Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

T5: October 1st (according to Barger)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)

Unless he was just guessing, from his CNN appearance on Larry King last night (according to the transcript).

"BARGER: Yes, it's a -- well, first of all, from our, again, our home in New York -- and we'll open a new terminal in about 60 days, October 1st, as a matter of, the new building here at Kennedy Airport."

If thats right, I will be using the new terminal after just 2 days of operation. I fly on the 3rd first as an originating passenger, and then that evening as a connecting passenger. Hopefully they've got it all working by then!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 1:06 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
By coincidence, I am on a flight 10/1! I really hope mine is one of the first operating there that day, would be pretty cool!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I think the first flight to arrive in the new terminal will be flight 90 arriving from Oakland at 523AM. It was mentioned on a.net that the ribbon cutting ceremony will be held on the 22 September. 1,000 people will be recruited to do a test run through the terminal in advance of the opening. Smaller groups have already been run throughs or will be soon. All of the monitors and equipment have already been tested.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
I think the first flight to arrive in the new terminal will be flight 90 arriving from Oakland at 523AM.
AFAIK, it's flight 98 from DEN arriving at 5:24 am, though that could have changed.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hard to believe that this slipped out so nonchalantly during the interview like this. The JetBlue marketing machine is usually so good at managing the message and getting it out on their schedule and in their time-frame. This being the first public official statement (that I've seen) just seems amateur in some ways to me. That being said, I now need to start planning for an all-nighter on 9/30 to hang out and watch the opening/move and take it all in.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
By coincidence, I am on a flight 10/1! I really hope mine is one of the first operating there that day, would be pretty cool!

Whilst it will be nice to get into our new terminal, I will be surprised if its anything but a cluster to start!!!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Hard to believe that this slipped out so nonchalantly during the interview like this. The JetBlue marketing machine is usually so good at managing the message and getting it out on their schedule and in their time-frame. This being the first public official statement (that I've seen) just seems amateur in some ways to me. That being said, I now need to start planning for an all-nighter on 9/30 to hang out and watch the opening/move and take it all in.
Our marketing department has issues. They spent $13 on a failed ad campaign to tell people not to fly JetBlue. Did I miss something??? Perhaps this $13 million would have been better spent on internal communications software. Oh Yeah......HAPPY JETTING!!!!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 7:43 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
we were delayed on one of my last few flights and all it said on the screen for a good amount of time was "Thank You For Not Flying"

Great... rub it in why don't you!

--Russ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.