Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NEW! PerkPass domestic now costs only 40K!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW! PerkPass domestic now costs only 40K!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Smile NEW! PerkPass domestic now costs only 40K!

Actually 20K per direction, provided that all flights on that segment are on NW metal. If any partners are used, that segment (half round trip) still costs 25K.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
Strange, I just noticed this myself.

Nice I guess, although if I'm booking in Economy I'm pretty much always going to go with PerkSaver.

Seems like such a strange move considering all of the trimming lately. It almost worries me.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
It's all relative.

It all hinges on PerkSaver availability. If they further restrict PerkSaver options and force folks to book PerkPass, NW still comes out ahead with the reduced award levels. So don't post the smiling face until we see how this all plays out!
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:51 pm

Is this something that has been posted officially (link please)? Or have they made this change without announcing it anywhere?

I posted on a seperate thread how it appears that it now appears to cost 25,000 miles each way for a Perksaver if it includes both NW and partner metal, but there is nothing on the website about this... I'm still not sure whether it's a problem with nwa.com or a secret change to the Worldperks program.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Brendan
Actually 20K per direction, provided that all flights on that segment are on NW metal. If any partners are used, that segment (half round trip) still costs 25K.
Now this is what I call EXCITING!
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:04 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Brendan
Thanks OP.

Just saved 5000 miles on a trip in October.

Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:08 pm
Company Representative - Northwest Airlines

Programs: NW WorldPerks
PerkPass Test

We are currently testing some new award travel redemption possibilities. The number of miles needed to purchase a PerkPass ticket could be less than the published amount (Depending on the origin/destination, and seat availability for that particular flight).
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This is an interesting development.

I just hope this isn't some example of "harmonization" with the upcoming changes to DL's FFP.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by NW scoop
We are currently testing some new award travel redemption possibilities. The number of miles needed to purchase a PerkPass ticket could be less than the published amount (Depending on the origin/destination, and seat availability for that particular flight).
I wonder if this implies that booking award tickets last minute on flights that have a lot of availability will be a lot cheaper. Even if PerkSaver isn't available, PerkPass may be available at a substantial discount.

Very interesting indeed.

-RM
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Is this some indication that the strategic goal is to have every segment/direction being payable via different methods? I can imagine the matrix getting complex, yet having a full set of options to "pay with" (revenue, PerkSaver, PerkPass, $+miles, etc) gives the consumer quite a bit of power over their purchasing experience.

As long as revenue segments get EQM, FT will flip over this.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
This is an interesting development.

I just hope this isn't some example of "harmonization" with the upcoming changes to DL's FFP.
We all already know the answer to that one...

Steve B.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:37 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by idomoneus
I posted on a seperate thread how it appears that it now appears to cost 25,000 miles each way for a Perksaver if it includes both NW and partner metal, but there is nothing on the website about this... I'm still not sure whether it's a problem with nwa.com or a secret change to the Worldperks program.
This would be unfortunate - Perksaver costing as many miles as a Perkpass award? Sounds like they are already moving toward the DL model
Old Jul 22, 2008, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1.1MM
INTL as well

Similarly just saw a 70k PerkPass to India (instead of usualy 90k o/w).
Old Jul 22, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
I don't get how this is good for us ... shouldn't NW just release more PerkSaver award (which still cost less than discounted PerkPass) when there are lots of "seat availability for [a] particular flight?" This is probably what NW did in the past, and it is somehow spinning this more expensive (for passengers) proposition as an enhancement.

How about reducing the amount of miles needed for PerkSaver awards on flights with very light loads?

Old Jul 22, 2008, 5:58 pm

Programs: NWA WorldPerks
A perkpass ticket booked in "y" class will be exempt from an additional luggage fee whereas a perkpass ticket booked in "v" will have to pay the luggage fee. 10k miles to NW is equal to $30.00.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Every now and then there is some good news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.