Amenity Kits

Subscribe
Hi,

Travelled a lot over the last year and have now amassed quite a few first class amenity kits. (Including 12 of the new lufthansa suitcase kits).

Most of them are unused - does anyone know a website / place that deals in them?

I was going to pop them on ebay - which I guess would be my last option.

Anyone .. .. .. ?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong thread)
moonflyer, I'm going to move this over onto Travelbuzz, since it isn't quite appropriate for Communitybuzz! Hopefully the good people over there will be able to answer your query

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!
What do you mean "deals" in them? Do you want to donate them to a charity? sell them for a profit? I am a bit confused.
Since I travel with my own "stuff" and eyeshades, I donate them to our local homeless shelter, along with unused hotel soaps and shampoo.

They really appreciate it.
Quote: What do you mean "deals" in them? Do you want to donate them to a charity? sell them for a profit? I am a bit confused.
Given that the OP was suggesting e-bay, I am guessing a profit motive. I seriously doubt that too many bidders will pop up.
I save them up and give them to friends and family when they travel. Family trips are usually in coach, so the only way they will get an amenity kit is to bring their own.
I give all mine away. No need for a website to do that.
Indeed, donate them to a local homeless shelter or charity.

Give them to people going on a missions/humanitarian trip...the nature of these trips often places their raise-your-own-funds-to-go participants flying in coach and would likely appreciate them.

PLENTY of disaster-related needs for cool acts of kindness with them these days.

Airboy's got a great idea of pairing them with hotel soaps & shampoos.

Or, use up all the "product" out them and keep the containers as in-home organizers for small stuff, cables, adapters, etc.
I remember seeing these on eBay but this was around five years back. I normally empty the contents and keep the kit as a memento. I got into this phase of collecting them a while back, that is when I tried to buy a few from eBay but then decided against it as I wanted to have my own collection. They used to sell for around $15-25 per kit.

Try putting them up on there, I am sure you will get a buyer.
Quote: Hi,

Travelled a lot over the last year and have now amassed quite a few first class amenity kits. (Including 12 of the new lufthansa suitcase kits).

Most of them are unused - does anyone know a website / place that deals in them?

I was going to pop them on ebay - which I guess would be my last option.

Anyone .. .. .. ?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong thread)
I give the kits to employees from our company. Also I had given a few kits to some FTs. No need for me to put them on ebay.
I usually keep a few to use for myself and just give the others away. I do regularly run across these on a popular online bidding site here in Japan (while on the search for travel-related items). They are usually offered for only a few bucks each, and even then never seem to receive any bids.
Quote: Indeed, donate them to a local homeless shelter or charity.
I also have started collecting all the hotel soaps and shampoos, etc, and give them to local shelters.
Like many others I give mine to friends and family when they travel
Unless they are very special in some respect (design, functionality, etc.), I leave them behind. I never check baggage (unless forced to do so) so I do not yhave room for any excess junk.
+1 for the local shelter or charity