Search

e-Rewards Participation In The AAdvantage Program Ending

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:21 pm
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
e-Rewards Participation In The AAdvantage Program Ending

Effective June 11, 2008, e-RewardsŪ will no longer be a participant in the AAdvantage program. The final date to redeem the eligible portion of your e-Rewards Currency for AAdvantage miles is June 11, 2008.

Link to aa.com.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by LRD
Effective June 11, 2008, e-Rewards® will no longer be a participant in the AAdvantage program. The final date to redeem the eligible portion of your e-Rewards Currency for AAdvantage miles is June 11, 2008.

Link to aa.com.
Well, geeze, that kind of sucks. E-Rewards has been kind to me over the years, so I'm sorry to see this relationship end. I'll probably keep up with e-rewards, though, since its still good for pumping up the HHonors account...

I will, say, though, huge thumbs up for the advance notice -- we've got a good two months to make the most of it. This is a lot better than, say, how HHonors just disappeared one day from MyPoints.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Originally Posted by rbessler
Well, geeze, that kind of sucks. E-Rewards has been kind to me over the years, so I'm sorry to see this relationship end. I'll probably keep up with e-rewards, though, since its still good for pumping up the HHonors account...

I will, say, though, huge thumbs up for the advance notice -- we've got a good two months to make the most of it. This is a lot better than, say, how HHonors just disappeared one day from MyPoints.

That's it...I'm done too. Haven't had a survey in months. Guess I'll focus on Live Search so that I can get more AA miles
Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
First, I'd like to compliment you, LRD, with your timely postings.
Second, this announcement is really

I just submitted $100 e-rewards for 2,000 AAdvantage miles. Based on a previous thread, I know that I'm now able to claim 2 rewards per year for AAdvantage miles. I don't know if I'll make it to any reward before June (I don't seem to get as many emails from e-rewards as I used to).

Oh well. I'm in agreement with rbessler... nice that there was advance notice at least.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Thanks for the heads up. Need to cash in those rewards! Disappointing that AA will no longer be part of the program. It was a nice easy few thousand extra miles a year.

Oh well, since I've become an avid user of AA E shopping in the last few months, won't really miss the miles.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
I agree, another useful thread started by LRD. ^

I've already claimed my 2 $100 awards for the year so not much I can do. Seems a bit strange to end it so soon after the recent change and this will definitely reduce my interest in the e-Rewards program.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by oiRRio
[...] and this will definitely reduce my interest in the e-Rewards program.
I've already quit. I had some extra e-bucks left over last year and tried to use them at eBags... there were so many exceptions it seemed e-Rewards dollars were good for everything except what you'd actually want.

AAdvantage miles were the only reward worth the trouble to me. If you do quit, there is a short exit questionaire asking you why. It also asks if you'd be willing to come back if there was a change to correct the thing that made you leave.

Perhaps enough feedback will bring back the AAdvantage reward.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:04 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Thanks, LRD, for the heads up! ^
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sinanju
I've already quit. I had some extra e-bucks left over last year and tried to use them at eBags... there were so many exceptions it seemed e-Rewards dollars were good for everything except what you'd actually want.

AAdvantage miles were the only reward worth the trouble to me. If you do quit, there is a short exit questionaire asking you why. It also asks if you'd be willing to come back if there was a change to correct the thing that made you leave.

Perhaps enough feedback will bring back the AAdvantage reward.
Agree with all that. I may well do the same as soon as I can get rid of my remaining $250 balance.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Since they force you to stay with the miles program that invited you, does that mean you are now without any miles earning rewards, or will they let you switch under these extreme circumstances.

I signed up day one through DL but stopped banking SkyMiles a couple of years ago and have burned my miles. When I inquired about switching to NW as a mileage award redemption they were pretty clear in that I was stuck with DL. I thought that would be a jinx and the NW/DL deal would go through but it died like it should have. If DL does go away, will we then be stuck with no air miles rewards, either?

I still get a handful of surveys, enough to keep a decent balance in my account. Since I don't take the DL miles I only use it for HHonors points now but have started using it for CC trades. It is not what it was when it started but few things are anymore.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards
Unhappy eRewards Participation in Aadvantage Ending

Bummer. Just when AA made it possible to claim 2 eRewards a year, they go off and cancel their relationship. So I guess I am now stuck with getting Hilton points or ordering more magazines I don't need.

https://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Vi...omotionContent
Old Apr 9, 2008, 1:15 pm
In memoriam

Thanks for the "heads up." I was unaware you could double dip in one year, and I had already cashed in $100 for 2,000 miles in January. I had another $83 on the run, so I just grabbed another 1,000 miles! Without FT...forget it!
Old Apr 9, 2008, 1:20 pm

How do I redeem erewards for AA miles

Just logged into my e-rewards account and couldnt find a way to redeem my remaining e-rewards for AA miles. Can someone post how to redeem before June 11.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by freekie
Just logged into my e-rewards account and couldnt find a way to redeem my remaining e-rewards for AA miles. Can someone post how to redeem before June 11.
Once you've logged in, click on "Rewards" at the top. That will produce a screen of "Sponsor Rewards." American Airlines is in that list. Once you've clicked on American Airlines, it will bring up the various reward levels:

$25 level = 500 AAdvantage miles
$50 level = 1,000 AAdvantage miles
$100 level = 2,000 AAdvantage miles

Choose the level at which you want to redeem by clicking on the link.
It should ask you to verify some information, including input of your AAdvantage number, etc.

You should be all set.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 1:46 pm

Thank you miamigrad, but I dont see American Airlines anywhere in the Rewards section. I can only see e-miles and the usual others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.