Jerry's Got A Gun

Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Jerry's Got A Gun

What's with Jerry Lewis carrying a gun at Las Vegas Airport? One would think that by now any law abiding citizen or resident knows that hawks masquerading as TSA agents are waiting for those who temporarily lost their senses at security check points at U.S. airports. Maybe too many years of comedy routines affected his senses?

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian Jerry Lewis was detained by police in Las Vegas late last week when airport screeners found an unloaded gun in his baggage, authorities said on Tuesday.

Lewis, 82, had a small .22-caliber handgun when he arrived at the security screening area on Friday at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, said Officer Ramon Denby, a spokesman for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.

The comedian was briefly detained and the gun was seized. Lewis was cited for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, Denby said.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080729/people_nm/lewis_dc
Old Jul 30, 2008, 1:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=850001
Old Jul 30, 2008, 3:18 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't visit newsstand, so I'm happy to see the article linked here.

I suppose the "I forgot" excuse works pretty well at age 82 . . .
Old Sep 20, 2008, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Charges dismissed; Jerry walks

LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas judge has dismissed a firearms charge against entertainer Jerry Lewis. Las Vegas Justice Court Judge Karen Bennett-Haron dismissed the case Friday after attorneys agreed to let the 82-year-old comedian off without fines.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080920/...le_jerry_lewis

TSA will probably levy the maximum civil fine, however.

Given that the DEN screener Crabtree brought a LOADED gun to the checkpoint and wasn't charged, it's only fair that Lewis not be charged.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 5:49 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Given that the DEN screener Crabtree brought a LOADED gun to the checkpoint and wasn't charged, it's only fair that Lewis not be charged.
Nor was he fired.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:57 am

Programs: UA, SWA, HA, Qantas
Originally Posted by caveman42
no one should be carrying guns in the air.

even if your Jerry Lee Lewis
Jerry Lee be the singer. Jerry Lewis is the telethon guy/comedian/old guy with gun in bag.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What happened to caveman's post? I was all set to welcome him to Flyertalk but his post is gone.

Anyway, if he's lurking, Welcome to Flyertalk.

IIRC, Jerry Lee Lewis had some handgun troubles in the past, no?

Maybe guys named Jerry Lewis should be on the watch lists for lotsa extra screening.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA, SWA, HA, Qantas
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Maybe guys named Jerry Lewis should be on the watch lists for lotsa extra screening.

Well, last time I had a flight with Jerry Lewis onboard he did have to be wheeled up to the gate in a wheel chair. I am sure he got extra special attention at the exit lane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.