Is this a change or a typo?

Subscribe
www.qantas.com says the following for cabin bonus:

Cabin class bonus
"A Cabin class bonus is awarded on eligible Qantas Business and First fares. The bonus is applied to the base Economy accrual rate:

25% for Business fares, and
50% for First fares
Additionally, all members will receive a 10% Cabin class bonus when flying on British Airways in World Traveller Plus."

Surely this is a typo as up till now we have been getting cabin bonuses (Bus/First) on ALL OW partners not just on QF?

[This message has been edited by alect (edited 07-02-2003).]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alect:
Additionally, all members will receive a 10% Cabin class bonus when flying on British Airways in World Traveller Plus."

Surely this is a typo as up till now we have been getting cabin bonuses on ALL OW partners not just on QF?
</font>
This seems to be to be slightly sloppy wording on QF's part, and that all they are trying to convey is that BA is the only OW partner with a premium economy product that will give in a class-of-service bonus (10%).
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by alect:
"...Additionally, all members will receive a 10% Cabin class bonus when flying on British Airways in World Traveller Plus."

Surely this is a typo as up till now we have been getting cabin bonuses (Bus/First) on ALL OW partners not just on QF?
</font>
The cabin bonus on WT+ is new - see QFF Program Changes effective 1 July 2003. The cabin bonuses have always applied to F and J on OW flights.
dupl.

[This message has been edited by alect (edited 07-03-2003).]
Quote:
"A Cabin class bonus is awarded on eligible Qantas Business and First fares. The bonus is applied to the base Economy accrual rate:

50% for First fares
"</font>

I understood the change for WT+ - my question was to the wording above. It makes it sound like it only applies to QF flights which is clearly wrong.8-

[This message has been edited by alect (edited 07-02-2003).]
From my understanding, I would have simply written it as follows:

"Cabin class bonus

A Cabin class bonus is awarded on eligible Qantas Business and First fares. The bonus is applied to the base Economy accrual rate:

10% for World Taveller Plus (BA premium economy cabin)
50% for First fares"

But whom am I against the smartest marketers and legal team in Australian aviation.

Seems they need to go back to simple English explanations. As my mother keeps saying (who is famous for correcting speech and grammar), the KISS principle always works.

[This message has been edited by QF WP (edited 07-03-2003).]
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
From my understanding, I would have simply written it as follows:

"Cabin class bonus

A Cabin class bonus is awarded on eligible Qantas Business and First fares. The bonus is applied to the base Economy accrual rate:

50% for First fares"

But whom am I against the smartest marketers and legal team in Australian aviation.

Seems they need to go back to simple English explanations. As my mother keeps saying (who is famous for correcting speech and grammar), the KISS principle always works.

[This message has been edited by QF WP (edited 07-03-2003).]
</font>
This is confusing when they include the term "Qantas".

They should have written something like

"A Cabin class bonus is awarded on eligible fares on eligible OW flights. The bonus is applied to the base Economy accrual rate:

50% for First fares"

They then could have defined seperately eligible faresand eligible OW flights.

Also see here

Edited to fix coding twice

[This message has been edited by michaelblain (edited 07-03-2003).]

Dup