Search

Input Welcome for Talkboard Meeting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 7:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Lightbulb Input Welcome for Talkboard Meeting

Talkboard is having its first face-to-face meeting on April 25th and I personally would like to get some feeback from you on topics which you might like to see discussed.

Unfortunately, our time is very limited and our agenda is quite full so don't be disappointed if we don't get to every single topic that is suggested--we already know that will not be possible--but we really would like your input.

Last edited by Punki; Apr 9, 2008 at 5:40 am Reason: clarification
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
I know this sounds like 'don't mention the war', but is OMNI post counts (the whole palava / post wars issue since late 2006) on the agenda?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:30 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Punki
our time is very limited and our agenda is quite full so don't be disappointed if we don't get to every single topic that is suggested....
Is it possible for us to know what are on the agenda right now so we don't have to "re-suggest" them to TB again?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 1:29 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by lin821
Is it possible for us to know what are on the agenda right now so we don't have to "re-suggest" them to TB again?
Good idea. I have some thoughts, but may or may not be more important to me than some items you already have on the agenda.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Punki, thank you for offering to table our input (and never mind, relax about my mention of the war... only kidding )

I hope that you can, with Randy, review the success of the new forums and keep an open mind to opening a few more for airlines with very, very similar growth phases and prospects.

Cheers,
BB.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 5:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thank you lin821 for what I consider to be an excellent suggestion:

Here is the deal. We are simultaneously working out our agenda and it won't be completed until just a few days before the meeting. So, waiting until it is ready for publication (assuming that my fellow TalkBoard member agree to publishing it publicly) will probably make your suggestion too late for inclusion. So, my suggestion would be that if you have a good idea, go ahead and submit it. The only thing that could happen if it is a repeat of one of our ideas, is to confirm that we are all on the same page.

Last edited by Punki; Apr 9, 2008 at 5:27 am Reason: clarity
Old Apr 9, 2008, 7:44 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Put some teeth in the rules regarding removal of a Talkboard member. Make the Talkboard live by a code of conduct that's at least as stringent as the one under which the volunteer moderators operate. Set hard and fast rules to trigger a vote on a TB member's removal, rather than leave it up to the politics of the past where TB members missed vote after vote after vote without consequence because their fellow TB members refused to act.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:29 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
These are interesting ideas. Keep them coming!

While I'd personally prefer to see 'big picture' and systemic issues and suggestions, imho no issue is too big or too small to throw against the wall to see if it sticks. ^
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:59 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Please consider how the TalkBoard can develop and support initiatives that enhance the user experience for FlyerTalk. An example would be addressing the needs of new posters who come to FT seeking information and may ask questions that have been discussed in previous threads. Established forum users may find the repetative (to them) questions annoying and frustrating to wade through. New users may experience some curt "do a search" responses which degrades their initial experience.

Solutions should be sought that addresses the needs of new and veteran members of FlyerTalk.

Thank you.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I agree with you 100%, FlyinHawaiian, as it seems to becoming more and more rare for new posters to become long-term active members of FT.

Do you, or does anyone else, have any ideas how this could be accomplished?
Old Apr 9, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ClueByFour
Put some teeth in the rules regarding removal of a Talkboard member. Make the Talkboard live by a code of conduct that's at least as stringent as the one under which the volunteer moderators operate. Set hard and fast rules to trigger a vote on a TB member's removal, rather than leave it up to the politics of the past where TB members missed vote after vote after vote without consequence because their fellow TB members refused to act.
I second this suggestion.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:28 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
New users may experience some curt "do a search" responses which degrades their initial experience.
Maybe we ought to mask certain forums from new users. Or include a pop-up warning that "This Forum is a Free Fire Zone". TS&S comes to mind. @:-)
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:33 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by nsx
Maybe we ought to mask certain forums from new users. Or include a pop-up warning that "This Forum is a Free Fire Zone". TS&S comes to mind. @:-)
Or... a novel concept... our members could be more welcoming to new members....
Old Apr 9, 2008, 11:40 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Punki
I agree with you 100%, FlyinHawaiian, as it seems to becoming more and more rare for new posters to become long-term active members of FT.

Do you, or does anyone else, have any ideas how this could be accomplished?
I am aware that there are numerous "plug-in" modules that can be added to the existing interface and several are under consideration. I'd suggest that the TB encourage this and provide input as to other areas of the FT experience that can be addressed by solutions in technology and also in procedure.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 12:59 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Could the Talkboard have a conversation about how to get more member input? Articles, links in Talkmail? Posting votes outside Talkboard Topics? Having regular chat sessions with the membership?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.