Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Does QANTAS charge for checking on a bicycle?

Old Oct 2, 2002, 12:29 am
Original Poster

I will be flying to MEL on Qantas(in coach) soon and would like to know if they charge to check a bike as part of checked baggage. Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 1:06 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Only if you exceed your checked baggage allowance. Assuming travel from the US to Australia, the limit is based on the number of checked bags, and your class of service and/or OneWorld elite status. These limts are clearly outlines on the Qantas Web site. For FF allowances, see here.

Note that each checked item cannot exceed 32Kg. If you have elite status with OneWorld, they are more likely to waive any fee for excess baggage, but that will depend on how good/bad a day the particular agent has had.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 4:36 pm

About the only thing they will charge you for is the box ($25 when I asked -- I laughed and said no thanks). You can easily get one of these from your local bike store; ask them about how to pack it properly, since the chuckers at Qantas will dent it severely along the way....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.