Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MUC / Munich oneworld Lounges (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2008, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, (AC)
MUC / Munich oneworld Lounges (consolidated)

Will be flying on BA from Munich to LHR (departing MUC Terminal 1). Are there any One World lounges in Terminal 1 at Munich? BA Galleries perhaps? Royal Jordanian maybe? Iberia? ANy lounge location information/details would be appreciated.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 4:22 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
ba.com lists "The Galleries Club Lounge" at Munich. Presumably, this is in T1, since that's where BA operates from.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...ublic/en_gb#eu
Old Jul 20, 2008, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Last time I flew from Munich (May), BA used the DL Crown Room Club. It was rather awful.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 8:26 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stratofortress
Last time I flew from Munich (May), BA used the DL Crown Room Club. It was rather awful.
Same in February. Even had time to go looking and see if there was "something else." It beat the terminal, but not by much.

Cheers.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
From www.oneworld.com...

Galleries Club Lounge
Location details: Terminal D level 5

Opening hours: Daily 06:00-21:30

Europa Lounge*
Location details: Terminal D

Opening hours: Daily 06:00-22:00

Operated by a third party on behalf of: Finnair

FMG Lounge*
Location details: Terminal C

Opening hours: Daily 06:00-21:00

Operated by a third party on behalf of: Iberia

Delta Airlines Crown Lounge*
Location details: Terminal 1B Level 5,

Opening hours: Daily 06:10-21:40

Operated by a third party on behalf of: Malév

Delta Airlines Atlantic Lounge*
Location details: Terminal 1B Level 4, Terminal 1C Level 4

Opening hours: Daily 06:00-21:00

Operated by a third party on behalf of: Royal Jordanian

* At peak periods, access to certain lounges may be restricted due to capacity constraints. Access is available on the day of departure when the next onward flight is with a oneworld member airline. Access may not apply at a limited number of third party lounges.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:48 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by stratofortress
same in march. at least u can get some drinks and a snack before u board the plane and save urself a bit of money from the stands below
Old Jul 20, 2008, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, (AC)
Originally Posted by SanDiegoDallas
Galleries Club Lounge, Terminal D level 5
Europa Lounge, Terminal D, Operated by a third party on behalf of Finnair
FMG Lounge Location details, Terminal C, Operated by a third party on behalf of Iberia
Delta Airlines Crown Lounge, Terminal 1B Level 5, Operated by a third party on behalf of Malév
Delta Airlines Atlantic, Terminal 1B Level 4, Terminal 1C Level 4, Operated by a third party on behalf of Royal Jordanian
THANKS. I found the above at the One World site as well. I was aware of only two terminals at MUC "Terminal 1" and "Terminal 2." Accoding to OW, BA Galleries Lounge is in "Terminal D Level 4." WHere is Terminal D at MUC?
Old Dec 11, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA 4.0 MM Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by chanp
same in march. at least u can get some drinks and a snack before u board the plane and save urself a bit of money from the stands below
A BA Galleries lounge is now open (and was open at least as early as September of this year) right next door to the Delta lounge in 1B; used it this past Monday.

Basically one room, but comfortable, with plenty of beverages and somewhat more limited snacks.

Shares WC facilities with the Delta lounge, out in the hallway.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:10 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
(I know this is an older thread, but I figured I'd provide some more recent/updated info for those who may want it.)

The BA Galleries lounge is located in Terminal 1, Module B. After you clear immigration and security at 1B, take a left and head to the end of the terminal. You'll follow a dingy hallway and go up an old elevator (or take the stairs on the side). Just follow the signs to the BA Lounge down the small hallway. (The Delta lounge is no longer there.)

The BA Galleries lounge probably seats 50 or so. The furnishings are nice and don't feel old; don't let the depressing 1970s hallway outside fool you. There are 6-8 computer workstations set-up. Wifi is available; just ask the front-desk for the code. Basic Galleries food set-up: espresso/cappuccino machine with biscuits, finger sandwiches, small hot food buffet (3-4 items). Also standard bar set-up: beers, soft drinks, and tonic in the fridges; wine and spirits on the counter.

WC is outside of the club. Take a left as you go out the doors; they're right next to the elevator.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:23 am

Actually really perfect timing! Just was checking on the BA lounge in MUN for a trip at the end of October... Do you know if it still opens at 6 am? Have an early flight 7 am to LHR...
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:55 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I didn't check the hours, but I would presume it's open that early since BA does have that early morning Heathrow flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.