Which will give most miles?

Subscribe
Hope you all can help me decide between taking AA or TWA for an upcoming trip. I have a little over 20,000 miles with TWA so no status (all by flying). I need to go from MCI to CMH in November. I know that I can get 1000 miles for on-line booking. I have also signed up via AA.com for the 2500 bonus miles promo ROOMY. I also have a little over 20,000 miles with AA (none by flying) and should qualify for the 20/20 promo. Obviously, all these miles will become one. My question is whether I will recieve any more miles flying TWA vs. AA for this trip. It may be a wash either way with no status, but I thought I would check with the experts so I can maximize my mile options. TWA of course has the easiest flight route - not that that matters when there are miles involved! Thanks for any help you can provide.
Not counting the ROOMY bonus, TWA would earn you more miles as each flight gives you a minimum of 750 miles credit as opposed to 500 on AA.

Of course, with elite status and other bonuses, things could change.

In some cases, it becomes tricky.. for example, I am Elite on TW (25% bonus) and Platinum on AA (100% bonus). This weekend, I took a trip on TWA STL-DCA. Which credit should I get?

* AA would give me actual miles (a little over 700) plus a 100% bonus.

* TWA would give me 1000 miles (minimum for an Elite member) but only a 25% bonus.

I chose to get TW credit, because even though I end up with slightly fewer miles, I get more qualifying miles for Elite status.

Greg
Thanks Greg. One more question. The 750 miles given by TWA, is that for each segment since I transfer planes in St. Louis? I know that is how United does it, but wasn't sure about TWA. Thanks again, it looks like I'll be taking TWA miles!
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by msrohud:
The 750 miles given by TWA, is that for each segment since I transfer planes in St. Louis?</font>
Yes, unless your flight # stays the same for both segments (i.e., direct flight).