LX: Swiss carrier takes up easyJet price gauntlet

Subscribe
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by padams:
aaaaaaaaaaaaargh stupid Swiss:

" Note to members of Swiss TravelClub: On flights with Swiss Easy Savers you can earn Club Miles as usual. Bonus Miles are not awarded, however, for e-booking, e-ticket and e-check-in with these flights. "

Silly and stingy !

PA
</font>
Stupid indeed...

They want to compit with EasyJet. So since EasyJet have no FF program they are doing the same...

What a shame...

kooks. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mad.gif
Good grief, what a nightmare booking GVA-LHR RT on this offer. They certainly don't want to make it easy to actually get the flights at this price. I thought using the internet was supposed to make things easier. The only airline booking site that really works is that of easyJet.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Concerto:
Good grief, what a nightmare booking GVA-LHR RT on this offer. They certainly don't want to make it easy to actually get the flights at this price. I thought using the internet was supposed to make things easier. The only airline booking site that really works is that of easyJet.</font>
I agree. EasySaver from Swiss should be a lot more flexible to really compit with EasyJet or BA or even AirFrance...on route such as LHR, Paris or Barcelona.

kooks.
I have often had trouble using the LX web site. Easyjet's web site is a breeze and quick.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bretteee:
I have often had trouble using the LX web site. Easyjet's web site is a breeze and quick. </font>
I totally agree, but Swiss has a lot more flights and routes then EasyJet so maybe more time to find your requested flights...

kooks.
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kooks:
... Swiss has a lot more flights and routes then EasyJet so maybe more time to find your requested flights...

kooks.
</font>
Well, that's debatable. Worldwide, yes, you may be right. After all, EZ don't fly to EZE http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif. But within Europe, easyJet has far more routes and excellent frequencies. Just check www.easyjet.com and compare.

Also, they have over 40% of the GVA-UK market - LX 20% - and a far more efficient website.

And if you're comparing EZ flights ex GVA, the 'low' LX prices are only offered on EZ routes, it seems.
Incidentally, for those who don't know, here are the correct 2 and 3 letter designators for the easyJet group:

U2 = easyJet
BH = easyJet Switzerland (formerly TEA Basel AG)
EZS = easyJet Switzerland
EZY = easyJet
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Concerto:
Incidentally, for those who don't know, here are the correct 2 and 3 letter designators for the easyJet group:

U2 = easyJet
BH = easyJet Switzerland (formerly TEA Basel AG)
EZS = easyJet Switzerland
EZY = easyJet
</font>
Thanks...

kooks.
I should probably add (wandering a bit off the topic here) that the only place I have seen the U2 code used is at Nice airport, on boarding passes and departure boards. The BH code is never used: it did belong to TEA Basel AG, which became easyJet Switzerland, so I presume it still exists. All flights operated in the 900 range are "operated by easyJet Switzerland SA", according to their timetable. End of digression.

I see that the cheap Easy Saver flights with SWISS to LHR that I managed to secure 2 days ago have well and truly disappeared, there being no availability for 3 days either side of my dates. So, they're selling well. To be quite honest, you will have to be extremely quick to snap them up. EasyJet is the same: there are very few of those cheap seats, and you have to grab them jolly quickly, usually a long time in advance. Most of the time, I kid you not, I am getting a better price (or as near) from the full service airlines, plus miles etc.. And how generous will easyJet be in rerouting you from LTN should there be a technical problem or major delay with the flight?
Quote:
And how generous will easyJet be in rerouting you from LTN should there be a technical problem or major delay with the flight?</font>
1. I have yet to find LX (or BA or ...) offer me a fare of GBP 0.00. I've had several with easyJet and, indeed, my wife is in CH right now on a GBP 0.00 ticket.

2. Easyjet's t+c's including re-routeing, are well known - refund or transfer to a later flight. How about a refund of the fare if your flight is 4 hours late in arriving? That's what you get with EZ. Try that with LX!

In fairness, 4 hour delays are rare, though one family member benefited when her plane was diverted to BHX because of unexpected snow at Easter and she had to contine by bus, arriving 4 hours 5 minutes late http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif.
I didn't know that easyJet(U2) had run any GBP0.00 fares to GVA. I missed out there. Their time-keeping in my experience has been pretty excellent, unlike a lot of the major carriers. However, I still feel a bit safer on a major carrier out of a major airport(LHR), and would caution anyone against using U2 to connect onto a longhaul or limited operation flight with another carrier.