will I pick them up.

nerd

posted 04-23-2003 10:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gleff:
How long will the res hold if we have to pay for it in person?

The confirmation I got says they have to be picked up before the 26th.

YYZC2

posted 04-23-2003 10:40 AM
Got through... thx
[This message has been edited by YYZC2 (edited 04-23-2003).]

YYZC2

posted 04-23-2003 10:42 AM
I can be at LHR tomorrow morning!

DisgruntledGoat

posted 04-23-2003 10:42 AM
Even if this doesn't get accepted, the rush is still worth it.

> Trip Plan for: Mr DisgruntledGoat
> Travel Name : bangkok
>
> Reservation Number: YOMAMA
>
> Total fare for flight reservations:55.70 Pounds Sterling including
> tax
(87.03USD)
>
> Flight reservations:
> 14 Sep Thai Airways Intl Flight:TG911
> From: Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom
> To: Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand
> Departing: 12:30 Arriving: 06:05
> Status: Confirmed
>
> Flight reservations:
> 19 Sep Thai Airways Intl Flight:TG916
> From: Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand
> To: Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom
> Departing: 12:30 Arriving: 18:35
> Status: Confirmed

SMessier

posted 04-23-2003 10:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DisgruntledGoat:
Reservation Number: YOMAMA

Same as mine!

bseller

anyone still able to book this??? I haven't had success with "various" dates in July/Aug/November...
Thanks in advance...Dave

pmcg

Just booked 03 May 21:30 returning 05 May 01:10 in F and got confirmation.
pmcg

kempis

posted 04-23-2003 10:44 AM
I have now three tickets(just create a new profile if you would like to book more then two the same day).
8-22/7
22-25/7 and 11-16/8

Yes I will be flying back to BKK with the same flight that I arrive in LON at. Did anyone leave any credit card information when you made your booking?

To bad that e ticket was no possible on this route. If e ticket would have been possible I would say we would have been all set. I wonder what TG staff in LON will say about this but why cant TG send you the tickets?

fly co to see the yanks

posted 04-23-2003 10:45 AM
i priced september 25-30. it worked, 110 pounds for two people london to thailand. wow.
didn't buy because i can't get the time off work, but it's amazing.

ozstamps

posted 04-23-2003 10:47 AM
Booked May, July and August, 2 persons each date, all in Confirmed First Class at £111.40 total inc taxes per booking of 2 persons. Amedeus CONFIRMS each booking when aked via web link below.
================================================== =====

THAI FLIGHT RESERVATIONS

Check your E-ticket status at :
www.checkmytrip.com

You may contact THAI Flight Reservation at :
[email protected]

================================================== ======

Your travel itinerary Add to calendar

Traveler: OZSTAMPS
Frequent flyer: Thai Airways Intl - TGUA01479xxxxx

Traveler 2: JOH

Reservation code: XXXXXX
Reference: Thai Airways Intl - XXXXXY

FLIGHT RESERVATION
Thai Airways Intl TG 911 Sunday, August XX, 2003
From London / Heathrow (LHR), London United Kingdom 12:30 PM
Terminal: 3

To Bangkok / Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok Thailand 6:05 AM
Terminal: 1 (Monday)

Status Confirmed
Cabin First
Aircraft Boeing 747 All Series Passenger
Flight duration 11:35
Mileage 5946 miles Disclaimer
Stop(s) 0
Meal Meal
Seat(s) - Non-smoking
- Non-smoking

Thai Airways Intl TG 916 Saturday, August XX, 2003
From Bangkok / Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok Thailand 12:30 PM
Terminal: 1

To London / Heathrow (LHR), London United Kingdom 6:35 PM
Terminal: 3

Status Confirmed
Cabin First
Aircraft Boeing 747 All Series Passenger
Flight duration 12:05
Mileage 5946 miles Disclaimer
Stop(s) 0

TRAVEL PROVIDER
THAI WEB
THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL

BANGKOK, THAILAND
Tel: 662-628-2000

Link to us Copyright © 2002 Amadeus Global Travel Distribution. All rights reserved.

Alysia

I just book for a trip May 25-29. I couldn't get first so I took business class.
Now I just need someone to pick up my ticket for me.

f4free

Just booked June 7 and back June 9
Flight 1 Saturday, 7 June 2003

Thai Airways Intl TG 911
Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom 12:30 Stops: Non-stop
Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand 06:05
+ 1 day(s)

Flight 2 Monday, 9 June 2003

Thai Airways Intl TG 916
Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand 12:30 Stops: Non-stop
Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom 18:35

yevlesh2

posted 04-23-2003 10:48 AM
Yep, worked July 12 - uly18

Mr. Pickles

posted 04-23-2003 10:50 AM
If you click on the conditions tab you getPenaltiesfor Adult:
1 - PSGR P1-4 ADT RULES DISPLAY
FARE COMPONENT 1 ADT LONBKK TG ART PU 1 N
NET: 2756.00
PUB:
FCL: ART TRF:1004 RULE: 0396 BK: A PUBL:TG BKK
PTC: ADT-ADULT FTC: FR -FIRST CLASS RESTRICTED
PE.PENALTIES
NOTE -
CNL :TOTALLY UNUSED TKT REFUND FEE USD30
:PARTIALLY USED TKT BASED ON NML FARE CAL
PROC OF ACT FLOWN SEG FOR SAME TYPE FARE
LAYOVER AT CARR EXPENSE IS NOT PERMITTED.
CHNG:RBKG/REVALID-PERMITTED AFT TKT ISS N BFR
DEP:WHEN NO CHNG IN FARE CAN DO UPON LCL
TKTG PROC:IF CHNG IN FARE TKT MUST BE
REFUND:AFT DEP IF ORGN RBD IS AVBL,RBKG
IS PERMITTED EXCEPT IF MENTIONED IN RULE:
IF ORGN RBD NT AVBL,APPLY LCL PRACTICE OR
CTC ISS OFC FOR AUTH OF ADD PAYMENT.
REROUTING:TKT IS NON REROUTABLE.
1 - PSGR P1-4 ADT RULES DISPLAY
FARE COMPONENT 2 ADT BKKLON TG ART PU 1 N
PUB:
PE.PENALTIES
NOTE -
CNL :TOTALLY UNUSED TKT REFUND FEE USD30
:PARTIALLY USED TKT BASED ON NML FARE CAL
PROC OF ACT FLOWN SEG FOR SAME TYPE FARE
LAYOVER AT CARR EXPENSE IS NOT PERMITTED.
CHNG:RBKG/REVALID-PERMITTED AFT TKT ISS N BFR
DEP:WHEN NO CHNG IN FARE CAN DO UPON LCL
TKTG PROC:IF CHNG IN FARE TKT MUST BE
REFUND:AFT DEP IF ORGN RBD IS AVBL,RBKG
IS PERMITTED EXCEPT IF MENTIONED IN RULE:
IF ORGN RBD NT AVBL,APPLY LCL PRACTICE OR
CTC ISS OFC FOR AUTH OF ADD PAYMENT.
REROUTING:TKT IS NON REROUTABLE.

Surchargesfor Adult:

Not applicable to this fare.

notice that it says FTC: FR-First Class Restricted then it says the refund fee is 30 USD. I know that it isn't to much to eat on the chance of a 14,000 dollar flight, but you should atleast be aware. BTW this one also price out at 0 dollars plus tax each.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Pickles (edited 04-23-2003).]

bpauker

posted 04-23-2003 10:52 AM
Bought two of these bad boys
5/24 - 5/26
7/1 - 7/6

Should be fun to see if they honor this!! Now who in London wants to help us all get our tix? I will fly to London this weekend if I have to to pick these up myself. Anyone know the hours of the CTO there?

SMessier

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pickles:
I know that it isn't to much to eat on the chance of a 14,000 dollar flight, but you should atleast be aware

But I would expect that if the ticket is not issued (because you don't go to LON or whatever) no "refund" need apply perhaps?

dsimon

quote:
Originally posted by work2fly:
OK...here's the scoop from Thai Air:
The ticket must be picked up in London but it may be picked up by a third party. We need to do this within 72 hours.

Wait. It needs to be ticketed (with a reservation hold) within 72 hours, or it needs to be picked up in person within 72 hours of ticketing? Sorry, I am little confused and am frenetic about putting this together.

Thanks in advance.

YOWkid

posted 04-23-2003 10:53 AM
Just got it for 55.70GBP going May 31 and returning June 2...
I didn't give my credit card number and it went through -- is this not strange?

kempis

posted 04-23-2003 10:53 AM
I called my work(some people knows where I work) a few minutes ago and they could see the booking with the reservation I gave them and the fare is indeed 0GBPP
So where to credit the miles? I guess I need to print all rules regarding the booking. Should be fun to fly to LON on saturday to pick up some tickets.

I guess we can always blame that we thought that demand for Asian travel was very low and this was a way for TG to increase passengers.

Jenbel

posted 04-23-2003 10:54 AM
I got 24th May-1st June ok. Now, change of plans to get to London for Saturday for ticketing! My confirmation e-mail just said within 72 hours of booking.

BackOfTheBus

posted 04-23-2003 10:57 AM
Booked 2 tickets for Aug 14-19
Thanks

naxos

posted 04-23-2003 11:00 AM
Just booked july 6 return july 22 in First. Now I need help picking them up- it says by April 26. I did not leave credit card info- Is anyone going from DC area- I have the time to go to LHR but so far no ticket for the next 3 days. Any help will be appreciated- Any suggestions welcomed

GRM

quote:
Originally posted by bpauker:
Anyone know the hours of the CTO there?

Office: THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL
Address: 41 ALBEMARLE ST.
LONDON W1S 4BF
Phone1: (44) (0) 20 7491 7953

I just called. Answer machine says they're open Mon-Fri 9.00 - 5.30. Not open weekends, which you need to remember given all the tickets booked today are coming up as 'must be collected by Sat 26th'

[This message has been edited by GRM (edited 04-23-2003).]

ozstamps

quote:
Originally posted by nerd:
The confirmation I got says they have to be picked up before the 26th.

Yes, that seems about right reading the rules - "72 hours" ... WHERE did it say that on your "confirmation"?

www.thaiairways.com/flying/booking.htm#Terms

Paper Ticket Collected at THAI Ticket Office

Advance reservations can be made a minimum of 72 hours and a maximum of 11 months prior to departure.

Payment must be made and tickets collected within 72 hours of making your reservation except as otherwise stated in the "Last day to Ticket" notification under FLIGHT ITINERARY & FARES page.

Tickets must be collected from THAI city office only, and that office must be in the country where the journey commences.

Payment methods depend on local procedures of each THAI office.

To ensure that you get the fare as quoted and displayed by the system, the reservation should be made immediately thereafter.

The last point seems to imply that when you DO make reservation you WILL "get the fare as quoted and displayed by the system."

NOWHERE in all their terms and condtions does it say:

1. Only ticketed pax can collect tickets.

2. Any ID needs to be provided by person collecting tickets.

================================================== =============

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 04-23-2003).]

bseller

posted 04-23-2003 11:01 AM
Booked LHR-BKK Oct 11 - Oct 13, F class, 0 GBP + taxes.....
ONLY problem is this: Needs to be ticketed by Saturday, April 26...IN LONDON.

Desperately seeking someone willing to pick up tix and get beers in return!
Thanks in advance and Best wishes, Dave

notsosmart

posted 04-23-2003 11:02 AM
I think they just pulled it. I was changing dates and *poof* gone!

Anyone else still getting lucky? Dates?

f4free

Just got another one.

lorribarnes

Can anyone pick these up in London for me? I would help with airfare etc? Thanks..Lorri
[This message has been edited by lorribarnes (edited 04-23-2003).]

KeepTraveling

posted 04-23-2003 11:03 AM
Just booked my ticket..This is so fun and quite a rush.

18 May Thai Airways Intl Flight:TG911
To: Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand
Departing: 12:30 Arriving: 06:05

Flight reservations:
23 May Thai Airways Intl Flight:TG910
To: Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom
Departing: 01:10 Arriving: 07:15

KT

kempis

I guess TG will be very happy tomorrow when they found out how many F class tickets they sold today. Must be a new World Record
It would be very intresting to find out what will happen when the first person tries to buy the ticket.

Anyone knows if TG has a system so they could find all A class bookings made online today? Otherwise it could take quiet some time to find them all.

JohnG

Just booked to biz class, first was gone.
Does it say the fare class on any of your confirmations ? I cant find it on mine ?

f4free

Total fare for all flights: 55.70 Pounds Sterling

Flight 1 Saturday, 14 June 2003

Thai Airways Intl TG 911
Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom 12:30 Stops: Non-stop
Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand 06:05
+ 1 day(s)

Flight 2 Monday, 16 June 2003

Thai Airways Intl TG 910
Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand 01:10 Stops: Non-stop
Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom 07:15

LondonElite

Going August Bank Holiday weekend for £55!
Cheers Matthew!

gleff

posted 04-23-2003 11:04 AM

quote:
I think they just pulled it. I was changing dates and *poof* gone!

Anyone else still getting lucky? Dates?

Keep trying dates.

June 5-9 still worked for me just now.

Mr. Pickles

This same thing happened to me a year and a half ago. I found two tix on TAP from JFK-LIS for 0 dollars plus 27.86 in taxes. I called about 5 times to confirm the flights. They billed my CC for 55.72 and gave me my seat assignments. Even called the morning of the flight to confirm. Then I drove for 3 hours to JFK. When I got there they called me over to a different counter and said the computer screwed up and the wouldn't honor them. They did offer me the buy one get 1 free special at the counter of 500 dollars. I was pretty pissed that I confirmed it more than once and even the day of, but there was nothing I could do. Especially as I had already booked hotels in Portugal and what not. Same thing happened to a couple next to us. But they did give us upgrades to BIZ class (it was a two class plane). BTW: This was THE worst BIZ class I can imagine for a transatlantic flight, awful decor, awful seats, awful IFE, mediocore food, poor service. Still better than coach though and especially at 250 dollars each!

SMessier

quote:
Originally posted by kempis:
I guess TG will be very happy tomorrow when they found out how many F class tickets they sold today. Must be a new World Record

I bet it is!

work2fly

posted 04-23-2003 11:05 AM
Well, it appears several of us have our reservations and a few of us can make it to London to pick up the tickets.
If someone makes it to the Thai office today, would you let us know if they honored the tickets?

Many thanks,

Ron

maple

posted 04-23-2003 11:05 AM
Still works for Aug/Sept. But I am not going though. Have fun!

yevlesh2

posted 04-23-2003 11:07 AM
Can anyone pickup the tickets from London? I am in Washinton DC, but can drive up to PHL or anywhere nearby to pick them up from you.
Thanks! Awesome deal!

f4free

posted 04-23-2003 11:08 AM
Anybody going to the ticket office today? Please send me an e-mail!!!

Alysia

posted 04-23-2003 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by f4free:
Anybody going to the ticket office today? Please send me an e-mail!!!

Same here!

whyyzman

posted 04-23-2003 11:11 AM
I just got a reservation - outbound May 17, back on the 19th
Now to get ahold of someone in London to get my tickets.

yevlesh2

posted 04-23-2003 11:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alysia:
Same here!

Alysia, you are in DC? If you find someone who can pickup the tickets, please drop me a note. I will do the same

globalflight

Looking for someone in London to pick-up my tickets. Offering FedEx and anything you want bottle of booze, dinner, almost anything you can think of.
Thanks in advance.

johnep1

I grabbed LHR-BKK in first on 10/11 and returning on 10/19.
I found a flight from IAD-LHR to leave tomorrow and pick the tickets up for $621. If no one else can make it, I would be willing to fly there to pick these up if people would chip in a few bucks.

Otherwise, I would be willing to chip in if someone else would pick up my tickets.

[This message has been edited by johnep1 (edited 04-23-2003).]

bocastephen

posted 04-23-2003 11:14 AM
I just tried it for dates in May, August and September...no dice
I think they pulled it...now the big question is, will they honor the tickets already sold?

nerd

posted 04-23-2003 11:15 AM
Will they allow us to give our credit card number over the phone, and then have someone else pick up the tickets in LHR for us? Or do we have to go to LHR, credit card in hand, etc. ??

naxos

posted 04-23-2003 11:15 AM
Yevlesh and Alysia and other DC folks- I still have no ticket to London- but do have the time to go- any suggestions/
Anyone who is able to get these ticketed please email me I would hate to go and not have them honored. Thanks

Linda

Cohiba

posted 04-23-2003 11:16 AM
First off, cheers to Matthew for the post!
I have a reservation, or two, and have noted a couple posters from the DC area interested in finding ways to pick these up. I'm considering going myself, but I think it will be difficult to manage.

I'd like to know beforehand, however, that Thai will honour these.

Tips, suggestions, information...I'm all ears.

Chris

[This message has been edited by Cohiba (edited 04-23-2003).]

SMessier

posted 04-23-2003 11:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bocastephen:
I think they pulled it...now the big question is, will they honor the tickets already sold?

5 mns ago -- July 23-30, still working in F.

[This message has been edited by SMessier (edited 04-23-2003).]

lorribarnes

Everyone be carefull and note that the passports must be presented for ticket pickup. Lorri

quote:
Originally posted by naxos:
Yevlesh and Alysia and other DC folks- I still have no ticket to London- but do have the time to go- any suggestions/
Anyone who is able to get these ticketed please email me I would hate to go and not have them honored. Thanks

Linda

KeepTraveling

I tried to re-buy for the same dates, but appears to be gone..
Fun while it lasted..

KT

DisgruntledGoat

posted 04-23-2003 11:18 AM
If someone would be a dear to pick mine up, I'd be more than happy to provide meals, money, stuff from Chicago - you name it.

teahan

posted 04-23-2003 11:18 AM
Hmmm had a £50 fare a few minutes ago but now seems to be gone.
Jer

notsosmart

posted 04-23-2003 11:19 AM
Well that was fun while it lasted. I had the res right in front of me - went back to change the return date, and it was all gone. I must have tried 50 date combos in the past ten minutes, and nothing.
Well, at least I'm not a * member, so I won't have to go and cry now.

whyyzman

posted 04-23-2003 11:20 AM
I booked May 17 - 19th in F with no problem. Can anyone help me pick-up these tickets? Happy to provide some compensation. I am in Toronto.
FYI been on FT for 2 years, changed nick last month due to harassment issues on a different forum.

Cheers

Spider

Booked 2 tix. Seems that the price has risen to 6204.70 GBP.

Jenbel

Honouring? could get interesting. If we had already paid, then I think we'd be covered by trading standards (unless aviation is exempt, or there is a surcharge clause somewhere). Under advertising law in the UK, they are not allowed to advertise at one price, only for it not to be available. The price you see is the price you get, but they are not obliged to sell any at that price - in other words they can't sting us for more but they can refuse to sell them, and once (if?) we have/get the tickets then that should be it. But this is from my understanding of retail legislation, and I'm sure there are other more knowledgeable people on the board. Will try and sweetalk friends tonight into getting them tomorrow and see what happens

Cohiba

posted 04-23-2003 11:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lorribarnes:
Everyone be carefull and note that the passports must be presented for ticket pickup. Lorri

Lorri,
Can you elaborate on where you found this out? Other information in this thread points to a third party pickup being completely within the rules.

Chris

johnep1

posted 04-23-2003 11:22 AM

quote:

How do you know that passports must be presented? If true, that changes things quite a bit.

bysa003

posted 04-23-2003 11:23 AM
I called to US LA office
No lick - gotta go to LON

peteropny

From: CVG - DL-PM, Hyatt-Diam, Hilton-Gold, Avis-PrefSelect,Hertz -#1Gold,National-EC,*Agree to CC *
posted 04-23-2003 11:24 AM
Just confirmed 2 seats in F for 7/3-9.

lorribarnes

posted 04-23-2003 11:24 AM
It was on the ticket rules..

quote:
Originally posted by Cohiba:
Lorri,
Can you elaborate on where you found this out? Other information in this thread points to a third party pickup being completely within the rules.

Chris

notsosmart

posted 04-23-2003 11:25 AM
Holy Cr@p, still good:
Thai Airways Intl TG 911
London /Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom 12:30 Stops: Non-stop
Bangkok /Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand 06:05
+ 1 day(s)
Wednesday, 6 August 2003
Thai Airways Intl TG 910

lostInspace

just booked this for dep july 2-29 for a honeymoon, of course i'm in the US so anyone who can pick these up please email me!

[email protected]

THanks!

f4free

I am in ZRH. Could go tommorow morning if I'm back by noon, which is doable.

Mileage Maniac

Just booked 10/10 to 10/18!
Booked two tix, but I don't know who I'll want to take with me. I know this sounds crazy, but, does anyone know if the names can be changed on tix? I've never had reason to change a name, so I have no idea.

Thanks for posting this deal! Now I just have to arrange for someone to pick these up...

RTWSTARALLIANCE

posted 04-23-2003 11:27 AM
If someone will be in LHR to pick up tickets before the reservations expire please contact me via e-mail at- [email protected] . I WILL make it worth you while for me and my friend.

galaba

posted 04-23-2003 11:28 AM

quote:
posted by SMessier:5 mns ago -- July 23-30, still working in F.

still working, other dates don't

ozstamps

posted 04-23-2003 11:28 AM

quote:

Sorry - - - I think this is quite wrong. You are reading rules re DOMESTIC tickets.
As I posted earlier:

www.thaiairways.com/flying/booking.htm#Terms

Paper Ticket Collected at THAI Ticket Office

Advance reservations can be made a minimum of 72 hours and a maximum of 11 months prior to departure.

Payment must be made and tickets collected within 72 hours of making your reservation except as otherwise stated in the "Last day to Ticket" notification under FLIGHT ITINERARY & FARES page.

Payment methods depend on local procedures of each THAI office.

To ensure that you get the fare as quoted and displayed by the system, the reservation should be made immediately thereafter.

The last point seems to imply that when you DO make reservation you WILL "get the fare as quoted and displayed by the system."

NOWHERE in all their terms and condtions does it say:

1. Only ticketed pax can collect tickets.

2. Any ID needs to be provided by person collecting tickets.

=========================================

christep

posted 04-23-2003 11:29 AM
Great deal! I was wondering how to ticket my return from Europe in July. Now I know (I hope).
If any super generous person in London is going down to the office to collect please could they add me to the list of people who would make it very much worth their while.

Thanks Matthew!

bysa003

Unf, I can't go to London myself
Not being US citizen ( just a green card), I need a visa. Anyone can help me out? I can compensate for the inconvinience ( or provide with NYC tour in exchange)

YYCOllie

Anyone finding any dates working between Sept 2 and 16?
O

ryan754

posted 04-23-2003 11:33 AM
Can someone shoot me!!! I Gotta be in Europe in June!!! I need to give everyone my personal phone number and credit card!!!

SMessier

posted 04-23-2003 11:35 AM
Still working, F, July 23-30.

notsosmart

Well, as long as the ID thing is not an issue, I would be extremely grateful if someone could pick up my tickets as well.
My email's in the profile.

LondonElite

The TG CTO is about 5 minutes from my office. I plan on going tomorrow morning to pick up my tickets (and to check if it works!)
I'll let you all know if this is going anywhere or not.

galaba

posted 04-23-2003 11:39 AM
keep trying, they pulled some dates but not all. ust booked August 1-23.

House

posted 04-23-2003 11:40 AM
It seems to have stopped working - just got quoted GBP6200 for F for dates in September and October.

terenz

From: YVR US loyal-but-liquidating cockroach AAPLT going to GLD KLPE HHGVIP
posted 04-23-2003 11:41 AM
Just helpted my sister buy 2 tix for mid-July. She'll try to collect them tomorrow.

YYCOllie

Booked as follows:
Friday, 12 September 2003

Thai Airways Intl TG 917
London /Heathrow (LHR), London, United Kingdom 21:25 Stops: Non-stop
Bangkok /Bangkok Int'l (BKK), Bangkok, Thailand 15:00
+ 1 day(s)

Monday, 15 September 2003

Thai Airways Intl TG 910

Thank you FT!!!

Vunder31

Anyone willing to pick up my ticket?
E-mail in profile (nope, don't to publish it in this message. I get enough spam already...).
Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Vunder31 (edited 04-23-2003).]

JSD

From: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Starwood Plat, Amex Plat
posted 04-23-2003 11:45 AM

Anybody know if TG flies to Bora Bora?

flytoeat

Got ours! October 3-6, 2 first class seats for 111.40 pounds. Now, how do I explain this to my wife? This should be fun.

lorribarnes

We had better confirm if they need the passport. It states under the rules for this fare as follows: Birth certificates or passports of both infant and child must be shown when you contact THAI office in Thailand to purchase their tickets for travelling on the domestic sector.
Is the domestic sector LHR?

notsosmart

posted 04-23-2003 11:48 AM

Sparks_flying

I just called the UK CTO Reservation number and got a message that their hours that they are open from 8:30-6 pm M-F and Sat 9-1
I then called CTO Administrative/Ticketing and the answering message said that they are open 9- 5:30 M-F

I may make it for Saturday, but probably not Friday. Can anyone confirm that we may be able to purchase tickets on Saturday?

Anyone think LHR might also be a remote possibility?

olafman

From: Toluca Lake, CA - AA2MM PLT,CO Silver, UA 1P, Hilton Gold
This is an interesting one. I've booked a reservation but I really don't think it's going to work.
BOTTOM LINE: Right now we are all holding reservations. We have not entered into any contract with Thai Airways YET! Every time you reserve a ticket, they always say that the fare might change before ticketing.

Tomorrow morning my friend Robin in London will be at the Thai ticket office to give it a college try. But if I were TG, I wouldn't honor any of these reservations.

If they had charged our credit cards, it would be an entirely different thing. I would expect travel.

Needless to say, I got excited this morning and I was reminded how much I enjoy this board!

Danski

posted 04-23-2003 11:51 AM
Of course, one of the big questions that we're wondering about in my office - Will this earn miles?
Danski

DisgruntledGoat

What happens if we don't pick up our tickets? Do we effectively forfeit rights? Do we lose our money (if it's not pulled?)?
Can we still check in if we present our PNR?

justforfun

Absolutely unbelievable! Was able to book LHR-BKK for end of May in F.
But am in NYC. Has anyone devised a plan for actually picking-up the tickets in London? If any of our UK friends would be so kind as to help us out, I'm sure you would be nicely compensated(by me at least).

Thanks.

gleff

Ok, let's see if we can get the local London TV news to cover the glitch. Might help get Thai to honor it...

wbflyer

Hello! Wow!
I just booked a trip for September.
Is there anybody in London who would be able to pick up my tickets?

I put my credit card in but am not sure if it went through as the payment since it is not offering e-tickets.

Anybody have an idea?

ryan754

Well I booked July 1 - 5. We will see what happens now I need to get back to LON!!!

JAX Flier

From: San Diego (recent transplant), UA Prem Ex, AA Plat, US Chairman's, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, Holiday Inn Gold
Still working on some dates. I booked twice, and cancelled one, with a confirmation of TG911 on 3 July to BKK and return on TG910 on 10 July to London.
A call to the 800 number got a rep that said I was the seventh person to call and the US office was checking with BKK to find out how to handle the matter.

I will wait and see, along with everyone else.

------------------
"A Mile here is an Upgrade there!"

Bkniaz

posted 04-23-2003 11:55 AM

quote:

Yes, I am seeing the same thing.

================================================== ========

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 04-23-2003).]
Booked two tickets:
12 Sept - 15 Sept

Booked one ticket:
23 Oct - 26 Oct.

Hopefully Girlfriend YYCOllie will be able to pickup in LHR. Already paid for on c/c. Here's to hoping.
booked 2 tickets:

October 9 - October 18
Thanks OZ. FYI I received a couple of e-mails and have been referring them to the first e-mail sent to me. May I suggest that person make themselves known herein if they wish.
The main question here in my office (other than if these will be honored or not) is, of course, will these tickets earn miles?

Danski
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Danski:

The main question here in my office (other than if these will be honored or not) is, of course, will these tickets earn miles?

Danski</font>
Well it says they do on the link I added above.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come visit HERE the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Fare basis is AWB0. As far as I can see the fare basis of the two for one is ACN and ACP00.

Could this be another special price?
Tried booking for numerous dates in May...

Seems like the fare is all gone...
I just tried to book a second ticket, showed at 55 p but when I went to the booking sheet, it came back at over 6,000. Looks like they fixed it.

Cr@p
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">originally posted by YYCOllie:

Already paid for on c/c. </font>

you were able to pay with credit card??? Earlier posts said you couldn't so I didn't even try.

[This message has been edited by galaba (edited 04-23-2003).]
YCCOllie, how do you know your card has been charged?
Unless I'm new, they took my c/c to confirm and pay...

Should have saved screen printouts, but I have emailed confirmations, and I might take screenshots of the checkmytrip.com AMADEUS itins..

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by galaba:
you were able to pay with credit card??? Earlier posts said you couldn't so I didn't even try.

</font>
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by galaba:
Quote:
originally posted by YYCOllie:

Already paid for on c/c. </font>

[This message has been edited by galaba (edited 04-23-2003).]
The website is VERY confused about this, but it seems to me that even if you enter credit card details, you will not have been charged. Charging is only allowed, according to their terms and conditions, for eticket routes, and London is not yet an eticket destination for Thai.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kempis:

Fare basis is AWB0. As far as I can see the fare basis of the two for one is ACN and ACP00.

Could this be another special price?</font>
Martin, you are probably the only one among us who can decipher the following, but this was what they STATED the fare basis/rules were to me on website when I booked:

Sales Restrictions for Adult:
1 - PSGR P1-2 ADT RULES DISPLAY
FARE COMPONENT 1 ADT LONBKK TG ART PU 1 N
PUB:
SR.SALES RESTRICT
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31OCT03.
TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN UNITED KINGDOM.
1 - PSGR P1-2 ADT RULES DISPLAY
FARE COMPONENT 2 ADT BKKLON TG ART PU 1 N
PUB:
SR.SALES RESTRICT
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31OCT03.

TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN UNITED KINGDOM.

===============================

Have not posted in code capture form as it will make page read too "wide" most likely.

I booked a pair (for me and the GF) in October, didn't give my credit card (thought that was just for etickets), if anyone can pay and pick this up for me in London by Saturday I'd appreciate it! Please email me for the res # and to discuss arrangements if you can help.

Thanks!
andrew
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  11