Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Plus traveling domestically in the US

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Elite Plus traveling domestically in the US

Now most of my travel will be domestic within US (with one or two flights to e. Europe). I'm FB Gold, makes me ST Elite+: what bennies can I expect on likes of Delta and Continental? NW?

Should I just switch to SkyMiles?
Old May 6, 2008, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum (lifetime)
Originally Posted by herzmeh
Now most of my travel will be domestic within US. I'm FB Gold, makes me ST Elite+: what bennies can I expect on likes of Delta and Continental? NW?
Be sure you do not live in US for FB where AF gold is not Elite Plus.
On Continental do not expect anything: all FF members of One pass are before you (included basis tier...)
On Delta, if you book in Y (full fare) you may be upgraded...but nothing official.
On NW, all elite are upgraded if possible.
Old May 6, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I am afraid that your status will not get you much on US domestic flights. You will be able to use the elite/FC check-in lines at the counter, but that means little since you will probably use online check-in or kiosk check-in anyway. If you check luggage, you may be able to get them to accept the 2nd bag without a charge. You may also get to use elite security lines at certain airports.

Upgrades will probably not happen.
Old May 6, 2008, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by herzmeh
Now most of my travel will be domestic within US (with one or two flights to e. Europe). I'm FB Gold, makes me ST Elite+: what bennies can I expect on likes of Delta and Continental? NW?

Should I just switch to SkyMiles?
don't move your address to the US. If you keep your address in Europe NW will treat you well (as long as NW exists ... not much longer) and you should get lounge access as well as domestic UGs. On DL and CO you get preferred seating, check-in and so on, but no lounge access and no UGs.
Old May 7, 2008, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
don't move your address to the US. If you keep your address in Europe NW will treat you well (as long as NW exists ... not much longer) and you should get lounge access as well as domestic UGs. On DL and CO you get preferred seating, check-in and so on, but no lounge access and no UGs.
As for upgrades, am I going to be on par with NW's US members?

Has anyone seen any speculations on what will happen when NW becomes Delta?
Old May 7, 2008, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
You will be behind NW and CO elites. Don't expect any upgrades. (But hey, that's still better than nothing, as AF/KL don't offer free upgrades to NW elites at all.)

You might just consider joining NW WorldPerks. If you change to a US address or call them, they might just move your account/status/etc. When the DL merger happens that should be rather seamless... (not saying the merger is a good thing, but status etc will definitely be migrated.)
Old May 8, 2008, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ifette
You will be behind NW and CO elites. Don't expect any upgrades. (But hey, that's still better than nothing, as AF/KL don't offer free upgrades to NW elites at all.)
14/14 for me this year.
Old May 8, 2008, 3:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by RobertS975
I am afraid that your status will not get you much on US domestic flights. You will be able to use the elite/FC check-in lines at the counter, but that means little since you will probably use online check-in or kiosk check-in anyway. If you check luggage, you may be able to get them to accept the 2nd bag without a charge. You may also get to use elite security lines at certain airports.

Upgrades will probably not happen.
Actually, Delta's policy says that you pay for the second checked bag on Delta flights. But not on NW or CO.
Old May 10, 2008, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum (lifetime)
Originally Posted by cfischer
14/14 for me this year.
You mean that you have been upgraded 14 times on 14 flights ?
Can you give us some details please?
Thank you
Old May 10, 2008, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dechil
You mean that you have been upgraded 14 times on 14 flights ?
Can you give us some details please?
Thank you
go the FB pages and read the T&C plus there is a thread in the FB forum ... no need to post everything all over again. Nobody knows how much longer, but I am flying the red tail as long as it lasts ... writing this from the NW WC in MSP.

hint: as long as you are PE your chances are very high ... obviously depends on the route and day of the week. Check the NW forum for general details on the EUA process.
Old May 13, 2008, 6:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by ifette

You might just consider joining NW WorldPerks. If you change to a US address or call them, they might just move your account/status/etc. When the DL merger happens that should be rather seamless... (not saying the merger is a good thing, but status etc will definitely be migrated.)
NW will upgrade FB PE at 5-day window before the flight as their own PE or CO PE. I do not think it is such a great idea to move NW since the only benefit that a FB PE passenger misses when flying NW is an automatic upgrade for a companion in the same reservation... FB GE are treated as NW GE. In addition to NW GE, they get WC club access when flying NW domestically and FB GE are ST E+ if their address is outside US (NW GE are only ST E).
Old May 13, 2008, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dakr
NW will upgrade FB PE at 5-day window before the flight as their own PE or CO PE. I do not think it is such a great idea to move NW since the only benefit that a FB PE passenger misses when flying NW is an automatic upgrade for a companion in the same reservation... FB GE are treated as NW GE. In addition to NW GE, they get WC club access when flying NW domestically and FB GE are ST E+ if their address is outside US (NW GE are only ST E).
there are a few other minor issues, but for the most part this is correct ... as long as you have your country of residence outside of the USA or Mexico.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 1:29 pm

I also found on DL there is no preferred seating even after you call CS to add your FB#.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by derekcarden
I also found on DL there is no preferred seating even after you call CS to add your FB#.
This is not really true. The ICC reps will often not understand and you are generally better off using the chat feature of the website to make it happen, but if you are ST E or E+ you get access to some of the preferred seats. There are still some that are held back for DL Medallions only, I believe, but I've been able to get preferred seats as a CO Plat/ST E+ flying domestically on DL on more than one occasion.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by derekcarden
not online, but via Email or phone ... use the int. itin. option.
Never issues, but check the gazillion schedule changes since it may bump you out of your exit row and you'll have to call again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.