Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Aryaduta Jakarta - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT

Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

I thought I would do a review of this hotel as there one hasn't been done before.

The Hotel

The Hotel Aryaduta is located at Tugu Tani in Central Jakarta, within walking distance of the US Embassy and the main train station. It is also fairly close to Menteng which has a lot of nice restaurants and Plaza Indonesia which is the most upmarket mall in the city

Check-in

Check-in was quick and efficient. We requested a Tugu Tani facing room on a high floor and both of these requests were met.

The room

Our room on the 16th floor was quite stylish in some ways but also a little dated. The furnishings were in good repair and the room was spotless but the mini bar must be at least 20 years old and wasn't really very cold.

The design of the room is also a little strange in the windows are smaller than they have to be (similar to the Hotel Borrobudur) which makes the room feel a little boxy. I was also surprised to see that the air-conditioning and electricity aren't controlled by a key card.

Hotel facilites
The pool area is very nice and features a good sized pool, a childrens pool and also a hot spa (jacuzzi) nicely situated under a flowering tree. The hotel gym is very well equipped and one of the best I have used. The club lounge is located on the 16th. I had a quick look and it looked fairly basic and is very small.

Food and beverage

The room service we ordered was delivered promptly and was presented well. They forgot to bring the ice cubes we requested with our order and they were apologetic and bought them up when they collected the tray. The buffet breakfast was also good.

Value

As an Indonesian resident I'm able pay the 'local' rate at hotels. The Aryaduta works out to be about US$60.00 including breakfast for a standard double. The hotel is great value for this price. I wouldn't be as enthusiastic for if I was paying the hyatt.com price of about $100.00.

Overall impression

I thought the hotel was good all in all. It is a better hotel than the Sheraton Media, which is the only other international hotel in the same price range. The hotel doesn't make much of the connection with Hyatt and I wouldn't be surprised if it left the group at some stage as the Aryaduta chain is expanding rapidly (within Indonesia) and none of their other properties are managed by Hyatt.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Thanks for the review. I've seen & heard of this property and always wondered how it is. I've only stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Jakarta (except for 1 short stay at the Mandarin Oriental). Sounds like, as you said, this property may soon split from Hyatt.

The thing I would be most interested in is whether you rec'd your Hyatt points/benefits for status with the stay without any issues.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

I don't have any status with Hyatt but, I asked about diamond treatment and they said they always "looked after the diamond members very well".

The Hyatt branding at this property is very limited. There's just a few flags at the front of the hotel and "managed by Hyatt" is written in small writing at the bottom of hotel brochures and advertising posters.

If you didn't know about the Hyatt connection it would be entirely possible to miss it. This is part of what makes me think they may be planning to leave the group.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 9:29 am

The hotel rooms are very old and tired looking, unless you happen to stay on the renovated 11 or 12 floors (designated club floor).

The lounge, as mentioned above, is tiny; during cocktails hours, you will get one hot items and a few other canapes like mini salmon burger.

This hotel is definitely not 5 stars as advertised, more of a 3-stars motel.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aircoco
The hotel rooms are very old and tired looking, unless you happen to stay on the renovated 11 or 12 floors (designated club floor).

This hotel is definitely not 5 stars as advertised, more of a 3-stars motel.
Level 16 is also a club level. My room was on this level and this is the club I'm referring to.

I really can't agree that this hotel is like a 3 star motel. Definitely not a 3 star motel in Indonesia anyway.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 6:09 am

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
This was a very fashionable hotel about 25 years ago when there were few choices other than HI, the Hilton, the Borobudur , the Sari Pacific and the President. It used to have a very famous jazz bar ( the Green Door?) and a great Japanese restaurant ( still there I believe). While I haven't stayed there for at least 20years, i did recently have the chance to take a chopper from the roof helipad...quite a buzz.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 10:05 am

Diamond treatment is definitely one of the worst among the Hyatt I'd stayed. They tried to offer either the room upgrade or regency club upgrade option. No double upgrade, according to them, for Diamond.

So, if you book the cheapest room, and expect to go to the regency club on the 16th floor, then you will stuck with a moldy room.

Expect your AC to be non-functioning too. (at least 50% of the time, this is the case for me).
Old Oct 10, 2008, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This hotel will cease to be a Hyatt effective 1 Nov 2008.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by beacon88
This hotel will cease to be a Hyatt effective 1 Nov 2008.
Then any new Hyatt regency at Jakarta ?
Old Nov 8, 2008, 2:48 am

Only left the Grand Hyatt Jakarta, it's a pretty good hotel in a central location.
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:40 am

Unhappy

That`s mean it make us much more difficult to make any FFN run in Jakarta at the future.

Only left the Grand Hyatt Jakarta, it's a pretty good hotel in a central location.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by ronaldko
That`s mean it make us much more difficult to make any FFN run in Jakarta at the future. Only left the Grand Hyatt Jakarta, it's a pretty good hotel in a central location.
LOL, as long as you have a sense of humour, I should read these sites before I set out, the last cheap Hyatt in Asia for FFN's bites the dust, damm!!
Old Nov 23, 2008, 6:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hyatt in other parts of Indonesia and Malaysia are still pretty cheap.

Try Hyatt Kota Kinabalu or Hyatt Bali.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.