Wiki Posts
Search

DL ending all service to TOL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AirTran
Thumbs down DL ending all service to TOL

DL was down to three connection flights from CVG. Now, as of Sept. 1, those will be no more, according to the Toledo Blade and TV station WTOL. Only daily service to TOL will be from DTW on Northwest and from ORD on AA.

Toledo Blade story on DL's departure

Question: What is DL's procedure to take care of those who had flights to TOL booked with SkyMiles?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:45 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Delta forum in particular, HackyMcHack!
Originally Posted by HackyMcHack
Question: What is DL's procedure to take care of those who had flights to TOL booked with SkyMiles?
Delta Air Lines may refund your SkyMiles based on the unusual circumstance of eliminating all flights to or from a destination, or they may re-route you on a SkyTeam partner such as Northwest Airlines.

Call Delta Air Lines and speak to a representative regarding this issue to find out all of your options.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Delta Air Lines may refund your SkyMiles based on the unusual circumstance of eliminating all flights to or from a destination, or they may re-route you on a SkyTeam partner such as Northwest Airlines.

Call Delta Air Lines and speak to a representative regarding this issue to find out all of your options.
DL may also offer alternative flights out of DTW.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: Skyteam
What's next? Kalamazoo, Lansing and Flint?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Soon it'll be DL flights to DTW.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Glad my Tol flight is the next few weeks... now i know better.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:27 am
Original Member

Heard Lansing is killed off as well.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:35 am

Programs: Skyteam
Great, Lansing is gone too! I can't see how Flint or Kalamazoo can be profitable if Lansing isn't.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 11:56 am

Programs: DL GOLD
This is really just a foreshadowing of the death of CVG. Best connecting airport in the US is going away slowly.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by ToledoRocket
This is really just a foreshadowing of the death of CVG. Best connecting airport in the US is going away slowly.
You're already too late on that front; the best connecting hub ever had to be US Airways's Pittsburgh operation post 1993, which was more or less one piece, whereas CVG is spread out over not one, not two, but THREE terminals. The new DTW is also very good though, and MSP is a quality operation as well.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by GSP flyer
You're already too late on that front; the best connecting hub ever had to be US Airways's Pittsburgh operation post 1993, which was more or less one piece, whereas CVG is spread out over not one, not two, but THREE terminals. The new DTW is also very good though, and MSP is a quality operation as well.
The only annoyance with CVG is really the shuttle bus to concourse C for the RJ's. If you only had to be in either B or A concourse the time from gate to gate is quite quick - you can get anywhere in less than 10 min easily. Even with a shuttle to C can take as little as 15 gate to gate if you time it right.

Never had to connect in PIT though - only flights there were destination flights to there.

Personally I'll be glad if DLNW reduces CVG flights to the point where the airport authority is forced to bring in some LCC's to compete. I like DL, but they gouge O&D passengers in the CVG market, which is why most drive to DAY and pay half the price (some with DL, some with FL).
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:30 pm

Oh toledo. I remember the days when there were mainline flights into TOL. 3x daily to ATL on DL, a mix of Fokkers and 737s to PIT on US. When I worked for Comair in 2004, we had 14 daily flights (4x ATL, 10x CVG) on DCI metal, with three overnights.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the days of the RJ (well at least the 40/50 seat) are about to be over. And any market that is served by these aircraft only are about to go the way of the dodo.

Not that this surprises me at all. For those who know me, I was always the first one to cheerlead for this airport. But when TOL had the chance to grow, much to the likings of CAK, it didn't. The good ol' boys in the Port offices were content with what they had. And while CAK will still have Frontier (DEN), AirTran(ATL, BOS, LGA, MCO), United Express (ORD), and USAirways Express (CLT, PHL), what will Toledo have? American Eagle (ORD), Mesaba (DTW), and 4x/week on G4.

I wish every one of those OH employees well and good luck. I know most of them, and I am sad for them.

5SP
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:38 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by bearcat74
The only annoyance with CVG is really the shuttle bus to concourse C for the RJ's.
AND having no CRC in concourse C.

What will the Mud Hens and their fans do now??
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
AND having no CRC in concourse C.

What will the Mud Hens and their fans do now??
Partly the reason why there is a CRC located right at the top of the escalators from where there is a bus stop in the B concourse. Not gonna lie, but there is absolutely zero room for a CRC in the C concourse. And if you think about it, even if they took out one of the restaraunts, and replaced it with a CRC, members would complain that it is too small. The sheer number of people that traverse through that concourse makes it impratical.

5SP
Old Jul 8, 2008, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ToledoRocket
CVG is my least favorite US airport. If CVG got rid of terminal C, it would be fine, but if I travel through CVG I have at least one Comair segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.