Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

LHR T5 & JFK Concorde Rooms - Access for BA F only (not EXP) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, United, Continental

We are flying AA in First from ORD to LHR overnight, arriving in the a.m. and connecting with BA ClubEurope to Paris. I have read where posters state that we may have access to the Concorde Room, and should have access to the BA First Lounge, since the long-haul portion on AA was in First. We are both AA Platinum.

Has anyone been admitted into the Concorde Lounge with a similar itinerary, while flying the long haul portion in AA First rather than BA First?

Thanks

Last edited by dstan; May 19, 2009 at 10:04 pm Reason: updated thread title and restored OP title
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
You must be in BA F to access the Concorde Room. Neither of your flights are BA F.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
You must be in BA F to access the Concorde Room. Neither of your flights are BA F.
Correct. The Concorde room is a non-first, non-business club so it is not subject to OW admit policies. The only way to gain admission is with a BA First class ticket on a three glass plane.

EDIT: CHANGED 'NOW' TO 'NOT'......BIG DIFFERENCE!

Last edited by DillMan; Aug 9, 2008 at 12:55 pm
Old Aug 8, 2008, 3:17 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Originally Posted by DillMan
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61i)

Correct. The Concorde room is a non-first, non-business club so it is now subject to OW admit policies. The only way to gain admission is with a BA First class ticket on a three glass plane.
Now I hope that when I drink more than 3 glasses that I still will be admitted to the club. Guess it matters if I drink them in first or business.

JBa
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I think DillMan meant the Concorde Lounge is NOT a oneworld lounge... but hey, I'll have three glasses and ask for admission to. Anything specific? Will Moët do?

Arriving in AA F or departing in BA CE will definitely not open the Concorde Lounge doors for the OP. Platinum / Sapphire (or no status) plus fifty dollars per person will open the doors to the AA Arrivals Lounge in T-3 on arrival, natch, and on departure to the not-so-bad Galleries Club lounges (link.)

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 8, 2008 at 9:50 pm Reason: correct per nsr
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:53 pm
nsr

Originally Posted by JDiver

Platinum / Sapphire will open the doors to the AA Arrivals Lounge in T-3 on arrival
I thought that the arrivals lounge is only for J/F pax (status is irrelevant) arriving with AA.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nsr
I thought that the arrivals lounge is only for J/F pax (status is irrelevant) arriving with AA.

Yes, that's correct. Only F and J passengers (any inventory) get free access to the Arrivals Lounge at LHR.

Other pax (even elites) must pay US$50 plus VAT for access.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 9:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You are quite correct - I changed my reply from class flown to status, and of course status (or even non-status) will get you into the Arrivals Lounge if you have the right kind of ID: a properly engraved picture of President Grant - a fee of USD $50, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by nsr
Old Aug 9, 2008, 12:23 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by DillMan
The only way to gain admission is with a BA First class ticket on a three glass plane.
Don't forget that BA also has 4 class planes, or did you mean 3 glass panes?
Old Aug 9, 2008, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Actually, BA's three-class planes don't have F, so you'd have to be travelling F on a four-class plane to get CR access.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS

Originally Posted by JDiver
I think DillMan meant the Concorde Lounge is NOT a oneworld lounge... but hey, I'll have three glasses and ask for admission to. Anything specific? Will Moët do?

Arriving in AA F or departing in BA CE will definitely not open the Concorde Lounge doors for the OP. Platinum / Sapphire (or no status) plus fifty dollars per person will open the doors to the AA Arrivals Lounge in T-3 on arrival, natch, and on departure to the not-so-bad Galleries Club lounges (link.)
The scroll function on my new phone prevents me from easily seeing what I typed when using FT mobile. 30hrs without sleep doesn't help either. Sigh

now I'm embarassed.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 3:46 pm

LHR T5 Concorde Lounge Acess?

I am EXP (OW Emerald) and will be transiting LHR on AA (ORD-LHR-MUC) next week. With a 2 hour layover in T5, will my companion and I have access to the Concorde Lounge? We will be traveling in J on the AA portion and in Y on the LHR-MUC portion of our itinerary. I read the previous posts, but not clear based on OW status. Thank you.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The short answer is:

The Concorde Room is *NOT* a oneWorld Lounge, therefore, no access based on OW status is granted. Only passengers flying BA First on longhaul segments (paid or award) are admitted to the CCR.

if time permits. you will be welcomed to use your choice of the Galleries First and/or the Galleries Club lounges.

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Dec 8, 2008 at 3:56 pm
Old Dec 8, 2008, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Chrisw94
I am EXP (OW Emerald) and will be transiting LHR on AA (ORD-LHR-MUC) next week. With a 2 hour layover in T5, will my companion and I have access to the Concorde Lounge? We will be traveling in J on the AA portion and in Y on the LHR-MUC portion of our itinerary. I read the previous posts, but not clear based on OW status. Thank you.
No. Concorde Room is only for pax traveling in BA F. Period. The end.

Don't fret as the adjacent BA F lounge is plenty good enough. ^
Old Dec 8, 2008, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA 2P, Bonvoy Gold
The BA First lounge in T-5 is the nicest airline lounge I have yet to experience anywhere. Trumps even Virgin's in T-3. You and your companion will have a fabulous time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.