AAA card - Do hotels check ?

Subscribe
I never really paid attention to these rates as they are usually even more than my chainwide discount is, but I found a place in Las Vegas that has a reasonable offer. It is a nice hotel though.

Do hotels check these AAA cards on check-in ? I have never seen it at other guests even though I witnessed many times that hotel staff asked for a government ID.

Thanks,
I stay in 1 to 3 different hotels a week and have been asked by about 10-15% of hotels when I check in. This has been across many brands, none of which seem to enforce it more regularly than others. YMMV.
Some do

Pay the $40
The Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas asked to see my AAA card. It was the first time anyone has asked in several years.
Quote: Some do

Pay the $40
Just a little problem:

The card wont arrive until the weekend

Also the price for AAA membership seems to differ from state to state.
I use AAA booking code for hotels and rental cars. I have NEVER been asked to present the membership card.
You can get a temporary card at any AAA office. During the holidays I had a gap between receiving my renewed card and leaving for vacation. I never know which hotel will ask to see the card, so I got a temporary one. The hotel never asked, but I wanted to be prepared just in case.
Sign up at your local AAA office & make your case ~ they should be able to give you a temporary card .. or at least a verifying receipt.

I think I've been 'carded' once
/.
40$ ???

They want 67$ for joining !

I think I just pass and book...
Hilton's require the AAA number if you're making the reservation online - most don't check at all (in my experience) though some hotels do check. If a hotel checks & you don't have it - just expect to pay the regular rate (though at a hotel like an SPG product - the AAA rate & the rack rate are often VERY different - at most other chains, it's a 5-15% discount usually).

See if you can do a joint account with a friend, coworker, neighbor or FT'ers - my account has me (in DC) and my sister (NY - just haver her listed at my address) on it.
Also, keep in mind that AAA cards get printed for 2-years validity (for example a card issued in April 2007, is valid through April 2009 according to the card - even though you're only paid up through April 2008 - and, though I'm not 100% sure, I think if you were to lose your card in say, February 2008 and ask them to send you a new one, it'd show a validity date of February 2010 - of course, I'm not 100% sure of that) - based on this, you can get away with paying for it only once every 2 years if you think that you're only going to use for hotels - if you're going to use it for other things (like maps, travel agency services, etc), you would have to pay the annual fee...
I can only recall being asked for the card twice in the last 70-80 stays. As mentioned previously, Hilton makes you provide the number at booking time to get the rate, so maybe that's why they don't ask for the card. But fewer than half of those stays have been Hilton or related.
Quote: The Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas asked to see my AAA card. It was the first time anyone has asked in several years.
Ditto.
Quote: I can only recall being asked for the card twice in the last 70-80 stays. As mentioned previously, Hilton makes you provide the number at booking time to get the rate, so maybe that's why they don't ask for the card. But fewer than half of those stays have been Hilton or related.
I've never been asked to show the card through many stays at Hilton and Marriott properties. Nearly every one was booked with the AAA discount, which at some places can be a reasonable savings.
I solved the little problem with some support and look forward to a comfortable stay

Cheers,