Search

My map of Tokyo Hotels and Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2008, 4:00 pm
rjh
Original Poster

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
My map of Tokyo Hotels and Restaurants

Since the Google Map for Tokyo is still in Japanese (though diddlefinger is a big help in finding addresses), I thought I'd make my pretty basic placements of hotels and restaurants open for collaboration, in case you're interested in adding your favorites (or those you hate or anything in between).

Hotels are (supposed to be) here.

Restaurants are here.

If this is redundant to something else or just plain stupid, let me know.

Last edited by rjh; Oct 6, 2008 at 9:40 pm
Old Mar 10, 2008, 10:29 am

So far, I like it. I feel your pain about the google maps. So much of the stuff is off in the Japanese maps. However, the pin points you're doing are a great asset.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Bento.com has google mapped its listings, although I don't know if they all can be seen on one map, as yours can.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 7:46 pm
rjh
Original Poster

Just to be clear anyone can add, change (and I guess delete) from these maps.

So, if you want to add a location or make a correction, please do so.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 4:06 pm
rjh
Original Poster

So I see busy hands have been at work on the Tokyo hotels map adding Kyoto hotels as well as placemarks with names such as "Placemark 149." Also, someone added a line in China, which seems safe to delete.

I appreciate the collaborative effort (and have no idea if this will ever be seen by those changing the map since it's open collaboration), but a bit of additional focus would be appreciated.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 4:40 pm

Hi, I'm new here on Flyertalk, and wanted to answer Calcifer's comment about the Bento.com map upthread. We (at Bento) actually have several maps for Tokyo and Osaka/Kyoto, including one that displays the restaurants and bars nearest your hotel or office. http://www.bento.com/gmaps/nearest.html

There are several preset hotels and landmarks, or you can just click on your location. It actually does display all the restaurants in our database, just not all at the same time....
Old Jan 30, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Bumping this thread and putting out a request to Flyertalkers to add hotels to this map. I noticed that the Peninsula and other "recent" newcomers to the Tokyo hotel scene are not marked.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:13 am
rjh
Original Poster

Tokyo Hotel Map Deprecated

Hi,
The original map we came up with in 2008 was useful because Google Maps was pretty crude and monolingual. Things have changed a lot.

I'm going to retain the map for historic purposes, but since busy fingers have been adding nonsense to it, I'm removing it from collaboration.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for keeping it. May not be so useful as it once was but seems handy as a historical reference. It is interesting to see if a particular hotel has raised, lowered or maintained its rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.