Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

How to easily check redemption availability on LX

Old Aug 23, 2008, 10:59 am
Original Poster

If you dont have an active M&M account, then checking LX redemption availability is a pain. You cant just join M&M and start checking, as you need to have "activated" the account with a valid flight before you can see redemption availability.

Additionally, it doesnt feature on ANA website checker, and hence also doesnt feature on KVS. You can however get it via ExpertFlyer, but will cost you $5 per month.

The work-around that I used was mentioned deep in a thread recently, but I thought i'd expand and make it obvious for the masses:
If you register on the childrens version of M&M, www.jetfriends.com then this gives you access to the availability checker on the main M&M site without having to take a validating LH flight. The registration is instant, however you will have to wait for the Jetfriends welcome letter in the post which will contain you M&M account number and PIN.

Hope this helps. ^
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:22 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Nice find - thanks for sharing! ^ I think GoldCircle Jnr. will be joining another FFP today.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Thank you kryten22uk for the info.

Ł2.74 a month until junior turns 2 isn't going to break the bank though, and you can cancel at any time.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 10:44 pm

Handy to know, thank you!
Old Aug 24, 2008, 1:12 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
If you dont have an active M&M account, then checking LX redemption availability is a pain. You cant just join M&M and start checking, as you need to have "activated" the account with a valid flight before you can see redemption availability.

Additionally, it doesnt feature on ANA website checker, and hence also doesnt feature on KVS. You can however get it via ExpertFlyer, but will cost you $5 per month.

The work-around that I used was mentioned deep in a thread recently, but I thought i'd expand and make it obvious for the masses:
If you register on the childrens version of M&M, www.jetfriends.com then this gives you access to the availability checker on the main M&M site without having to take a validating LH flight. The registration is instant, however you will have to wait for the Jetfriends welcome letter in the post which will contain you M&M account number and PIN.

Hope this helps. ^
Thank you ^
Old Aug 24, 2008, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Good info indeed ^
Old Aug 24, 2008, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Many thanks for this^
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:00 pm

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Having read through the TCS for the programme, at no point does it mention that said teenager has to be a human. Therefore, as his guardian, I have just given consent for my elderly dog to become a proud member of jetfriends. No doubt he will greet the arrival of his membership pack with the usual gusto he reserves for the postman.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 1:01 am
uk1
Suspended

For what it's worth ..... and it might be worth it to someone!

I have an M&M active account but have never taken a qualifying flight - as all my recent LH and OS flights have been redemptions.

However on my last Vienna visit I used the OS site to book limo transfers and they gave the option to add my M&M number. At this point the M&M account was "inactive" as no qualifying miles earning on travel had taken place. On my return I discovered that the limo transfer transaction had made the M&M account active and I am now able to add LH and OS redemption flights and can easilly check-in online using the M&M portal and print off BPs etc.

I mention this only as there might be other benefits for an active account for adults (apart from saving the $5 monthly) that I cannot think of and this is another way of activating the account.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 2:33 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I was just wondering what "availability" does one see, if they do this through the M&M site/s??

Do you get all the classes of travel listed, along with the number of seats being offered for sale/award travel?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 3:11 am

Programs: BA, PC, HH
Btw, 'a junior I know' signed up around a month ago and has still not received a pin by mail. Anyone know how long it typically takes?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mr_Bigglesworth
Btw, 'a junior I know' signed up around a month ago and has still not received a pin by mail. Anyone know how long it typically takes?
Took about a week for me.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I was just wondering what "availability" does one see, if they do this through the M&M site/s??

Do you get all the classes of travel listed, along with the number of seats being offered for sale/award travel?
You enter where you want to go, when, how many tix and in what class. The site then tells you the options if there are any. If not then you can reduce the number of tickets, or the route etc and re-check. This is much the same as the BA search engine (should that be of use to you!).
Old Aug 29, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
You enter where you want to go, when, how many tix and in what class. The site then tells you the options if there are any. If not then you can reduce the number of tickets, or the route etc and re-check. This is much the same as the BA search engine (should that be of use to you!).
But do you see the class (for business: Z, C, J, D, I) using this method?

If not, then it really might not provide a realistic picture of the load on the flight - but if you simply want to see award availability, and it shows it to you, that's good! (That's what the OP wanted anyway!)
Old Aug 29, 2008, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
But do you see the class (for business: Z, C, J, D, I) using this method?

If not, then it really might not provide a realistic picture of the load on the flight - but if you simply want to see award availability, and it shows it to you, that's good! (That's what the OP wanted anyway!)
I dont get what you mean? Its a redemption availability checker, and these usually dont reference flight loads.

You can check normal loads via the usual method on KVS etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.